BSkyB buys O2/BE Broadband and Fixed Line Business

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    alan.walan.w Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clewsy wrote: »
    The contract says they can increase the price once in the contract length. doesn't mention any link to inflation.

Its could be that if you don't swap they hike your price? Also the buyout charge could increase under Sky as this isn't set in the contract. I think its all now adding up to suggesting I should leave.

My contract says:

6 Our payment terms and Charges
    6.1 Detailed charging information can be found on our Website and in our Price List.
    6.2 We may increase or decrease our Charges from time to time. If we increase our Charges (apart
    from for Additional Services), we’ll let you know at least 30 days before the Charges are due to go
    up and you’ll have the rights explained in paragraphs 6.3 and 6.4. We won’t increase your
    Monthly Subscription Charges more than once in any 12 month period.
    6.3 You can end this Agreement without having to pay termination charges, if:
    a) we increase your Monthly Subscription Charges by more than the Retail Price Index (RPI)
    annual inflation rate at the date we notify you of the applicable price increase; or
    b) we increase any of our Charges (apart from for Additional Services) in such a way that would
    have increased your total bill for the immediately previous month by more than 10% (if the
    increase(s) had applied for the whole of that month).

6.4 If you want to end the Agreement because of one of the circumstances in paragraph 6.3 you must
    give us Notice that you want to. You must do this within 30 days of when we tell you about the
    relevant price increase(s). If you don’t give us Notice within 30 days, you accept the new Charges
    and the Agreement will continue with the new Charges.

6.5 For Additional Services, we reserve the right to increase our Charges at any time and by any
    amount. We’ll post the new Charges on our Website. If, following an increase in the price(s) for an
    Additional Service, you don’t want to pay the new price then you can cancel that Additional
    Service (if relevant), or stop using it. For Additional Services with a recurring subscription we’ll let
    you know at least 30 days before the Charges are due to go up for that Additional Service.
    6.6 Paragraphs 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4 won’t apply where the increase or change is as a result of a
    requirement by a government or competent regulatory body. This includes any increase in the rate
    of VAT, the imposition of a new tax or the extension of an existing tax that has not previously
    applied.
    6.7 For any calculations under paragraph 6.3(b), if you have any goodwill or other credits which reduce
    your actual bill total you’ll need to look at the increase in your total bill without the credits applied.
  • Options
    clewsyclewsy Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's different to the one I have seen online.

What does this line mean though?

"Apart from for additional services"

Can Sky add additional services and then change more for them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's different to the one I have seen online.

What does this line mean though?

"Apart from for additional services"

Can Sky add additional services and then change more for them?

Sorry i didn't post that bit i now added the rest, that was the contract that was sent to me what i signed up for a another 12 months at £0 the offer i was given what i asked for my MAC code :)
    I Have the PDF :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well you can't argue if they are sending that out - other than that vague point on additional charges. Not that clear really and discounts can be removed at any time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well you can't argue if they are sending that out - other than that vague point on additional charges. Not that clear really and discounts can be removed at any time.

Looks like Discounts could be removed :confused: wonder how we stand after taking £0 for 12 months :confused:

6.7 For any calculations under paragraph 6.3(b), if you have any goodwill or other credits which reduce
    your actual bill total you’ll need to look at the increase in your total bill without the credits applied.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they can be removed at any time so the discounts are worthless. That is assuming that someone wants to remove these, would Sky do anything like this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they can be removed at any time so the discounts are worthless. That is assuming that someone wants to remove these, would Sky do anything like this?

If they do i can stop the DD and tell them to take me to court if they want too :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will do that - I get the impression they chase debts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they will change anything till contracts end as it would make us hate them and they want customers :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they care really as they will look to maximise revenue - not offer freebies
  • Options
    andys cornerandys corner Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan.w wrote: »
    I don't think they will change anything till contracts end as it would make us hate them and they want customers :)

My contract has ended 3 years ago so I may as well decide what I want to do on advance and be prepared to do it
  • Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=Ray266;64683184]I got a letter from o2 today I'll still be on the data base, They said they are going to focus on 4G and they went with Sky because of the customer service & Sky can offer fibre optic plus Sky is unlimited o2 will be touch with customers when the switch is going to take place.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I said in another post about them focusing on 4G. Not sure if it was on this thread or not. Good to see I was right.
  • Options
    andys cornerandys corner Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly what I said in another post about them focusing on 4G. Not sure if it was on this thread or not. Good to see I was right.

It's not a huge surprise they have said that, it won't go anywhere near the amount needed, or even make a significant dent in the cost of it. Baring in mind they said a while back that they spend in the region of 400 million on maintaining and updating 3G I think they have devalued their own statement
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I finally received that letter today, announcing the intention to sell the O2 Home Broadband business to Sky. I essentially
    skimmed through it, thinking "Yeah, yeah, now tell me something I don't know!". I've already got my MAC key anyway!
  • Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    It's not a huge surprise they have said that, it won't go anywhere near the amount needed, or even make a significant dent in the cost of it. Baring in mind they said a while back that they spend in the region of 400 million on maintaining and updating 3G I think they have devalued their own statement

I had no idea there was such a cost to it. That's quite shocking.
  • Options
    liamhereliamhere Posts: 2,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just got my new bill from O2.....£27.pp
    but last month they agreed it for the next 6 months @ £15.pp
    they are now going to listern to the call to see what was said as the half price is for new not old customers
    the thing is i said my bill had gone up and he just give me half price without me asking for it
    have to wait 5 days to see "what" is said on the tape.
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting thing this evening. My O2 connection has been demoted to ADSL and I'm only getting 7Mpbs rather than the usual 18Mbps on 2+. I suspect my Plusnet connection is about to go live :)
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edEx wrote: »
    Interesting thing this evening. My O2 connection has been demoted to ADSL and I'm only getting 7Mpbs rather than the usual 18Mbps on 2+. I suspect my Plusnet connection is about to go live :)

I'm noticing the same today. Can only get ADSL not ADSL 2+ so unsurprisingly the speed has dropped. Oh well only a few days left before I've switched over.
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    I'm noticing the same today. Can only get ADSL not ADSL 2+ so unsurprisingly the speed has dropped. Oh well only a few days left before I've switched over.
    My guess is they are doing you earlier than stated. My broadband switched to Plusnet about an hour after posting that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm semi regretting trying to move to BT - They keep screwing up my order. Is there any way to get through to BT's UK call centres? The Offshore guys don't have a clue - Had a call saying my BT broadband is faulty, - turned out they meant a problem with the order - they said the need to cancel it and have me place again, try and place again and I can't because I have an existing order in the system - and they have managed to delete my existing landline details from BT.com and the BT Vision part of the order!

Really wish VM had bothered to cable the whole street!
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm semi regretting trying to move to BT - They keep screwing up my order. Is there any way to get through to BT's UK call centres? The Offshore guys don't have a clue - Had a call saying my BT broadband is faulty, - turned out they meant a problem with the order - they said the need to cancel it and have me place again, try and place again and I can't because I have an existing order in the system - and they have managed to delete my existing landline details from BT.com and the BT Vision part of the order!

Really wish VM had bothered to cable the whole street!
    BT can be a right hassle to deal with. There are too many departments and inter-linked systems. Their customer facing website is slow to update, or cope with changes to orders. They eventually do sort everything out, but it can be quite a chore contacting them and getting to someone who knows what they're talking about. I also had to cancel an order and start from scratch. They're too big basically and customer service is nothing like Be/O2 Broadband.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the Offshore guys have managed to f**k things up! According to the the UK guy I finally got to speak they've managed to create 3 separate accounts and have made such a mess of the order! Problem is the department that needs to sort it has 500 in the queue!
  • Options
    Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    of course.
    you need a telephone line for DSL, it makes sense to bundle it together with broadband provider - 1 bill, 1 supplier.

This works for some people but its good to have the freedom of choice as some providers have better offers on the phone line packages than others but that company might not have the best broadband package.

I think all companies should offer standalone broadband even if it is more expensive than if you take other services.

I hate it when people assume that everyone wants all services from the same provider.