Options

Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    I'd be happy to see Helen Raynor back. I actually loved Daleks in Manhattan / Evolution of the Daleks. Like others have said, it was a very thought-provoking story, and that works for me. Plus, Daleks in 1930's Manhattan is a brilliant match, thematically and aesthetically.

I was less impressed with Sontaran Stratagem / Poison Sky but not because of the writing. Helen's script was fine.

Both her Torchwood episodes were good.

Sad to hear that she had her confidence dented by unkind comments. Hopefully, she'll see this thread and it will undo some of the damage.

So, yeah, bring her back, ASAP.
  • Options
    CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    Evolution of the Daleks was unforgivable :o

To be fair. ..with the terrible acting, the terrible American accents and some godawful effects ......it's hard to know if that was the scripts fault. No script could make up for the other shit.

The idea of a human/Dalek hybrid could have been quite interesting..but the design and animatronics were laughable as opposed to frightening..and the pig men were almost as bad. Still, I think most "naked" Dalek animatronics throughout the series have been terrible. "Lets prod the eye from behind with a stick or pump it a bit to make it looks like it's talking"...terrible stuff effects wise.
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the lighter side, it did give us Spider-Man in Doctor Who, thanks to Andrew Garfield. :D
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    It seems like Tom Riley will be playing Robin Hood in Gatiss's episode, according to some GB posters.
  • Options
    Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool two legendary heros working together. Wonder if they will face the sheriff of nottingham,prince john or both. Medieval adventure sounds good to me .
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    It's just rumoured for now because Ian Hallard who is also appearing in the episode has been credited as Alan a Dale.

Also Samuel Anderson is back in episode 6 as Danny Pink as well.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was said long ago that Episode 2 would be a Dalek story - more backing from reliable reporters in recent days.

Makes the "Behind Enemy Lines" tease all the more intriguing :)
  • Options
    GillrayGillray Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    It's just rumoured for now because Ian Hallard who is also appearing in the episode has been credited as Alan a Dale.

Also Samuel Anderson is back in episode 6 as Danny Pink as well.

Trevor Cooper and Roger Ashton-Griffiths have also been cast - look very much like they could be Little John and Friar Tuck.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is what we could be looking at so far (13 episode format withstanding). All titles subject to change.

Episode 1 - Untitled
    Written by Steven Moffat || Directed by Ben Wheatley

TARDIS lands in Victorian London. Paternoster Gang investigating alien interference? Energy-trawler crashed in the Thames? Clockword Droids harvesting body parts again? The Doctor on horseback. The Eleventh Doctor contacts Clara in the moments before his regeneration - to reassure her over his successor. Closing scenes recall The End of The World. It is said that the script surpasses The Eleventh Hour. Possible post-credits scene to tease a new villain. Clara goes Victorian again.

Capaldi is a gent with fans.

Episode 2 - Untitled
    Written by Phil Ford || Directed by Ben Wheatley

Teased as going 'behind enemy lines.' Expected to be the only Dalek appearance in the series. Features soldiers in desert camouflage. Filmed almost entirely behind closed doors. Includes Michael Smiley as Colonel Blue and Ben Crompton as Ross.

Episode 3 - Robots of Sherwood
    Written by Mark Gatiss || Directed by Paul Murphy

Yet to be filmed. Robin Hood themed episode. Includes Ian Hallard as Alan-a-dale and Tom Riley leading the guest cast?

Episode 4 - Listen
    Written by Steven Moffat || Directed by Douglas MacKinnon

Introduces Samuel Anderson as Danny Pink. Features a sightless, horned monster. Includes scenes at Coal Hill School & Cardiff's Mimosa Bar standing in for a similar location. Dialogue heard on set (unknown voice to Clara) proposed as the episode's premise: “When you talk to yourself, what if the person you’re talking to isn’t really you?” The Doctor goes tree climbing. A familiar orange spacesuit makes a return in several locations - but this time Sam Anderson appears to be wearing it. Looks creepy as hell.

Episode 5 - Time Heist
    Written by Steve Thompson || Directed by Douglas MacKinnon

Keeley Hawes features as the powerful, out-of-this-world Ms Delphox - presumably a prominent figure at the Bank of Karabraxer on a puzzling alien world. Funky extras in suits and cybernetic implants. The bank's computer reveals the risk of incineration. Features teleportation. Includes more soldiers in desert camouflage. Capaldi has a black shirt and looks amazing. Coleman has a purple suit and still looks amazing.

Episode 6 - Coal Hill Disaster (?)
    Written by Gareth Roberts || Directed by Paul Murphy

The Doctor goes undercover as the caretaker of Coal Hill School. Robotic owl-like creature with glowing blue eyes spotted. First on-set use of the returning sonic screwdriver. Includes Danny Pink and long chase sequences in the school - with a large use of student extras, with some featuring more in the story. The Doctor goes ladder climbing in to the school. Coal Hill is as it was at the start of Day of The Doctor - at Gladstone Primary School.

Capaldi is a gent with fans. || Capaldi is a gent with extras.

Episode 7 - Kill The Moon
    Possibly written by Steven Moffat || Directed by Paul Wilmshurst

Episode 8 - Mummy on the Orient Express
    Possibly written by Peter Harness, Frank Cottrell Boyce, or Neil Cross || Directed by Paul Wilmshurst

Episode 9 - Flatline
    Possibly written by Peter Harness, Frank Cottrell Boyce, or Neil Cross | Director Unknown

Episode 10 Unknown

Episode 11 Unknown

Episode 12 - Series Finale, Part 1
    Written by Steven Moffat

Episode 13 - Series Finale, Part 2
    Written by Steven Moffat
  • Options
    SatmanagerSatmanager Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 - Thanks for putting this all together for everyone, it sure is nice to see it all in one place. :D
  • Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satmanager wrote: »
    CD93 - Thanks for putting this all together for everyone, it sure is nice to see it all in one place. :D

Awesome CD93 :)
  • Options
    Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    en Crompton as Ross.

Episode 3 - Robots of Sherwood
    Written by Mark Gatiss || Directed by Paul Murphy

Yet to be filmed. Robin Hood themed episode. Includes Ian Hallard as Alan-a-dale and Tom Riley leading the guest cast?

That episode concept paired with that writer really does sound like one for the scrap heap.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    That episode concept paired with that writer really does sound like one for the scrap heap.

I'm more worried about that "Coal Hill Disaster" one. Hopefully it turns out better than it sounds.
  • Options
    LeslieGruffordLeslieGrufford Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    I'm more worried about that "Coal Hill Disaster" one. Hopefully it turns out better than it sounds.

Are you saying there is something wrong when The Doctor goes undercover as a Cleaner/Caretaker:
    http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/c3/45/97/c34597028fa2afad05700bd82c5fb361.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    I think all the episodes are sounding great so far. Especially looking forward to the Robin Hood theme, hoping it is a little humorous. Getting really excited. :)
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit I'm very behind on the spoilers for the new series so may be rehashing ideas which have already been aired but a couple of things have stood out from the episode synopsis' CD93 has kindly put together.

Firstly the soldiers in desert camouflage - the last time we saw people of that ilk was in The Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone. Episode Two appears to be Dalek-centric while Episode 5 suggests possible Cyberman involvement (cybernetic?) rather than the Weeping Angels but I do wonder whether these soldiers are from the same battalion as those on the Byzantium.

Secondly - Episode Seven: Kill The Moon. Am I the only person to immediately think of Doctor Moon from Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead when reading the episode title?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know how that would work. How and why would anyone go into the library computor just to try and kill doctor moon ?. First he seemed like a baddie but then he turned out to be good helping CAL. Don't think they will go back there uunless they have a very good reason. River is not even there anymore. 11 released her in TNOTD.
  • Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think someone said it on the other thread but it would be funny if kill the moon involved strax killing the moonites... :-)
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know how that would work. How and why would anyone go into the library computor just to try and kill doctor moon ?. First he seemed like a baddie but then he turned out to be good helping CAL. Don't think they will go back there uunless they have a very good reason. River is not even there anymore. 11 released her in TNOTD.

When did the Doctor release River?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River helped him so he did what she asked him to do. Said goodbye like he was going to come back. Meaning river could finally be at peace in the afterlife.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    River helped him so he did what she asked him to do. Said goodbye like he was going to come back. Meaning river could finally be at peace in the afterlife.

Erm no. That last bit certainly never happened. River is back in the library where she belongs and where she will stay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    11 himself said she should have "faded" long before trenzalore. Library was only ever a temporary solution. Rivers body had been destroyed and could not be restored. Souls should be free not trapped. If you were her would you chose to be stuck in the library or to be free and maybe even reunited with your parents in heaven ?.
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes the Doctor would be tolerant as is his way but deep down he would point and laugh at the concept.

No, he wouldn't. I think it's a massive misreading of the character to think he'd ever be so derisive. He's much more a 'I'm open to all possibilities' type character which I think is just right. He's aware that even he hasn't seen all the universe has to offer so is a 'who knows?' kind of guy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clearly we need more spoilers or information ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And she never said that it did.

she at least implied as such. I challenged it. Cool your boots. its called a discussion.
This discussion has been closed.