RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Pmsl at it not being Shane Richie!

I'm really glad though!
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like Terry he was/is very weak..writers are giving as few lines as possible relying on others to carry him..Nancy is also struggling imo
  • Options
    daryl_spicerdaryl_spicer Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steven that was in Big Brother is joining Eastenders
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm disappointed, I like him. :( I guess he was only brought back for
    the rape storyline

Agreed.
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking they'd go the whole messy brother relationship route with Mick/Dean after the rape and reveal but i'm guessing now there'll be no exploration of them as brothers at all
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking they'd go the whole messy brother relationship route with Mick/Dean after the rape and reveal but i'm guessing now there'll be no exploration of them as brothers at all

Dean will be gone before Christmas I think and that's when the reveal is.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    At least they have a plan for the character and his edit storyline will be a catalyst for other things to come out.

Matt is talented enough to find other roles.

Sez babe is becoming the black widow of DS forums
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well he has hardly quit if he was only brought back for this one story.

At least its not a big name. I was worried that it would be Steve Mcfadden.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    At least they have a plan for the character and his edit storyline will be a catalyst for other things to come out.

Matt is talented enough to find other roles.

Sez babe is becoming the black widow of DS forums

Lol im sure she'll like that title! Give her a break- her fave is leaving!
  • Options
    andreas_eastendandreas_eastend Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    even though I exprected that it could be Matt, I'm still sad to see it confirmed. I quite liked his return to EE :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Dean will be gone before Christmas I think and that's when the reveal is.

Yeah thats how I read it too, so I think it's a shame any relationship as siblings wont be explored

EDIT!!!! Ummmmm....
    "@matt_diangelo: Bullshit story. Haven't quit. Enjoying being back far to much. Was asked the question "am i staying in EE forever?""

Now SO confused
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL!! :D:D:D

THere you have it from the man himself! (and you cant get a better source than that!)

All this fluster on DS for nothing! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :)Well I guess it doesn't necessarily mean he isn't leaving

EDIT AGAIN -
    "@EastEndersPress: We never confirm contract details however there is absolutely no truth that @matt_diangelo is leaving this Autumn. #EastEnders #mattdiangelo"

Oh okay then....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So this is seemingly how the interview went:

Daily Star (or someone else: "Are you staying in EE forever?"
    Matt said: “I signed a very short contract. I went back to make an impact in a short time".

Out of that the star concocted a leaving story, based on the probability that a character that has committed rape is unlikely to stay for too long.

LOL!!!:D:D:D:D

Bloody tabloids!
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thought it might not be true as no other papers or DS are carrying the story.

from matt's interviews he has hinted that he won't be jailed for the rape.
    he also said that he came back and dtc gave him the option of the storyline or hanging round in the vic supping pints.

like I said earlier its a complete non story by the star. even if he does go its because he had a limited contract thats not quitting
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I wonder how long he is staying for then, after the rape which I assume airs end of Sept, how long can he realistically stay? I'm hoping they don't drag this out for months with Linda keeping quiet and everyone accepting Dean into the family.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    Well he has hardly quit if he was only brought back for this one story.

At least its not a big name. I was worried that it would be Steve Mcfadden.

Same, I thought Matt would leave anyway, I mean Dean won't get away with raping Linda.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I wonder how long he is staying for then, after the rape which I assume airs end of Sept, how long can he realistically stay? I'm hoping they don't drag this out for months with Linda keeping quiet and everyone accepting Dean into the family.

When did he first appear back? Something tells me it was April and if it is a one yr contract then he'll probably be gone about then.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    When did he first appear back? Something tells me it was April and if it is a one yr contract then he'll probably be gone about then.

Must have been about then, I think. Seems a long time for the s/l to go on for without Linda saying anything.

This is my only issue with EastEnders atm, they are dragging the stories out for waaaaaay too long, so that by the time it comes to the reveal, I'm past caring!:blush::o
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I don't see how he could have stayed
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    Must have been about then, I think. Seems a long time for the s/l to go on for without Linda saying anything.

This is my only issue with EastEnders atm, they are dragging the stories out for waaaaaay too long, so that by the time it comes to the reveal, I'm past caring!:blush::o

I think mint choc is right and think the reveal will be xmas and then mick and dean will be explored a little before he goes.

all guesswork tho, if he is enjoying he may stay longer. I mean its set so he can with blades and everything
  • Options
    storyofmylifestoryofmylife Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically his contract will be renewed regardless now, he signed a short one to see if his character was good with the audience, it is and DTC is obviously wanting to keep Dean now.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I know, I wonder if Janine will murder this one too? Oh wait....

:p

I was always a Ryan fan so hopefully he'll come back and fill the void Dean will leave.

:D

Glad to see this morning that the story was poppycock.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes!!!! Very happy that this storyline seems to be false :D