Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agnes of god
    A film about a nun who gives birth but claims she didn't know she was and claims it was a virgin birth. A psychologist played by Jane fonda is sent to investigate to see whether the girl is really innocent or just crazy

Meg Tilly plays the nun and she left my mouth wide open with such a powerhouse of a performance. I would urge anyone who likes Psychological drama's to check this out
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agnes of god
    A film about a nun who gives birth but claims she didn't know she was and claims it was a virgin birth.

I remember that film, but didn't see the film. It had one of biggest ad/marketing campaigns during the 1980s. It was literally everywhere. Newspaper adverts, tube walls, billboards, etc. Happened all over again for the Academy Awards season some months later. :cry:
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Welcome to the Punch - 7/10
  • cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Criminal' with John C Reilly, last night, enjoyed it (again) 8/10.
    Night before it was 'Greenberg' and liked that as well.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Inside Man - Not much of a Clive Owen fan and Denzel was calling in his usually casual cool cocky performance.

No Good Deed - Crappy TV movie starring Sam Jackson.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The conjuring
    Really good. Didn;t scare me but i liked the characters and plot.
    I can see why it has got the acclaim it has receieved.
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnny 99 wrote: »
    The Iron Lady

Thought it was very good and Streep and Broadbent were outstanding.

Most of the reviews seemed to focus on the fact that it was more about her dementia than her political career / life, whereas I knew before what to expect and I'm just a member of the public.

Do reviewers not know what to expect before they see stuff? Weird.

8/10

But surely a more in depth look at her political career would have made more compelling viewing than a film about her dementia. The film completely wasted Streeps performance.
  • Johnny 99Johnny 99 Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    sinbad8982 wrote: »
    But surely a more in depth look at her political career would have made more compelling viewing than a film about her dementia. The film completely wasted Streeps performance.

Did it? Not for me, like I said I thought she was outstanding.

As for a film about her career, that's my point, if someone wants to make one in the future then fine, but why people thought this film was going to be about that I've no idea.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Anuvahood
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Conjuring
    5/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    Swiss Family Robinson

Perhaps Disney's best film IMO.
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyond The Clouds - 5/10
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Johnny 99 wrote: »
    As for a film about her career, that's my point, if someone wants to make one in the future then fine, but why people thought this film was going to be about that I've no idea.
    I don't see anything wrong with people expecting a bit more political insight from a biopic about controversial Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. It's what she was famous for, wasn't it? And the Iron Lady was her political nickname borne of her uncompromising stance. Perhaps calling it Old Witch goes Barmy would've served the film better.

Good Night, and Good Luck

George Clooney's brilliantly shot take on CBS News' political integrity during the McCarthy era. A mere ninety minutes and not a second wasted.The terrific cast, script and direction keep you spellbound throughout. 9/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Last night i watched Terror at Lost Lake , not bad slasher film, and a couple of scenes reminded me of Wolf Creek :D
    Forum Member
    Next one was Excision..not bad not much horror, but quite a bit of blood lol..film was about A truly unique horror ride into the scariest of all places –the mind of a teenage misfit!
    EXCISION is the story of Pauline ( AnnaLynne McCord), a delusional teenage outcast. Pauline picks scabs. Pauline dissects road kill. Pauline fantasizes about performing surgery on strangers. Her fascinations disturb her schoolmates and her parents, Phyllis ( Traci Lords) and Bob ( Roger Bart). No one understands Pauline except for Grace ( Ariel Winter), her younger sister who suffers from cystic fibrosis. An outcast at school and at home, Pauline is convinced that the best way to repair her estranged relationship with her family is to perform a risky operation to save her sister s life..
    . .had a :eek: ending

other film was The Seasoning House, another good un :D about a
    taught and claustrophobic exploration of psychological terror that mixes the nerve shredding genius of Hitchcock with Polanski s visual intensity. The Seasoning House is a grim and soulless place where young girls are bought and sold for men s pleasure. Here we meet Angel (Rosie Day), a young, orphaned girl enslaved by Viktor (Kevin Howarth). Unbeknownst to her master, she moves between the walls and crawlspaces of the house silently observing, learning and planning for her escape. When her closest confident is savagely killed, Angel can no longer contain her rage and sets out through both ingenuity and brutality to seek justice.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WHIP IT - 7half/10 - yep pretty decent, good story, has a weird "feel" to it but still eminantly watchable ..... you know ..... in those outfits :D

MY LITTLE PONY - EQUESTRIA GIRLS - 9/10 - aaaaaaaaaaand i'm probably the ONLY one on here that has :cool:

i wasn't brave enough to see this in the cinema this weekend, since it HAS a limited release here, so i got the bluray rip off youtube!

and if you DON'T know what MY LITTLE PONY FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC is ..... forget the old MLP stuff, and dive into the new and improved series, beautifully crafted and excellently written! it already has has THREE seasons, but unbelievably only the first season has been shown here (on boomerang), not only is this a BIZARRE state of affairs ..... but the UK isn't getting to see one of THE best animated shows being shown :( it really is a shame no one else has picked this up!

anyway, they made a movie of it and it's just as fun and bright and beautifully made as the series ..... i won't spoil it at all for you interested now in my selling schtick :D

HORIZON: FILMING THE IMPOSSIBLE - 10/10 - not a movie but an important episode of the seminal science program, shown in 1983 and also nabbed off youtube :D it shows how the effects of three films ..... indiana jones and the temple of doom, 2010 and return of the jedi were done!

WITHOUT WARNING - 10/10 - since it WAS on my USB stick that was connected up to my tv, and it was 3 in the morning, i decided to watch this again ..... and it STILL scares the crap out of me :eek:

TRANSFORMERS REVENGE OF THE FALLEN - 8/10 - bigger bolder brasher louder robotier :p that the first one, with a script that you could peel a banana with, and more effects than a years supply of asylum movie ..... the second movie of the series is said to be rubbish!

but with magnificent action pieces, daffy humans running about the place, and a quick fire script ..... the transformers series really is enjoyable trash :D

just crank up the sound and BRING THE RAIN!!!

or is it pain .....
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    I can't believe I've just seen a My Little Pony review in here :eek:

I have Die Hard 5 to watch later today :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The beaver - Very meh and a bit silly. For Jodie's foster directorial film, i expected much better from her

House at the end of the street - Predictiable and waste of J-Law's talents

The awakening - Too slow and the eventual conclusion was very been there and done that

Insidious - Scarier than The conjuring, but the story wasn't as strong. Roll on the sequel next month though

Lovelace - Slow, but got better as it went along. Very good. Tough to watch at times

It's a free world - Nice little indie drama about a woman who helps foreign people find jobs, but finds the dark side to it when she sets up her own business after being fired.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Heat..I love Melissa McCarthy and she was on great form again 7/10
    Forum Member
    Just watched Day Breakers

not seen before and wasn't too bad, lots of blood flying about lol

EDIT...The girl / daughter in it was infact Isabel Lucas, who played Tasha Andrews in H&A..I thought i recognized her from somewhere :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Millions - Lovely little british film about two brothers who find loads of money and try to help poor people with it. However the last half of an hour became to far fetched and ruined the flow and emotion of the film. But the last scene is satsifying

The full monty - Great film with a great cast. I can see why this is looked at as a british classic.
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The beaver - Very meh and a bit silly. For Jodie's foster directorial film, i expected much better from her

Her directorial debut/was actually about 20 years a film called Little Man Tate

Alpha Papa 8/10
    R.I.P.D 4/10
    Ratatouile 8/10
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The American- recorded it a few weeks back, not bad, not great either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dark Skies 7/10 - It was interesting and kept me engaged throughout the film.

JI Joe II 5/10 - It was full of action and silly-ness as you would expect from a movie like this. It was also about an hour too long.

Jack Reacher 7/10 - Overall it was reasonably interesting but unfortunately, they dragged out the storyline too much.

If it was an hour to half hour shorter, it would be a lot better. Personally, I also would have preferred Jack Reacher to be played by an actor who comes across as more offbeat than Tom Cruise. (I can't believe I am saying that considering his beliefs in real life :p!)
This discussion has been closed.