Erin

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her hair is lovely, the lighter colour suits her so much better. It really softens her features.

As for her teeth, I think she has had veneers as the shape is slightly changed. But so what!

She's clearly wanting to move away from the 'Miss Whiplash' persona that Arlene created for her a few series' ago. And I quite agree!
  • ormsterormster Posts: 409
    Forum Member
    Nothing could be further away from Erin's characters! You clearly don't know her at all! She's so sweet, charming and gentle. I like her lots, thought she was fabulous on Saturday.

Couldnt agree more, she is a wonderful person and fabulous at what she does, her result show this. All of Erin's partners have adored her, perhaps thats why they are all going to her wedding in June and maybe thats why she has had her teeth done. They are hers to do what she wants with. She looks stunning as always.
  • qwertyqueenqwertyqueen Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing could be further away from Erin's characters! You clearly don't know her at all! She's so sweet, charming and gentle. I like her lots, thought she was fabulous on Saturday.

Of course I don't know her! I haven't disliked her since then, but Colin and Erin were both obnoxiously competitive that year. I remember that she made a few catty remarks about Zoe and Patsy. I do think that she looks well in the video I posted.
    Forum Member
    Of course I don't know her! I haven't disliked her since then, but Colin and Erin were both obnoxiously competitive that year. I remember that she made a few catty remarks about Zoe and Patsy. I do think that she looks well in the video I posted.

Erin and Colin obnoxious, think i must have been watching something else.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Erin is one of the nicest people you could ever meet!!

you CLEARLY dont know her if you're calling her obnoxious and full of her self!
    The first time I met her she came over and introduced her self to me and said 'hello, my name is erin boag'
    ...this is after she danced with colin.
    A person full of herself wouldnt have introduced themselves like that!!!
    and she still does it now! after three years of knowing her she still has the same introduction when she meets everyone for the first time!

and as for a face lift and boob job!!! i know she'll be finding this hilarious if she heard about it! geeeze!!
    Id love to know when you think she would have had time to do this considering her and Anton have shows every week!!!!
  • CaptainSensibleCaptainSensible Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    ITT should have a competition/auction where a casual dinner date with Erin is the prize, although I'd probably bankrupt myself trying to win.

Her students that post here are very lucky (it's not that I can't/couldn't dance; I just live in the wrong place).

(I would have several thousands pounds worth of orthodontics and veneers etc. if I could afford it; I hate having a non-smile)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erin is a lovely, warm person, with a great sense of humour. People are posting now about how she was with Colin, yes she was competitive they showed all the right breakdowns of clips to put her into the miss whiplash scenario. She did fantastic with him though.

She is very warm and genuine, i had met her quite a few times, then i went to the dance studio with a friend, and was sat hiding in the corner of the backroom, Erin came through and was like what are you doing down there hiding? She knew my name, and was lovely, i then went to a class night (im not fortunate enough to go to her class living up north), but she immediately realised that out of the group i was struggling and did so much to boost my confidence ensuring i knew the steps and making sure i was with partners who could lead if she didnt dance with me herself! She seems to know how to get the best out of everyone.

Face lift, boob job - no way. She has lightened her hair and teeth!!!! Good way for people to debate though haha, caused people to talk about her like never before on these threads, and finally people are warming to a fantastic professional, amazing teacher and really nice person. Glad shes done it!!!!!!
  • Yasmin26Yasmin26 Posts: 3,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Erin and Colin together.
  • nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erin's always been one of my favourite lady pros, and I don't care what or where she's had done to herself:D...but I think she looked beautiful and I also can't wait to see her and Anton in their show next year.

Her hair looked lovely, the colour suited her. Much softer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    I think Erin looks amazing! Anyone who has any work done to their teeth usually stand out for a while because they are quite a distinguished feature. Her hair certainly softens her looks and she looks great.

I have never had the pleasure of meeting Erin but a few of my friends have and they could not speak highly enough of her...she always comes across as very genuine.

Congratulations to Erin also, I didn't know she was due to get married:D

On a dancing note, although her speciality is Ballroom, I feel like Anton she struggles slightly with the latin (with the exception of her Rumba with Colin) in comparison to the other professionals.

Also, I don't know if anyone has noticed this, I have picked this up on a few occasions whilst reading several threads...a lot of people who are huge Erin fans seem to equally like Camilla and vice versa? or is that just me that has picked up on that:p
    Forum Member
    Maybe... to me anyway, Erin & Camilla have the most personality and are the dancers I would most like to meet... Camilla just seems to be some kind of perpetual dynamo; she's just so full of energy and life. Erin is less vivacious, but she makes up for that with her grounded/sophisticated outlook. Without meaning to upset anyone, I find Lilia somewhat naive/immature and Karen somewhat dull in comparison (although they are obviously nice people... just not my kind of people). The other dancers are just a bit reserved/private (esp. Ola) and I just don't know enough about them.

I adore them both, as you might have already guessed...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    I won't divert too much from the topic of this thread...but in contrast to your point Captain Lilia is my absolute favourite and that would be seconds by Karen:D

It's funny how we can all be drawn towards different people, pro's etc:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member

All I remember was that she commented that 10's were for perfection and that Zoe's dance although good wasn't perfect, not catty in the slightest. That was the year that the judges fawned over Zoe just as they did with Emma Bunton & it did neither of them any good. It must have been frustrating for the rest of the contestants & I thought Erin on the whole was very dignified

I found Erin refreshingly honest about wanting to win, which was for Colin because he was the best dancer who worked the hardest that year-imo.

Erin for me strikes the right note between the coldness of Camilla and the overexuberant childishness of Karen.
    Forum Member
    Absolutely correct. Thankyou
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    Ahhhh i abs LOVE Erin aka Miss Wiplash! :D
    I think she abs stunning!!! And the best pro dancer!!! :D
    I think she has had her teeth done, and her hair too! :D

I think Erin deserves a decent partner aswell, After Willie Thorn! Bless her! :D

Erin and Austin to win! :D Love Erin! ha ha
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lauraxx wrote: »
    She's had a lot of work done...has she had a boob job too?

She certainly looks very different. I liked her as she was.
  • crazybabecrazybabe Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    Porcupine wrote: »
    When i initially saw her in the run up show I immediately thought she had had a face lift. She looks completely different, and thats not down to just hair and teeth.

Now im not saying its necessarily a face lift, but maybe a chemical peel or something. She defiately looks younger, and i doubt its down to cleverly applied makeup.

I agree she looks totally different - I reckon she has had a bit of botox, along with the teeth and hair change!! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is going to be Erin year. I can't see anyone beating Austin, he’s great dancer with good sense of humor, women will love him.
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,129
    Forum Member
    Yasmin26 wrote: »
    I think this is going to be Erin year. I can't see anyone beating Austin, he’s great dancer with good sense of humor, women will love him.
    I hope so, she really deserves a glitterball, and it would be a nice wedding present. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Laura* wrote: »
    I hope so, she really deserves a glitterball, and it would be a nice wedding present. :)

I agree. Erin is great, I still think her and Colin were robbed.
  • RoxysirenRoxysiren Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    I would say more than just veneers, it looks like a she has had them all crowned, they are a totally different shape now and much larger. They used to be angled inwards before and now they are straight down. You can see when she speaks she is working hard to cover them with her mouth. Bigger teeth can fill out the face more so perhaps that is why people think she has had a face lift.

Check out an older picture of her and it will be obvious.

Nothing wrong with having dental work done if it makes you more confident.

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed it straight away when she came on the screen,
    I think shes prob had a face lift or chemical peel nd had her teeth done,
    She looks great doh and the hair really suits her! Id love to get my teeth done so fair play to it

Im PRETTY sure that shes gonna win this year after seein saturday or definately be n the final!! Her partners a lash...beautiful!
    Forum Member
    It is also possible that the veneers might be temporary ones that people have to wear for a while before the long-term ones are fitted, hence their somewhat unnatural looking whiteness/obviousness.

As to why she's done it... well, lovely though she was, her teeth & smile were not perfect and having great teeth is essential for ballroom dancers because of those odd grimaces they have to do during Waltzes etc... I say lucky her; I would get my teeth sorted if I could afford it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed immediately that Erin had had veneers because her teeth look slightly longer and whiter, but I think it improves her profile enormously as she (to me) always had a slightly concave profile before and the new teeth have filled her face out a bit. I don't think she has had a surgical facelift, but rather what is sometimes referred to as a 'dental facelift' as the teeth can have such an impact on the lines of the face. I've never been a particular fan but I think she seems like a nice person and obviously a wonderful dancer (though how she's put up with Anton this long god only knows.... ;)) I think Erin looks better this year than she's ever looked. So what if she's had some work done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .. I say lucky her; I would get my teeth sorted if I could afford it.

I agree! My teeth are 'ok' but if I could afford really expensive veneers I would go for them.