Options

Jailbreak..?

Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
Forum Member
S whats the deal with this, Could it possably brick the Touch? or apple could release something that could brick it?

or is it totally safe and something i should look into when i get my touch?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam D wrote: »
    S whats the deal with this, Could it possably brick the Touch? or apple could release something that could brick it?

It's not official, Apple don't consider it when doing any updates and as such could potentially screw things up.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adam D wrote: »

I've jailbroken mine, and from what I've read it can't really be bricked as iTunes has the ability to restore it to factory condition unlike the iPhone.

As for apple bricking it, either don't update it or restore it before you do.
  • Options
    andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
    for the easiest method just have a look at touchfree install it and its all very straight forward and easy popup boxes on screen telling you what to do takes 15 - 20 mins max to do

if u need help doin it PM me and I'll do my best to answer any questions you cant really discuss on here
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reckon the easiest method would be to use jailbreakme.com - which does it all from the comfort of the Touch, no need to have it connected to the PC, just wi-fi and you're away.

Impressively, it also fixes the Safari exploit it uses.

Source: http://www.tuaw.com/2007/10/29/instant-jailbreak-for-iphone-and-ipod-touch/
  • Options
    andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
    I compared the jailbreakme site to the touchfree method and found with the jailbreakme you dont get full access to everything when u access ipod via ftp to install iphone apps