Options

How are you getting DriveClub?

Comments

• Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good point gilly. The full game isn't really the full game.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know they're all at it but I just feel they have all this extra already and are holding it back for dlc to make up for the freebie plus version.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    There's a little bit of outrage about the dlc on the Playstation blog.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont want to sound like a total party pooper but also the free weather thing etc just sounds like the game also still wanst ready. Will it come at same time as sonys resume function I wonder.
  • Options
    darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    I dont want to sound like a total party pooper but also the free weather thing etc just sounds like the game also still wanst ready. Will it come at same time as sonys resume function I wonder.

I read the weather was in a day one update unless that's changed now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will see how the 'demo' goes but I'm being driven more to project cars at the moment with this dlc talk at the moment.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    The game has now gone gold. Not long to wait now but from all the recent footage, it seems the delay has paid off
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The dynamic weather (and photo mode) were never part of the original plan for the game. These are additional features that have been made possible by the extra time allowed. Delaying the game further for these nice to have but not essential features would have been a mistake. I think it's right that they are being added for free post launch.

The dynamic weather system will be added this year.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do we ever actually get a full game these days ?.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    do we ever actually get a full game these days ?.

What is a full game?
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ill probably download the PS Plus version(as many of you who used to play Forza 2 on XB360 can confirm,driving games arent really my forte,lol)

if i like it then ill think about upgrading
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    What is a full game?

I have no idea what a full game is or is supposed to be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have no idea what a full game is or is supposed to be.

We probably haven't had a full game since the ps1 / maybe ps2 eras.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    There's a little bit of outrage about the dlc on the Playstation blog.

Y though. No one's forced into taking it. It's no different from Forza or most other racing games. I see it as if you want 'everything' the game has to offer then get the dlc/season pass.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Y though. No one's forced into taking it. It's no different from Forza or most other racing games. I see it as if you want 'everything' the game has to offer then get the dlc/season pass.

Ah I do kinda understand where they're coming from.

You're paying £45/€60 for a game which is quite expensive as it is. Then as soon as you buy the game, there's more content for buying.

It's not like they sell you a game and then go to work on some extra content that you can get 6 months down the line.

The content is there, ready to go, and they won't put it in the main game.

If this continues developers could just take a chunk of the game out and then charge extra for it when the games come out.

But it is the way the industry is heading. I'm not too bothered. If I like the game I'll get the extras. But I can see why it pisses people off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember when I bought Need for Speed on 3DO. That game came with 3 tracks which each has 3 parts to them and a total of 8 cars, I thought that was a pretty good package at the time.
    Yuffie wrote: »
    If this continues developers could just take a chunk of the game out and then charge extra for it when the games come out.

Assassins Creed 2 springs to mind, that had whole sequences removed and later sold as DLC.
  • Options
    iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Get the balance right and I'd buy DLC for any the games I own, or the games that I'd frequently play. I mean f*ck paying over the odds for a little bit of DLC such as skins or so called unique items when it's not unique so to speak.

I think the fairest one I can think of just now is Battlefield Premium, despite being owned by EA and/or DICE, there is a fair amount of content that's been released considering I got Premium for £25. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing I get annoyed with on bf premium is that when I pre order I get the bonus map pack but then they give it in the premium so I sort of feel like I'm paying for that map pack again as such.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing I get annoyed with on bf premium is that when I pre order I get the bonus map pack but then they give it in the premium so I sort of feel like I'm paying for that map pack again as such.

I felt the same way when this happened with the LA Noire season pass. Anyone who got a free case as a preorder bonus lost out on the season pass meaning those who didnt preorder got a better deal >:( .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems Driveclub will be an approx 17GB download. Nice and trim for a full game I suppose. The slimmed down PS+ version will contain all the game data and will therefore be the same size, which is good news for those wanting to upgrade quickly, but quite a lot for those just treating it as a demo / freebie.

The full game should be available on the PS Store to pre-purchase next week, and will be pre-load enabled. Hopefully, you'll be able to buy it PS+ discounted then, as the PS+ Edition (with subsequent upgrade option) won't hit until 10/10.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit more info about the launch.

They are "aiming" to have the PS+ discount active on the pre-order, so you shouldn't have wait until 10/10, get PS+ version and then upgrade for the lower price if you're planning on taking that route.

If you are waiting for the PS+ version (which you can't pre-download) you can start playing after you have the first 3.5GB. The rest will download in the background.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit more info about the launch.

They are "aiming" to have the PS+ discount active on the pre-order, so you shouldn't have wait until 10/10, get PS+ version and then upgrade for the lower price if you're planning on taking that route.

If you are waiting for the PS+ version (which you can't pre-download) you can start playing after you have the first 3.5GB. The rest will download in the background.

All games have this play when enough has dodwnloaded. Its a requirement. Its called Play-Go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All games have this play when enough has dodwnloaded. Its a requirement. Its called Play-Go.

Yep. Fully aware of what PlayGo is. Just letting people know how much is required before they can start playing. :)
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Driveclub will be released in addition to the PS+ games so you'll still get 2 16 bit games next month too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    Driveclub will be released in addition to the PS+ games so you'll still get 2 16 bit games next month too

Oh that's quite generous.