question about mkv 3d files

i have just brought a new 3d lg 42LM620T 3d tv and already own a ps3 and a mkv media player, so my question is what would give me the best quality 3d affects as ive read mixed reviews

ive ordered some blu ray 3d films but awaiting them to come but heard the mkv files can lose quality once they have been ripped and that a ps3 also is not the best source of a player :(
the tv also has built in media player which i think can play mkv files

any advice will be great

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could you post what you've heard about PS3 and where you heard it? Perhaps there'll be some explanation in that.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wouldn't that be mostly upto your TV model?

see the manual for it
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    JOHN_K wrote: »
    i have just brought a new 3d lg 42LM620T 3d tv and already own a ps3 and a mkv media player, so my question is what would give me the best quality 3d affects as ive read mixed reviews

ive ordered some blu ray 3d films but awaiting them to come but heard the mkv files can lose quality once they have been ripped and that a ps3 also is not the best source of a player :(
    the tv also has built in media player which i think can play mkv files

any advice will be great

The PS3 is good for Blu ray 3d films. Not sure about MKV 3d files, but I have a Samsung TV that I can play 3D MKV files from the USB port via USB memory stick or HD.

SBS files are as good as the encode and file size.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3D .mkvs play perfectly most of the time and the quality is usually excellent. Occasionally the player puts up a warning that the file may not play properly but it usually does. I've encountered a corrupt file which is a total dud but only one or twice.
    As long as your player is 3D enabled it should be fine.
  • cockneycockney Posts: 1,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a 55" version of the LM620T & it plays MKV files via USB no problem..