Why are the Americans the servants

An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
Forum Member
I missed the start of the show. How was it decided which group would be royals and which servants? IS this the shopping task?

Comments

• SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed the start of the show. How was it decided which group would be royals and which servants? IS this the shopping task?

yes it is the shopping task ...... it was in the papers few days ago.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I assume because they're more likely to kick off about it.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Colonialism.
  • anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing to create drama. The British would be servants without question (Gail practically is already).
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Isn't it a result of the Brits winning the task on the first night? It is a British House because of that :confused:
  • annwannw Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what did the americans win in their task.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Skyrah wrote: »
    yes it is the shopping task ...... it was in the papers few days ago.

Thanks :) It wasn't in the Guardian :D it seems now I have to read the tabloids to follow the show. :(
  • VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    I assume because they're more likely to kick off about it.

I assume because the Brits will go too far with it.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the whole show is designed to put down the Americans, push their buttons, which will create more tension. All very biased.

As somebody asked me on Twitter, would there have been these tasks had the Americans won the cannon task? I wonder.
  • viewer123viewer123 Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's called natural selection.
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I think the whole show is designed to put down the Americans, push their buttons, which will create more tension. All very biased.

As somebody asked me on Twitter, would there have been these tasks had the Americans won the cannon task? I wonder.

I agree. I was uncomfortable with this V set up from the start. There is something about this that doesn't sit right with me. Its not sporting! Its not cricket!
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UK won on the first night. Isn't it just carrying on from that ?
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. I was uncomfortable with this V set up from the start. There is something about this that doesn't sit right with me. Its not sporting! Its not cricket!

Who cares ? lol

It's a GAME SHOW.
  • VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UK won on the first night. Isn't it just carrying on from that ?

But USA won the last one. :confused:
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Revenge for Saratoga
    Forum Member
    Who cares ? lol

It's a GAME SHOW.

Which is why I say its not sporting and not cricket. :D
  • GrozzyGirlGrozzyGirl Posts: 1,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

how on earth do you expect farrah, Jenna, Austin and Janice to behave with any decorum.

Anyway, Gail,sherrie Chris etc would just get on with being servants (they have been that for 5 days now) whereas the Uncle SAMs are going to go ape.
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They released a hive of bee's and whichever team had the most members left, won.
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »

Indeed..some certainly didn't look happy.

On the flipside, I think some of the Brits will feel very uncomfortable with the situatiion as they'll likely feel they are demeaning the Americans if they ask for anything.

I can see it being a real challenge for Gail ..as her main coping mechanism (cleaning) has been taken away.
  • erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has nothing to do with any of the tasks we have seen
    BB told Rylan and Katie that the USA would serve the Uk Hms but with a twist.

Rylan and Katie Price's secret mission
    http://bigbrother.channel5.com/rylan-and-katie-prices-secret-mission
    If you missed last night's Bit on the Side you won't have seen Rylan and Katie race around the House in search of Big Brother's missing crown jewel. You also won't know what's planned for the first shopping task. Let us fill you in.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Callous wrote: »
    Indeed..some certainly didn't look happy.

On the flipside, I think some of the Brits will feel very uncomfortable with the situatiion as they'll likely feel they are demeaning the Americans if they ask for anything.

I can see it being a real challenge for Gail ..as her main coping mechanism (cleaning) has been taken away.

I suppose we could look at it from another angle - the servants will cause the drama and, yet again, the Americans will get the airtime. Now that could always work well for the UK housemates, but - on the other hand - surely they also want airtime for whatever reason, or perhaps they are happy to fly under the radar and receive their cheque. Who knows :D

ETA: I agree, re. Gail.
    Forum Member
    They released a hive of bee's and whichever team had the most members left, won.

:D:D You should be head of the tasks team.
    Forum Member
    erin_p wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with any of the tasks we have seen
    BB told Rylan and Katie that the USA would serve the Uk Hms but with a twist.

Rylan and Katie Price's secret mission
    http://bigbrother.channel5.com/rylan-and-katie-prices-secret-mission
    If you missed last night's Bit on the Side you won't have seen Rylan and Katie race around the House in search of Big Brother's missing crown jewel. You also won't know what's planned for the first shopping task. Let us fill you in.

Oh yeah. The light bulb has come on now. Thanks Erin. I am so used to BBOTS being full of random 'funny' skits that I failed to put two and two together. And to be honest I watch BOTS in stand by mode.