BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 54)

Comments

• Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fairground Attraction, an Eddi Reader fan ? :p

Nope. She gets Burns’ lyrics wrong. (According to Mr G)
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    your posts not showing ackers, bloody DS ! :mad::mad:

but anyway this is wot I was talking ............ Right Said Fred. Profile: English Pop band formed in 1989 by brothers Richard &
    Fred Fairbrass,:p:D

syl mate !
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    You reckon? :D

Cliff was robbed. :mad:
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    acker wrote: »
    Im truly truly sorry about this :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Bvd33V9dQ

They don't write them like that any more :D
    Forum Member

but anyway this is wot I was talking ............ Right Said Fred. Profile: English Pop band formed in 1989 by brothers Richard &

syl mate !

It is now :o.....laters sleeps:)
    Forum Member
    knock knock..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    knock knock..

Who's there - and make it a good one :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fairground Attraction, an Eddi Reader fan ? :p

no, fairground massini :D there must be a minella fairground, there'a a minella everything else. i just checked, there's 92 minellas :eek:
    Forum Member
    Who's there - and make it a good one :D

Barney :D....listen to this..

" acker is a fantastic guitar player and now were going to do some sounds "

* takes gun from Barneys head *....laters :)
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    doodle doo wrote: »
    my little display is starting to feel pathetic :-D that's good to know though, i might buy another set for somewhere else so i can feel like i'm living in a fairground!
    I got some sets from B&Q, coloured LEDs and you just plug the next set in, i have them around the gutter in the front and along the side of the house.
    They have been up since Christmas, you just leave them up.
    knock knock..
    I've got 2 door bell pushes and you knock on the door, i give up.:-))))))))))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barney :D....listen to this..

" acker is a fantastic guitar player and now were going to do some sounds "

* takes gun from Barneys head *....laters :)

:D:D:D enjoy yourselves :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    I got some sets from B&Q, coloured LEDs and you just plug the next set in, i have them around the gutter in the front and along the side of the house.
    They have been up since Christmas, you just leave them up.

they sound great. mine were originally put up above my desk for christmas as well and i just left them up for [quick calculation] almost a decade before they finally gave up.

not sure how long these one will last in comparison. the blue and green are much brighter than the red and yellow so the light is quite cold. i might get some red and yellow only ones which i think they had as well, to balance it out.
    Forum Member
    they sound great. mine were originally put up above my desk for christmas as well and i just left them up for [quick calculation] almost a decade before they finally gave up.

not sure how long these one will last in comparison. the blue and green are much brighter than the red and yellow so the light is quite cold. i might get some red and yellow only ones which i think they had as well, to balance it out.
    The coloured sets are ok for effect, it you want to use them for lighting then, white green or yellow would give most light, red and blue don't really give out any useful light.
    True LED light is white, other colours are fake.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Anoraks...:p
    The funny thing is, i remember stuff from fifty years ago but i put the dinner on, go sit down, smell burning, and think to myself "what on earth can that smell be - I dont have anything on the stove"
    my little display is starting to feel pathetic :D that's good to know though, i might buy another set for somewhere else so i can feel like i'm living in a fairground!
    You can sometimes get actual waltzers on ebay. :cool:
    Im truly truly sorry about this :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Bvd33V9dQ
    The B side is better. Winkle picker shoes blues.:)
    What happened to my post :confused:
    Oh no not again?
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    Nope. She gets Burns’ lyrics wrong. (According to Mr G)
    How would anyone know? Her diction isn't all it should be sometimes.

syl mate !
    Best pop group ever.
    Forum Member
    The coloured sets are ok for effect, it you want to use them for lighting then, white green or yellow would give most light, red and blue don't really give out any useful light.

Well why do they call them LED lights then?:confused:
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member

This is our tree on the balcony.It comes on automatically when it gets dark ~

http://www.ledlightdepot.co.uk/280-469-thickbox/white-led-tree-648-leds.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

the yellow ones are the dimmest on these. i didn't want clear white because it's too bright and stark. i wanted different colour light, but just enough. so the answer is to get an extra yellow set of plain bulbs i think, then there'll be enough light but it won't be so blue.
    The funny thing is, i remember stuff from fifty years ago but i put the dinner on, go sit down, smell burning, and think to myself "what on earth can that smell be - I dont have anything on the stove"

You can sometimes get actual waltzers on ebay. :cool:

The B side is better. Winkle picker shoes blues.:)

Oh no not again?

How would anyone know? Her diction isn't all it should be sometimes.

Best pop group ever.

ha ha, i don't think it'll fit in here. although if i had enough room someday i'd quite like a walzer chair :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well why do they call them LED lights then?:confused:

they still are but i think the cover is coloured plastic which makes them a different colour.
    Artemesia wrote: »

that looks great :) i bet it's really peaceful actually. it is when they do that in pub gardens. i did see you could get light sensitive ones, but i want mine to be on half way through the afternoon :D
    Forum Member
    the yellow ones are the dimmest on these. i didn't want clear white because it's too bright and stark. i wanted different colour light, but just enough. so the answer is to get an extra yellow set of plain bulbs i think, then there'll be enough light but it won't be so blue.

ha ha, i don't think it'll fir in here. although if i had enough room someday i'd quite like a walzer chair :D
    Wouldnt it be great?:D And a couple of roundabout horses for the breakfast bar (i dont even have a breakfast bar )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldnt it be great?:D And a couple of roundabout horses for the breakfast bar (i dont even have a breakfast bar )

and those big wheel swinging jobbies with the bar across for a sofa, and a paratrooper armchair with a massive metal umbrella over the top and sick underneath. bob's your authentic fairground three piece suite tadaa!
    Forum Member
    Well why do they call them LED lights then?:-confused:
    Light Emitting Diodes.

Artemesia wrote: »

I've got one of those LED tree's on my decking, still there from Christmas, needed it outside in the front but think it would have got pinched.
    It hasn't been lit for 4 months.:-))))))))

ha ha, i don't think it'll fit in here. although if i had enough room someday i'd quite like a walzer chair :-D
    The white is very bright, like the blue, outstanding but hard to keep looking at.
    There isn't a real white LED, white is produced by the material that makes the yellow and blue.
    they still are but i think the cover is coloured plastic which makes them a different colour.

that looks great :-) i bet it's really peaceful actually. it is when they do that in pub gardens. i did see you could get light sensitive ones, but i want mine to be on half way through the afternoon :-D
    The LEDs don't have coloured lenses as the light wouldn't show through, it's the electronics, the material used that produces the colour.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light-emitting_diode
    Forum Member
    and those big wheel swinging jobbies with the bar across for a sofa, and a paratrooper armchair with a massive metal umbrella over the top and sick underneath. bob's your authentic fairground three piece suite tadaa!

And dodgems for garden chairs. :D

I was going to watch a film about Siamese twins with Matt Damon and Greg Kinnear. Its two minutes in and not only are they non identical they are nothing like each other. :confused: Are there no twins who can act?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Light Emitting Diodes.

I've got one of those LED tree's on my decking, still there from Christmas, needed it outside in the front but think it would have got pinched.
    It hasn't been lit for 4 months.:-))))))))

The white is very bright, like the blue, outstanding but hard to keep looking at.
    There isn't a real white LED, white is produced by the material that makes the yellow and blue.

The LEDs don't have coloured lenses as the light wouldn't show through, it's the electronics, the material used that produces the colour.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light-emitting_diode

*squints* hmm.. bit more complicated than i thought. so the colour 'is determined by the energy band gap of the semiconductor'. is it similar to the split of a rainbow which works on refraction. like a falsely created refraction?

my pop was an elctrical design engineer and all the LEDs he had on his little bench at home were red. i should understand this lark. so anyway, by that reckoning, if i took the little chickpea sized balls off my lights (they're stuck) they'd all be clear?
    Forum Member
    *squints* hmm.. bit more complicated than i thought. so the colour 'is determined by the energy band gap of the semiconductor'. is it similar to the split of a rainbow which works on refraction. like a falsely created refraction?

my pop was an elctrical design engineer and all the LEDs he had on his little bench at home were red. i should understand this lark. so anyway, by that reckoning, if i took the little chickpea sized balls off my lights (they're stuck) they'd all be clear?
    It's taken a long time to get to where we are now with the LEDs, the life of them is incredible but probably controlled by the environment and quality of manufacture, with them not having filaments that deteriorate like a fuse does.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's taken a long time to get to where we are now with the LEDs, the life of them is incredible but probably controlled by the environment and quality of manufacture, with them not having filaments that deteriorate like a fuse does.

by the environment... not long in my place then :( i didn't buy the cheapest ones though, so there's some hope.

i've not given up on the how exactly are they different colours thing. i will find out, and translate into plain english. but it might be a while..

i'm going to turn this off now and sit in, well, blueish light :cool: and then go to sleep.

nighty night all x :)
This discussion has been closed.