Options

Radio Times price increase

2»

Comments

• Options
    SpotSpot Posts: 25,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a look at some of those cheaper magazines in the shop at lunchtime, and a couple seem so basic, often giving no more than the titles of many programmes. I couldn't put up with that. At least Total TV Guide gives enough information to make it worth looking at the list in the first place, which is rather the point of the exercise.
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stopped buying the radio times and TV times. many years ago, they were separate issues then.
    then i only used used to buy it for the advanced Christmas programs. far too expensive now.
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    Sigurd wrote: »
    There was a time when some people bought both the Radio Times and the TV Times, but I don't think my family ever did, largely because my mother considered ITV a bit common.

This raised a smile - only because my mother was exactly the same!
  • Options
    dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spot wrote: »
    I've switched to Total TV Guide which I'm getting on OK with, but I tried this for a few weeks a couple of years ago and ended up going back. However I really don't like the way RT relegates daytime listings to the side of the page. If they sorted this I would probably return, but for now, Total TV Guide is keeping me going.

Yes,I didn't get on with the daytime progs on the side either.
  • Options
    Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love my Radio Times and have bought it for years. It's by far the best TV mag and you get much better film listings than anywhere else. I have it on subscription and I do like my paper copy of what's going to be on TV, as well as all the interesting articles.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    We used to buy the RT every week, now I only get it if I like the cover. Oh and still buy the Christmas edition religiously. It's not Christmas without the Christmas RT :p
  • Options
    TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tim59 wrote: »
    There are loads of TV Guides out there now and most are cheaper and just as good. plus tvs have very good epg now

Only if all that interests you is a blow-by-blow account of the content of ever soap opera...
  • Options
    statenislandstatenisland Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is this still going? Used to love buying it as a kid before the xmas hols to pick out which movies i would watch, it was a tradition :)
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow people still buy paper magazines lol

Amazingly, there are some that don't put everything on their website (Private Eye for starters).
    tim59 wrote: »
    There are loads of TV Guides out there now and most are cheaper and just as good.

As long as, like them, you think soaps are the be all and end all of television.
  • Options
    Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just been to the website and it appears to be free

Ah hang on a minute you're talking about those bundles of paper with print in them you buy in those old shops on street corners