Options

[US] Survivor 28: Cagayan - Brains vs Brawns vs Beauty

FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Full cast leaked:
http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/sreply/10159626/Season-28-News-and-Info#.Ut_vNfvLfIU

So excited for this! Wow @ there being 4 African-American contestants and 1 Asian-American contestant. That's the most diverse cast they've ever had, right? (excluding Fiji & Cook Islands)

Comments

• Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Is it bad that I struggled to pick out the Beauties?

Appreciation for there being someone calls Woo though.

Clearly none of these will be the complete package like Crystal Cox - "I'm bringing the four B's - brains, beauty, blazing speed and brawn".
  • Options
    Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    Oh I like the look on some of them. Glad its all newbies for a change, returning players get boring.

Everyone expects the beauty tribe to fail but I hope they prove people wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meet The Castaway Videos are on Youtube now:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivorOnCBS?feature=watch
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beauty Tribe (a.k.a. Solana)

Alexis Maxwell
    Addison, Ill.
    Student

Brice Johnston
    Philadelphia, Penn.
    Social Worker

Jefra Bland
    Campbellsville, KY.
    Miss Kentucky Teen USA

Jeremiah Wood

Dobson, N.C.
    Male Model

LJ McKanas

Boston, Mass.
    Horse Trainer

Morgan McLeod
    San Jose, Calif.
    Ex-NFL Cheerleader

Brains Tribe (a.k.a. Luzon)

David Samson
    Plantation, Fla.
    President, Miami Marlins

Garrett Adelstein
    Santa Monica, Calif.
    Pro Poker Player

J’Tia Taylor
    Chicago, Ill.
    Nuclear Engineer

Kassandra “Kass” McQuillen
    Tehachapi, Calif.
    Attorney

Latasha “Tasha” Fox
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Accountant/Ex-NFL Cheerleader

Spencer Bledsoe

Chicago, Ill.
    Student

Brawn Tribe (a.k.a. Aparri)

Cliff Robinson

Newark, N.J.
    Former NBA All-Star

Lindsey Ogle
    Kokomo, Ind.
    Hairstylist

Sarah Lacina
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Police Officer

Tony Vlachos
    Jersey City, N.J.
    Police Officer

Trish Hegarty

Needham, Mass.
    Pilates Instructor

Yung “Woo” Hwang

Newport Beach, Calif.
    Martial Arts Instructor
  • Options
    RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very diverse cast. I get a Gabon vibe from them! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Redmond wrote: »

Some reason I am getting One World vibes about them, but that might be down to the fact the women look a lot more interesting than the men that I am hoping for a girls alliance again.
  • Options
    ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it me, or is the 'Beauty' tribe, like, the ugliest tribe this season, and one of the ugliest ever? There are people on the brains (Garrett, J'Tia, maybe even Spencer) and brawn (Woo) that are better looking than the beauty tribemates.The only beauty on the beauty tribe is Morgan (she's stunning imo).

That said, it does seem the majority of them could probably be on one, if not both, other tribe/s, understandably. I get they need to even the playing field, but it kind of defeats the object when some of the brawns are brainy (and hot), and some of the brains are brawny (and hot), and then some of the beauties are brainy and/or brawny (if not beautiful).

I will say I am looking forward to a season of all newbs (even though the last ones, Nicaragua and One World, were both truly atrocious (save for Kim Spradlin being amazing)).Hopefully this will follow the run of good seasons since Philippines :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I actually thought Woo was on the beauty tribe, but then I thought oh wait he might be on the brain tribe. But he's actually on the brawns. lol

I feel like, to avoid the debates of whether they are actually beautiful or not, shouldn't the beauties be defined by their looks somehow? We've got a beauty queen and a male model (fair enough) but then we've got a social worker and a horse trainer?
    Being on the beauties tribe for no actual specific reason other than thinking they're hot makes them look a bit conceited.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Redmond wrote: »

So you are saying they are a tribe full of misfits then. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now on CBS site too
    http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/KEs3uu4WLT_DtfruIRHpGv17hbEEM9ah/survivor-cagayan-meet-the-castaways/

The video clips work for me using Chrome and the Hola unblocker.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very surprised by the beauty tribe. Morgan is a cutie - but the others? Ah well - it's the producers decision I suppose, not their own. I think at least one of the African American women could have been put on the Beauty tribe - probably J'tia or whatever her name is. I can see some people objecting to the fact that all the women on the Beauty tribe are white. There again, I guess most people would want to be on the Brains tribe, so we'll see. No real stand-outs for me so far, though the Asian-American guy looks interesting and could have fitted into any category and the one called Garrett looks interesting too. So far, none of the women really appeal - will have to watch their VTs.
  • Options
    onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    Looks like a fairly decent cast, however the way things are grouped up in types is very shaky.

The brains group i can believe i suppose, it's more difficult to determine brains on looks after all... but the beauty/brawn isn't working for me.

Yung Huang should be on beauty no? Instead of the guy in purple.

And the girl in the black, girl in stripes don't represent "brawn" very well to me. Also the guy with the tattoos is a wannabe brawn at best but i doubt he's actually brawn. Probably will suck in the challenges if anything.

I don't know, i would've grouped it different... i think the cast works better outside of the group types. Like they picked the cast, then forced them into the group types rather than picking a group based on that.
  • Options
    bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,707
    Forum Member
    When does it start? Is it this week?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When does it start? Is it this week?

26th of February
  • Options
    RixionRixion Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starts tonight!
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smartie 33 wrote: »
    Very surprised by the beauty tribe. Morgan is a cutie - but the others? Ah well - it's the producers decision I suppose, not their own.

I think a more honest name would have been say Nerds, Jocks & the Plastics. I'd expect the "beauties" to be all social game skills, the popular crowd as it were rather than actually it just be about their looks. A play on the classic American school rivalries
  • Options
    ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^ Survivor meets Mean Girls :D:D:D

Now that I would watch. It'd be so brutal and fun :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any streams?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am going to be the first to say it. BEST SEASON EVER.

Wow just wow, I love the cluster **** that is the brains tribe. They are all really great complex interesting characters. This is why we should always go with all newbies, the returnees would have prevented this from happening in a second.

My early favourites have to be LJ, Sarah, Tasha, Brice and Morgan.
  • Options
    The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    One of the best first episodes ever.

And even when watching the second tribal council i never once thought it would end the way i hoped.

I guess i was blindsided also.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    How the hell is J'Tia still there? :D

I love how such an odd four are left on that tribe. I was expecting the brains tribe to be much duller than they actually are. What a strange season so far, but first impressions are really good. Two blindsides in the first two episodes, can't really ask for more. And the cast are really dysfunctional and entertaining. I've already LOL'd more than once and that hardly ever happens on Survivor.

Favourites so far: Tasha, J'Tia, Morgan, Bryce, Trish
  • Options
    KingOliKingOli Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting first episode, though as someone who was going to root for the brains tribe I'm little disappointed and embarrassed with them so far. Considering the slightly feeble four they have left might end up with a situation like Philipines where Malcolm and Denise's tribe got decimated and had to be split amongst other 2.

Liking Sarah so far, also finding the beauty tribe less obnoxious than I thought I would.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was a great first episode, I guess it pays to set your expectations low. The editing was pretty flawless, whenever I saw someone and thought 'who is that?' they would then have a confessional and I'd have a better understanding of them.

Never thought the brains would be the clusterf*ck tribe.
    Both boots were so unexpected and got rid of my least favourites from the tribe, so it made it even sweeter.
    I can see myself not liking Tony, plus Alexis and Jefra seem pretty vapid.
    I wasn't that keen on Morgan until she pretended she had got the tribe some supplies instead of looking for the idol. Deliciously crafty. Hope she and Brice can go far.

This episode left me genuinely excited over who's going to be eliminated next. Even if the brains lose again I don't think things are going to be straight-forward.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a little worried when the episode started with like ten minutes of idol hunting but by the end I think it was one of the best premiere episodes ever.

I think I was right with my pre-season Gabon vibes. A lot of volatile characters, mainly on the Brains tribe, who are a cluster**** of personalities, but very entertaining. Some good characters with potential on the other tribes too. On the Brawn tribe Sarah and Cliff seem very likable, Tony could be a good villain. The Beauty tribe, probably my favourite so far (didn't expect that), I bet LJ will be a big fan favourite, and I think the partnership of Brice and Morgan could be entertaining (I was impressed with Morgan claiming she chose the rice/machete, that was some quick thinking on her feet).

Hope the rest of the season lives up to this episode.