Options

Is Cheryl waiting for confirmation on other judges!!? for XF USA!! DO U THINK!!?

iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Do u think she's been offered it but is waiting to see who the other female judge is!!!!!!? cause i can't see her wanting to do it if someone else as attractive as her and someone who would be competition for her!!!! e.g nicole, katy who are also more talented!!!!?

Also how they can sit her on the same judging panel as Mariah Carey (or someone of her level of fame/success) is beyond me!

Comments

• Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She would be hard to be trumphed as The Pretty One :)
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think she actually worries about that? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be shocked if the people behind Fox News decide to let a nobody be a judge over an American celebrity.
  • Options
    THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she is picked as a judge, solidifying that Americans are stupid, than I will dress up as Donald Duck and run around the city streets screaming out ' what a quack"
  • Options
    batman.batman. Posts: 8,906
    Forum Member
    I doubt she'll care who else is there as long as she is.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    I would be shocked if the people behind Fox News decide to let a nobody be a judge over an American celebrity.

Simon Cowell as a nobody before American Idol.

When the launch XF-USA there will obviosuly be a huge PR push with the judges being given the usual talk show slots(Letterman etc).

There's also that little thing called "The American Dream".
  • Options
    THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or the American Sweetheart * grabs a bucket and vomits*
  • Options
    batman.batman. Posts: 8,906
    Forum Member
    or the American Sweetheart * grabs a bucket and vomits*

Would you not have to be American to have that title? :L
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

When the launch XF-USA there will obviosuly be a huge PR push with the judges being given the usual talk show slots(Letterman etc).

Surely, if she *does* go, they're not actually going to let her... Talk...??!! Wouldn't her job be the 'sit and look pretty' one??
  • Options
    mrellis33mrellis33 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i doubt shes even been offered the gig. Seriously, shes a small fish compared to some of the names being thrown around (i've now heard Will Smith, George Michael, Noel Gallagher, Cher (old one), Mariah Carey, Jamie Foxx)
  • Options
    PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrellis33 wrote: »
    i doubt shes even been offered the gig. Seriously, shes a small fish compared to some of the names being thrown around (i've now heard Will Smith, George Michael, Noel Gallagher, Cher (old one), Mariah Carey, Jamie Foxx)

If Cowell wants her there then she'll be there. It makes no difference what you or I think.
  • Options
    BReal2BReal2 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard both she and Nicole Scherzinger are doing it. That can only work in Nicole's favor imo as she is more famous here than Cheryl, has a better voice imo and is more beautiful imo.
  • Options
    iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BReal2 wrote: »
    I heard both she and Nicole Scherzinger are doing it. That can only work in Nicole's favor imo as she is more famous here than Cheryl, has a better voice imo and is more beautiful imo.

NOT ONLY THAT BUT NO OFFENCE TO CHESSA BUT NICOLE HAS WAY MORE PERSONALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she is picked as a judge, solidifying that Americans are stupid, than I will dress up as Donald Duck and run around the city streets screaming out ' what a quack"

Ooh, now I want Cheryl to get the job! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    BReal2 wrote: »

Doubt it - they'd both be filling the same role on the panel (pretty, young, vacant female). They'll want one person to fill that role, and then either a maternal older woman or a quirky young one. (of course, if they could get a quirky maternal older woman - Paula Abdul-esque - that would be perfect.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Surely, if she *does* go, they're not actually going to let her... Talk...??!! Wouldn't her job be the 'sit and look pretty' one??

Why not let her talk as American's aren't all elitist snobs who base their opinion on accents.
  • Options
    rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    the first year cheryl was amazing had the personality and the fiest but now she is just miserable
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Also, I'd hardly describe Girls Aloud as being "nobodies". I'd imagine that they've got a lot of fans here in the U.K and quite a few in America.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Also, I'd hardly describe Girls Aloud as being "nobodies". I'd imagine that they've got a lot of fans here in the U.K and quite a few in America.

They do as the likes of YouTube have opened up the world to British groups all over the globe ;).

At the end of the day Cowell will take who he wants and that's all there is to it :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member

You know why they call it the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin.

Always loved that quote :D
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    If she didn't want to join a panel with another attractive woman on it she wouldn't have joined Dannii in the UK.
  • Options
    FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon Cowell knows which side his bread's buttered on. When he believes it would make his US XFactor successful, he'll take her. I can't fathom the reason why he would believe her on the judging panel would be a success in the US, but then again I can't fathom the reason Simon Cowell makes so much money.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

LOL! They never released a single in the US. People like Perez wrote about them, but that's it. They would not have a huge fanbase there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not about how famous she is in the US imo. It's about chemistry with Simon. I think that is what made idol work. Simon and Paula had good chemistry. When she left Simon didn't get along with Kara and the judging panel felt awkward. I think Cheryl would be perfect because she is feisty and doesn't get intimidated by Simon. Just like Paula. I like Nicole but don't think she has what it takes to stand up to Simon. She is more like Dannii. They are talented but too sweet.

Also, the problem with big celebrities is that they want to please the people by always being nice. So they might not give any criticism like Ellen Degeneres for example. She was like a cheerleader that didn't add anything to idol. Someone like Mariah might be like that imo which makes the judging panel a little too boring.

I do think Katy might be able to stand up to Simon so she could also be a good choice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the first year cheryl was amazing had the personality and the fiest but now she is just miserable

I agree with this. Cheryl from the first year needs to come back. She was more constructive and gave more detailed critics. She was more feisty too. This year she looked drained and ready to quit the show. Probably the divorce and malaria got to her so I can also understand.