Feels like Emma has always been the main host

big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
Forum Member
It just struck me after watching the eviction on catch up how natural Emma is in the central role. I completely forgot that Brian was host just last year, imo she has done a great job and made him merely a distant memory. It never really seemed right with Brian, and the change has imo been a factor in making this series the best on c5 yet. Thoughts?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    She's doing an amazing job! I'm really loving her as the main host.
  • HosaiHosai Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I am a fan. She does a great job.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would have preferred things to have remained the same.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Emma's a natural - plus we still get her a couple of nights a week on BOTS :)
  • JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    She is very natural and so much more relaxed than the 'oohh matron' fella.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    She's quality!
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok host , can't give a balanced interview for toffee and should be removed from bots
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    I would have preferred things to have remained the same.

Thanks for the responses. May I ask why? I'm not a Brian hater but imo Emma is far superior.

To me the only downside to her being main host is that it renders BBOTS unwatchable for me most of the week.
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last night it hit home just how well she's doing as the main show host :)
    The Dowling years will soon be long forgotten.

Next step in the BB rejuvenation .. Iain Lee to run BOTS with a decent female co-host. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last night it hit home just how well she's doing as the main show host :)
    This^^^
    The Dowling years will soon be long forgotten.
    Who?
  • wendy13wendy13 Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    It just struck me after watching the eviction on catch up how natural Emma is in the central role. I completely forgot that Brian was host just last year, imo she has done a great job and made him merely a distant memory. It never really seemed right with Brian, and the change has imo been a factor in making this series the best on c5 yet. Thoughts?

and yet you have remembered brian .. funny that.

tbh both are a bit up themselves and can read an autocue .. nothing special
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Ok host , can't give a balanced interview for toffee and should be removed from bots

You he-male Bitch!!
  • SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Emma is doing an amazing job so far.

She is a natural to the show and feels like we have the early days Davina style of hosting back.

Eviction nights are much more relaxed now and I think some of that is because of the departure of Jamie Sutcliffe so its not Emma alone thats improved eviction nights but she is the lead in what seems like a really well put together team.

When I think back to Brians hosting and compare the 2 styles I see how awful Brian was at hosting with his repeated annoying phrases and camped up entrance.

The interviews are getting there,they still need a bit of tweeking but 100% better than Brians same old questions over and over.

I struggle to find much wrong with Emma..I would love BOTS to be a 3 days a week show though instead of 7 days,and Emma just host one of those 3 shows..less can often mean better quality.
  • ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    I forgot about Boring Brian. :o
  • Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's better than Brian but she's no Davina.
  • theiatheia Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like her as main presenter, she's a natural
  • benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    got to hand it to Emma she's brilliant way better than Brian could ever dream of
  • radiofreeradiofree Posts: 7,316
    Forum Member
    SG-1 wrote: »
    I think Emma is doing an amazing job so far.

She is a natural to the show and feels like we have the early days Davina style of hosting back.

Eviction nights are much more relaxed now and I think some of that is because of the departure of Jamie Sutcliffe so its not Emma alone thats improved eviction nights but she is the lead in what seems like a really well put together team.

When I think back to Brians hosting and compare the 2 styles I see how awful Brian was at hosting with his repeated annoying phrases and camped up entrance.

The interviews are getting there,they still need a bit of tweeking but 100% better than Brians same old questions over and over.

I struggle to find much wrong with Emma..I would love BOTS to be a 3 days a week show though instead of 7 days,and Emma just host one of those 3 shows..less can often mean better quality.

i agree with every word.
  • benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    also Emma does not say don't vote on +1 or on demand because YOU'RE TOO LATE :mad: every 5 seconds
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    She is fine. I seem to remember a lot of moaning about Davina which was very similar in tone and content to that now being said of Emma.

However am I the only perosn who still half expects Emma to say "Big Brother house this is Davina" and still jolt with slight surprise when she says Emma instead.:o