Options

Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Kevin Bacon being in R.I.P.D scared the audience since he was in the EE advert just before it and then he appears in the movie. It's like some sort of crossover.
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    35 mins of Trance

please don't bother with this one :sleep:

I thought it was very enjoyable if you know what is going on then it is really good a bit like Inception.
  • Options
    Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Host (LINK)

I couldn't even finish it. I lasted roughly 40 minutes into it and then had to turn it off. Slow crapola is what it is. Unlikable characters and a story that is so uninteresting that my time would have been better spent by watching birds shit on an umbrella.
  • Options
    dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Un Flic 6.5/10
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Silver Linings Playbook - This is waaaay out of my comfort zone but I really enjoyed it and now want to marry Jennifer Lawrence :D 8/10
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Ice Age 2 - 8/10
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    E. T - Extra Terrestial. Blubbed like a baby.
  • Options
    Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruby Sparks .... what can I say? .. the usual story of a nerdy man who gets the girl of his dreams ... so like real life :rolleyes:
  • Options
    emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,167
    Forum Member
    Giant (1956) - 8/10
  • Options
    cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiwttmos wrote: »
    Just watched Breakdown starring Kurt Russell. Enjoyable movie 7/10.

Ah thanks, forgot about that one, not seen if for years and it is good if i remember.
    Pencilled in for the next week or so def.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After Earth 5/10 - It's a bit on the zzzzzzz side .... :p
  • Options
    wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silver Linings Playbook 9/10 for me, really enjoyed it.
    Walking Tall - 6/10 turn off brain and engage type of film....it was ok.
  • Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Man For All Seasons (1966) - Well acted. I kept thinking of how great Paul Schofield would have been playing a Vulcan in Star Trek. I'm glad I finally got to see this film, but it isn't one I'd want to watch again.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Da Vinci Code - 5/10
    Angels and Demons - 5/10
    Iron Man 3 - DNF (did not finish). I was too bored to watch the rest.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Call..great from start to finish 8.5/10
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    Elysium - 2013

This is a dystopian future Earth where the underclass lives on the planet and the ruling elite lives on an advanced orbiting space station. I thought it was a well done concept, had strong characters and it was good entertainment.

Verdict: 7.5/10
    After Earth 5/10 - It's a bit on the zzzzzzz side .... :p

I quite liked that film and I didn't think it deserved some of the highly negative critics' reviews.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    L.A. Confidential - 8.5/10

The Manchurian Candidate (1962) - 8.5/10

Paths Of Glory - 8.5/10

Lonely Are The Brave - 7.5/10

The Goonies - 2/10
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elysium - 2013

This is a dystopian future Earth where the underclass lives on the planet and the ruling elite lives on an advanced orbiting space station. I thought it was a well done concept, had strong characters and it was good entertainment.

Verdict: 7.5/10

I quite liked that film and I didn't think it deserved some of the highly negative critics' reviews.

I have seen some people's criticisms of it and I don't think it's that bad either. I don't think there's anything wrong with the kid's acting too. For his age, I thought he did a decent job.

But I personally find it a bit dull and I found myself watching the clock. I finally ended up half watching it and half playing a game on my ipad....

On a different note, I am looking forward to seeing Elysium in the next couple of weeks; so I hope our opinions are a bit closer on this one! :p
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Trojan Women
    The Lion In Winter

Never seen either although Hepburn fan. Both obviously reveal stage origins, but superbly written and acted. Two stand-out performances from Kate. Interesting to see young Anthony Hopkins and Timothy Dalton as lovers :D
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    Silver Linings Playbook - This is waaaay out of my comfort zone but I really enjoyed it and now want to marry Jennifer Lawrence :D 8/10
    wildhollie wrote: »
    Silver Linings Playbook 9/10 for me, really enjoyed it.

You can tell this film is On Demand this week. :D

I absolutely loved this film. I love to be surprised by a film...and Bradley Cooper can act shocker.....:eek::D

Fab film, loved the soundtrack and thought Robert De Niro, Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper were excellent in it. :)

My rating - 9/10. :)
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orange County [2002]. Director: Jake Kasdan

5/10

Surfer dude becomes a writer and tries to get into university. Mildly amusing drama with Tom Hanks' son and Sissy Spacek's daughter as boyfriend/girlfriend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    L.A. Confidential - 8.5/10

The Manchurian Candidate (1962) - 8.5/10

Paths Of Glory - 8.5/10

Lonely Are The Brave - 7.5/10

The Goonies - 2/10

I haven't seen 'Lonely Are The Brave', but I absolutely agree with your ratings for the other four movies. I only recently got to see 'The Goonies' for the first (and last) time. It really is abysmal.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I only recently got to see 'The Goonies' for the first (and last) time. It really is abysmal.
    I think you get more out of it if you are a kid - watched it first when you were a kid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm, maybe. Or maybe not! When I was a kid in the '70s, I mostly liked WW2 (eg Battle of the Bulge) and James Bond movies.

Anyway.......

SAW 2 - Not bad. Didn't outstay it's welcome. The usual rubbish cops.
This discussion has been closed.