Options

In your Sky Magazine

chandleochandleo Posts: 614
Forum Member
✭✭
I keep seeing all the adverts ending in 'In Your Sky Magazine', I've had Sky+ for the past three months and never received this, am I missing something or is it something you have to pay for nowadays? (not that I would!)

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chandleo wrote:
    I keep seeing all the adverts ending in 'In Your Sky Magazine', I've had Sky+ for the past three months and never received this, am I missing something or is it something you have to pay for nowadays? (not that I would!)
    The Sky Magazine is sent to most subscribers, but it depends on your channel package. Personally, I wouldn't miss it if I never received it again. If you are really concerned, contact Sky and ask why you don't receive it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never had it. I ordered Sky+ with Sky World last November via Sky.com and never got one. I think because you ordered via Sky.com then they know you have web access, and can get information of Sky.com so you are not on the List for the mag. It appears most of my friends who have signed up for Sky years ago are getting the Mag. One phone call should sign you up if you really want a copy.
  • Options
    daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just out of intrest why have you Cancelled Sky HD?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,815
    Forum Member
    I'm only on the minimum 2 package thingy, and I get it. :confused: All seems to be mostly about movies and sports, which I obviously don't receive on my sub, so I just have a quick glance through then bin it.
  • Options
    rjmachinrjmachin Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the magazine each month (on Sky Movies World), and i find it very useful. I get to keep track of all the movie premiers and what Sky choose as their favourite pickings for each day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I get the Sky magazine every month and it goes straight in the bin. Half of it is made up of very poorly detailed listings and the other half is one huge advert for Sky. An equivalent mag to this in the shops would cost about £1 and even though it might be touted as being free, we the subscribers pay for it of course. I would rather Sky NOT send me the magazine and reduce my sub by a £1. It is of absolutely no use to me at all.
  • Options
    MadMullaMadMulla Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've always had the magazine, though not anymore as we no longer subscribe, but to us like the vast majority of people the mag is a waste of resources, it's utter crap, it's useless, it goes straight in the bin after having a laugh at the 'customers' letters page, it's so obvious that no customer has written in, they are just people at the magazine making them up.

The magazine serves no purpose other than bedding for animals, Sky should scrap the waste of paper and reduce the subs.
  • Options
    poppasmurfpoppasmurf Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tonybowen wrote:
    I would rather Sky NOT send me the magazine and reduce my sub by a £1. It is of absolutely no use to me at all.

Agree 101%. Mine goes in the bin as soon as it arrives, which is what most of the people I know say they also do with it. Won't cancel it though unless $ky drop my sub.
  • Options
    MadMullaMadMulla Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppasmurf wrote:
    Agree 101%. Mine goes in the bin as soon as it arrives, which is what most of the people I know say they also do with it. Won't cancel it though unless $ky drop my sub.

Same reason here, I would have cancelled the magazine, but as Sky wouldn't reduce my subscription by the cost of publishing and sending out the magazine, then I thought well I might as well keep receiving it, even if it goes in the bin. (Well through the shredder and then bagged up for bedding).

We are meant to be in a digital age, there is no need for the heap of crap they call a magazine to be issued, it serves no useful service, plus surely they could put the info in the mag on a website or on the digital TV. Though maybe Sky send the mag out because they can sell adverts/junk mail and they can say they have so many million customers that will see the junk.
  • Options
    daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read my Mag when the Postman drops it on my Doormat to see if there are any good Simpsons episodes on.