Should I report neighbour for smoking weed?

Comments

• Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    :confused:I've smoked all my life and have never ever had weed that smells like sewage. I put it to you that you're talking out of your arse.

OP I'd be inclined to mind your own business, you could be opening yourself up for abuse, not really worth it.

I strongly suspect my downstairs neighbour is growing it, but I'm not saying nowt, I've got to live there (and I'd be a massive hypocrite)

Skunk smells like sewage to me. |t stinks and the smell lingers for ages. If you've smoked all your life you're probably smoking skunk now so you should know how rank it smells. Maybe you're just used to it.
  • BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    epsom wrote: »
    Maybe, mind your own business, should govern you in this!

It IS my business when the smoke's coming in to my house! What kind of part of that don't you get? I don't want that anywhere near my lungs.

Anyway thanks for all your advice. :) Luckily it hasn't happened for the past few days. If they start again and it's happening I think I'll have a word with the agency. Really don't want to get the police involved, seems a bit extreme.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    This whole year I've been stuck renting a house with a guy who smokes weed and he smells really bad. He musn't realise how much he stinks - I think this guy barely washes too. He says he opens the windows in his room but I doubt it cus the weed smell hangs in the hallway.I've not said anything to the landlord cus I wanted the flatmate and I to get on ok. Over time I've found out the flatmate is a few sandwiches short of a picnic - but I'll be leaving in a few days thankfully.He's been a pain in the arse (about other things) so I'm wondering whether to rat him out to the landlord so he loses some of his deposit. Tis risky tho cus I don't want the other flatmates and myself to have money taken out of our deposit too. Might just keep schtum.

Anyway good luck OP.
  • bhappyluvbhappyluv Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    Skunk smells like sewage to me. |t stinks and the smell lingers for ages. If you've smoked all your life you're probably smoking skunk now so you should know how rank it smells. Maybe you're just used to it.

I work with sewage every day and occasionally we get a bottle that smells like weed. So weed smells like sewage to me too.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody who just sits around being a pothead is just a waste of space, I feel for the op it must be a nightmare having the smell of dope coming in your home...

Some of these people should get off their backsides and get a job
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody who just sits around being a pothead is just a waste of space, I feel for the op it must be a nightmare having the smell of dope coming in your home...

Not everyone that smokes pot just sits around all day some people can work & smoke pot as well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Not everyone that smokes pot just sits around all day some people can work & smoke pot as well

This is true, but in my experience most of the people I know who smoke dope are dossers, or in dead end jobs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Most employers have a drugs and alcohol policy

Unless you have a crap job
    Forum Member

I'm not sure they meant doing both at the same time.

Employers can ask you to take a drugs test if they have a policy. The problem with cannabis is that even if you haven't smoked it for several days you will still test positive.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is true, but in my experience most of the people I know who smoke dope are dossers, or in dead end jobs.

We have a drug & alcohol policy at my job (not a crap job) not one member of staff has ever been tested for drugs in the 16 years I've worked there & only 1 person has ever been reprimanded for alcohol use which was one they slept in the offices overnight after going out drinking.

I know several people that have normal decent jobs that smoke weed and have done for donkey years
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know several people that have normal decent jobs that smoke weed and have done for donkey years

Same here... I know teaching assistants, nurses and midwives who all smoke weed.
  • wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member

My neighbour told me they could smell my cannabis smoke so I started smoking in the garden instead, I chose not to smoke in my own home because I didn't want to cause any problems with my good neighbours. All they had to do was inform me of the problem which they did, we are not all selfish smokers.

Also for your information I have a very good job in IT in the legal sector, earning enough for me to be able to buy my own place this year.
    I'm buying late in life as I've spent most of it being an IT contractor, earning shed loads and travelling round the world instead.

All that and yet I'm a "Pothead".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    Same here... I know teaching assistants, nurses and midwives who all smoke weed.

All very foolish for risking their careers
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wench wrote: »
    My neighbour told me they could smell my cannabis smoke so I started smoking in the garden instead, I chose not to smoke in my own home because I didn't want to cause any problems with my good neighbours. All they had to do was inform me of the problem which they did, we are not all selfish smokers.

Also for your information I have a very good job in IT in the legal sector, earning enough for me to be able to buy my own place this year.
    I'm buying late in life as I've spent most of it being an IT contractor, earning shed loads and travelling round the world instead.

All that and yet I'm a "Pothead".

Do you realize that by smoking that rubbish you're a prime candidate for paranoia and mental illness eventually?
    Forum Member

Yes, I'm one of them, although I've since knocked it on the head as over 20 years of smoking an ounce a week was enough for me, plus it was a side effect of giving up cigarettes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what the posters who smoke cannabis would feel getting on a bus or train maybe knowing the driver had been smoking a spliff
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what the posters who smoke cannabis would feel getting on a bus or train maybe knowing the driver had been smoking a spliff

I don't smoke cannabis but I get in cars with drivers who do and I've been in cars with friends who smoke a spliff while they're driving, so my bus or train driver doing it wouldn't bother me at all.
    Forum Member
    I don't smoke cannabis but I get in cars with drivers who do and I've been in cars with friends who smoke a spliff while they're driving, so my bus or train driver doing it wouldn't bother me at all.

I guess you are cool with drink drivers as well then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The content of this particular post makes me want to weep..
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ultimately it's down to you, if you think it's having a effect on you then report him, my next door neighbour smokes it and it's horrendous in the summer heat but it doesn't bother me who smokes what but can understand for some it not nice.
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No job I've ever had has had a drug or alcohol policy.

Most people, especially the managers were big users of cannabis and cocaine for the most part.

You seem to have it really back to front.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems obvious from the majority of the posts that most people who have responded not only have absolutely no idea what cannabis smells like, but have Daily Mail-type ideas about its effects. Anyone who just has the occasional joint is no more (or even less) likely to be psychotic than the huge number of people who have a skin full of beer every weekend. There really is a hell of a lot of crap talked about it.
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    I'd love to have a whiff of weed drifting over my garden wall on a balmy summer evening.

But I do understand that if someone else's smoking (whatever they're smoking) invades your home then there's a problem.

Be patient OP. EU legislation will clear up this terrible problem eventually after they've realised their almighty cock-up in not noticing how important bees are.

Don't hold your breath.

ETA. To ram the point home. No bees-less pollination-less harvest-less food.

And you're bothered by the smell of smoke?
    Forum Member
    owllover wrote: »
    I'd love to have a whiff of weed drifting over my garden wall on a balmy summer evening.

But I do understand that if someone else's smoking (whatever they're smoking) invades your home then there's a problem.

Be patient OP. EU legislation will clear up this terrible problem eventually after they've realised their almighty cock-up in not noticing how important bees are.

Don't hold your breath.

ETA. To ram the point home. No bees-less pollination-less harvest-less food.

And you're bothered by the smell of smoke?

It's a bit early for smoking isn't it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    No job I've ever had has had a drug or alcohol policy.

Most people, especially the managers were big users of cannabis and cocaine for the most part.

You seem to have it really back to front.

I must be wrong then, I'm sure it's it's perfectly safe to have a line of Charlie then operate machinery, drive a truck or a bus, stack shelves or even fly 300 people to Cuba..

Silly me I apologise,