Praise for Stuart's German efforts

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,936
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
He handled the basics rather well.

Joanna went for the old school speak to them as if they are deaf stupid formula.

Stuart's efforts won the task I think in helping towards sales

Comments

• paulsmithfanpaulsmithfan Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Yeah but he is a prize nob.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they both did well.

Joanna was very personable, charming even, and Stuart made an attempt to speak to the Germans in their native language.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is an irritating knob, but at times for a 21 year old he shows a fair amount of flair and hindsight.
  • Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went off on one last week about how much of a useless arsehole I thought he was. This week I am very well prepared to eat my words, well, on the useless bit. I was very impressed at how he attempted (even though some of it was dodgy) to speak German and how calm he was. He even managed to put his ego to one side for a few seconds!
  • Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Stuart made an attempt to speak to the Germans in their native language.

He repeated the same two sentences to everyone he met, which he seemed to have learned parrot fashion, and could also count to 20.

If that's speaking German then I'm Kaiser Bill. If they'd spoken back to him in German he wouldn't have understood a thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least he made an effort - more than the rest of them!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    I've been taking a list of things Stuart has actually proved good at this series:

1) Managing and working a market stall.

2) Silly voiceovers

3) Basic Selling

4) Basic/Pigeon German

5) Driving fast

Have I missed anything out? :D
  • WickedPlansWickedPlans Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    For a total arse, he didn't do as badly as in previous tasks.
    Laura was soooo bad she did make him look good though.

Liz and Joanne are my favourites.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Stuart did well this task. He's good at sales, which will probably take him to the final four but no further.
  • WickedPlansWickedPlans Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    I've been taking a list of things Stuart has actually proved good at this series:

1) Managing and working a market stall.

2) Silly voiceovers

3) Basic Selling

4) Basic/Pigeon German

5) Driving fast

Have I missed anything out? :D

1) And annoying people passing by

3) And saying the wrong thing and offending people
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He repeated the same two sentences to everyone he met, which he seemed to have learned parrot fashion, and could also count to 20.

If that's speaking German then I'm Kaiser Bill. If they'd spoken back to him in German he wouldn't have understood a thing.

But they weren't to know that.

I'm by no means a Stuart fan but credit where credit's due. Even if he used the same phrase over and over, it acted as an ice breaker and showed a certain level of respect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't come off too badly this week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    what has stubags actually sold though?
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, got to give him credit for trying to speak German. It's shows that he makes an effort and is respectful, which would make the buyers warm to him - not sure I would have said that about The Brand before!
  • Kim PKim P Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm by no means a Stuart fan but credit where credit's due. Even if he used the same phrase over and over, it acted as an ice breaker and showed a certain level of respect.

I agree and he came across far better than the babbling Laura whose pitch would have been unintelligible to a Brit never mind a German.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kim P wrote: »
    I agree and he came across far better than the babbling Laura whose pitch would have been unintelligible to a Brit never mind a German.

That made me laugh!
  • Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But they weren't to know that.

You make a fair point. It would have been funny if they'd answered in German though.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, its not speaking German, but it is making an effort - which goes a long way when trying to make a connection when abroad (Take note Joanna!:D)

After last week StuBaggs came back quite strongly for me tonight - if Team Stella had lost I'd have backed Laura for the boot over "The Brand" - certainly a turn around from last time!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What annoyed me was how Stuart, who was unusually restrained and calm this week, did not bitch too much about the other girls while with laura (except for the slip up with Joanna:D)
    whereas laura stated she had given up, swore and moaned untill the end of the task.

Yet Sugar ask them were they happy with Stella. And Stuart is the only one with the balls (though misguided balls they were) to state his slight issue with their PM, whereas Laura just sat there and nodded at being satisfied with the task like a good little girl...
  • totalwisetotalwise Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The loved the "the world has changed" gag in you're fired.

But credit where credit is due, I paticualrly liked stuarts positivty, and willingness to handle laura, when laura was falling apart in the cab, he managed to keep calm and reminded her to be positive.

I see criticism dealt so badly in apprentice in the past, and relationships completely fall apart and people becomes enemies.

There is a thing going on between stella and stuart, but stuart isn't entirely to blame for that, I think stella has issues with her age.

Also the stuff on camera, "everything i touch turns to sold", "I wake up at 6am and all I ever think about is how I'm going to make money every single hour" etc is all staged.

The product crew come in and pump up the candidates and set them up to just use as much exxageration and hyperbole to describe why they're the best. That's just for TV,
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who'd buy chips from someone whose German is so 'fluent' he introduced Laura as his MALE colleague. :rolleyes:
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I so would!
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cressida wrote: »
    Who'd buy chips from someone whose German is so 'fluent' he introduced Laura as his MALE colleague. :rolleyes:
    It would be no worse than a German speaking English but using German word order. You'd understand what they were saying but it would sound comical. Using the wrong gender ending is still perfectly understandable but sounds amusing.
  • Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a guy at work who is foreign, who comes over to see us, and although eh speaks very fluent English, he occasionally has the emphasis on the wrong words.

He often says "What ARE you doing?" (with the emphasis on ARE), making it sound as if he's accusing us of doing something wrong - but it's just the way he speaks :)
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Heir Baggs came across really well today. We saw a different side of him and I think he will make a very good employee to anyone once some of his youthful attitudes have gone.