Options

Sky sports

anthpiefaceanthpieface Posts: 956
Forum Member
✭✭
All the Sky sports and Sky sport HD channels are free this Saturday (16th August) from 6am until 6am Sunday morning to all Virgin TV subscribers.

Comments

• Options
    tel1975tel1975 Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    I think it's disgusting Sky still want to charge people EXTRA for HD these days. All other commercial stations including BT Sport don't charge extra for HD, and HD has been about for years now. I won't pay it.

So we get a whole day of Sky Sports HD for free! Us standard definition viewers are soooo grateful >:(
  • Options
    ozsatozsat Posts: 5,744
    Forum Member
    BT charge £3pm extra for their HD channels.
    tel1975 wrote: »
    I think it's disgusting Sky still want to charge people EXTRA for HD these days. All other commercial stations including BT Sport don't charge extra for HD, and HD has been about for years now. I won't pay it.

So we get a whole day of Sky Sports HD for free! Us standard definition viewers are soooo grateful >:(
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ozsat wrote: »
    BT charge £3pm extra for their HD channels.

Of course the £3 is optional.I declined to pay the extra £3 so I only receive BT Sports in SD on my Sky Hd box,I am a BT Fibre/phone line customer only with a Sky set up
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course the £3 is optional.I declined to pay the extra £3 so I only receive BT Sports in SD on my Sky Hd box,I am a BT Fibre/phone line customer only with a Sky set up

But the HD fee for the Sky channels is optional too...
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ocav wrote: »
    But the HD fee for the Sky channels is optional too...

I didn't say it wasn't , did I ?

Last season Bt gave their customers the HD at no extra charge,this season they don't,you only get the free SD option but you have the option of paying the extra £3
  • Options
    Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you see the difference in picture quality it is great but I think £7 extra is too much I remember if you had sky you had to pay a fee for HD and that included every channel you subscribed to. I agree though it should be at no extra cost if you subscribe to sky sports
  • Options
    tel1975tel1975 Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    I didn't say it wasn't , did I ?

Last season Bt gave their customers the HD at no extra charge,this season they don't,you only get the free SD option but you have the option of paying the extra £3

I still have the BT channels in HD, but do not pay an extra fee for them. This was also the same for ESPN and Setanta before them.

As I said, I think its a con Sky charge extra for HD, (and they seem to charge people different amounts judging by this thread), especially as HD has been about for many years now. They can't tell us they haven't recoup-orated their money by now, investing in their HD technology.
  • Options
    TV DUNIYATV DUNIYA Posts: 6,772
    Forum Member
    Did anyone experience technical problems with the Sky Sports channels,in particular Sky Sports 1,during this freeview period?
    As I experienced freezing of the channel,with the error message of "This smartcard is invalid",during the Kell Brook fight,well before the actual main fight was due to start.
    Despite the fact that the freeview was due to end some hours later at 6am on Sunday.
    I was informed by others that they experienced the same on the Sky platform.
  • Options
    Philip NixonPhilip Nixon Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV DUNIYA wrote: »
    Did anyone experience technical problems with the Sky Sports channels,in particular Sky Sports 1,during this freeview period?
    As I experienced freezing of the channel,with the error message of "This smartcard is invalid",during the Kell Brook fight,well before the actual main fight was due to start.
    Despite the fact that the freeview was due to end some hours later at 6am on Sunday.

There was no problem with Kell Brook fight I watched the whole thing, it must have been a problem at your end, sounds like your card.
  • Options
    stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    TV DUNIYA wrote: »

usually turn off box, take out card. give it a wipe. (removes static). re-insert and reboot.
    There was no problem with Kell Brook fight I watched the whole thing, it must have been a problem at your end, sounds like your card.

agreed.