***Grimm Season 2 (US-Pace) - 13th August***

Comments

• StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    So, how the hell are they going to explain the dead suspect having only one eye? ;)

'e woz resistin' arrest Gov - 'e 'it my truncheon wiv 'is eye the li'le bleeder. Honest Guv.

Plus, having a royal half hexenbeast (or whatever they said a male hexenbeast was) as your police captain helps with the cover ups:D
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably the most grotesque monster they've had on the show yet. The worms coming out of the eyes of that woman...eww...
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really freakiy episode and will go as far as saying it's the best episode I have seen of the show. It felt very X-files-ish. If they had edited out the Adeline scenes about her pregnancy and saved them for another episode, it would of work well as a self contained stand alone episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really good episode this week - one of the strongest of the season.

Another predominantly Monster of the Week but a good one with some of the Juliet story and the Captain's stuff - full of different elements that made for a full & exciting episode. Little riddles, twists and turns, gore, heart stopping moments - especially from Wu of all people!!:eek:

Really enjoyed it:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another great episode

The fact there was no Adeline, was great. I really don't like her character. I think for a villian, she is poorly written.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the latest episode was a bit gruesome :eek: but enjoyed it overall.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the trailer the week before I was worried it was going to be another crappy attempt by a TV show at dealing with videogames, but that was actually quite good.

I can't wait for Juliette to find out the truth...
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    From the trailer the week before I was worried it was going to be another crappy attempt by a TV show at dealing with videogames, but that was actually quite good.

I can't wait for Juliette to find out the truth...

I agree I thought it handled the subject very well with the only issue being the fact the "team" was so small for such a massive game.

I absolutely loved the "Farscape" reference :cool:

I'm really loving this season!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope a season 3 is gonna happen. I know the ratings aren't amazing, but i hear 4-5 million isn't bad for a friday night and it had those ratings for it's first season. Just would be nice if this show continued. It's nice having a really great supernatural drama to be addicted to, now Fringe is resting in Television heaven
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope a season 3 is gonna happen. I know the ratings aren't amazing, but i hear 4-5 million isn't bad for a friday night and it had those ratings for it's first season. Just would be nice if this show continued. It's nice having a really great supernatural drama to be addicted to, now Fringe is resting in Television heaven

I agree. Well so far it's lasted the dreaded first half of series 2, which if it were to get cancelled it would most likely have been then.

Based on the fact series 2 will be completed and those ratings it will most likely get renewed. Supernatural on the CW only got about 3/4 million in its first few series (now it's ever lower, but it is on a channel equivalent to our channel 5)

Looking in the long term I hope Grimm goes up to series 5 at least
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one watch last night's episode?

I thought it was an interesting one, seeing Nick's 'gang' helping out. And Juliette's memories returning has got to be good doesn't it? Hopefully that storyline will get wrapped up soon! Well it better be by the end of the season!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I loved the new episode!

Great to see the whole gang working together. Loved the ending with all of them coming into the shop one by one. :D I love Bud lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I watched it - I almost always watch it Saturday morning after Spartacus. Thing is as much as I like it I do sometimes struggle to think what to post here as some episodes are perfectly good but just don't inspire comment. Plus I get distracted going back to Spartacus to comment or rewatch. Now, that's a show that inspires comment!:D

This weeks was one of those - all very good. A nice 'scooby' episode and with some nice humour in the main plot, with the Juliette & Royal plots moving along too. But ultimately all a bit light weight. Doesn't mean it was bad and I still totally enjoyed it but it seemed a bit of a 'popcorn' filler episode.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked the episode, although I thought that it was unlikely that the jury would find "guilty" just because the lawyer wasn't able to influence them during his closing argument. After all, he had already successfully managed to taint all the witness testimony, including the only real bit of evidence: the maid.

It's interesting seeing the Captain (seemingly) being open with Nick and Hank about things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another fantastic episode. It felt very "Law and order" this album with of course a supernatural twist.

I am getting sick of this Juliet storyline trying to remembers stuff. I love this show but i do find some of the key plot lines quite weak. I mean her and the captain falling for each other and the pointlessness of Adeline.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVED the newest episode. Some great effects on the new monster, and loved seeing more of Bud. :D

Wonder if the new guy will become an ally of Nick? Would be cool. He seems like a great character to have around.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just so you know Grimm's been renewed for a third season! Woop!
  • EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon87 wrote: »
    Just so you know Grimm's been renewed for a third season! Woop!
    Yeah, it's great news. And I hear that after moving to Tuesday night, the ratings were up,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two weeks on the trot without Hank. Do sort of miss him but it does allow for other characters to take a bigger stage. Wu this week - and he is still funny :D And allows for some 'bonding' time for Nick and the Captain.

I thought it was a pretty good episode and still managing to keep 'Wessen of the Week' fresh. Didn't guess the ufologist was a Wessen too - though I think it could have worked just as well if he had been human - a slightly different dynamic.

Thought the ending was a bit silly though - could have totally blown their cover!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he was only supposed to be out two weeks ... he hurt his leg and was having surgery on it.

I appreciate how well the suit the actor to the Wesen ... the ufologist guy was a perfect hawk-like creature.

Blow their cover how? I liked the ending. I thought it wrapped things up nicely, and gave the cops an "explanation" for everything.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't a bad episode, but the ending did grate, because I don't think he should have got away with killing that guy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EnricoIV wrote: »
    I think he was only supposed to be out two weeks ... he hurt his leg and was having surgery on it.

I appreciate how well the suit the actor to the Wesen ... the ufologist guy was a perfect hawk-like creature.

Blow their cover how? I liked the ending. I thought it wrapped things up nicely, and gave the cops an "explanation" for everything.

Well, if they had hidden the body no one would be looking for the Ufologist's car - you know, the one they are going to try to cross the border into Canada with (and back again into Alaska). Now there will be an APB out for it - with Area 51 in on it too:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're not going to be looking for his car. He was in the stolen car. He's dead. Case closed.

They'd be looking harder if the ufologist turned up missing. And there would be an APB. If they changed the plates on his truck ... they're especially home free. Police at the border are going to be looking more at the people than the vehicles. And they'd be interested in the vehicles only for what was in the vehicle ... not it's registration.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EnricoIV wrote: »
    They're not going to be looking for his car. He was in the stolen car. He's dead. Case closed.

They'd be looking harder if the ufologist turned up missing. And there would be an APB. If they changed the plates on his truck ... they're especially home free. Police at the border are going to be looking more at the people than the vehicles. And they'd be interested in the vehicles only for what was in the vehicle ... not it's registration.

They find a murder victim in a stolen car, they find his trailer but they don't find the matching car and you say they wouldn't think 'oh, maybe the guy who shot this ufologist fella stole his car better go look for it'?:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't get used to the move to Tuesdays so still watching on a Saturday morning.

Another good episode. The resolution was a tiny bit anti-climatical but nice to have Nick & Julliet back together :)

I LOVED the phoning round everyone to see what's up with Nick - everyone helping out & natural with each other - a bit like a grown up 'Scooby Gang' a la Buffy TVS. The show has really evolved with its changing group dynamic.