Taylor Swift 'Wildest dreams' official video is magnificent

gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just watched Taylor's 'Wildest dreams' Official video on YouTube it is magnificent the storyline, scenery and animals are incredible. Well done to all involved in its production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdneKLhsWOQ

Comments

• Cheekymonkey09Cheekymonkey09 Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the video is lovely, it suits the song well. The song has been remixed a bit too towards the end which is nice.

I hope it's a hit over here, but I'm not holding my breath as ballads rarely do well these days.
  • IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    It's my favourite song on the album, but I'm hugely disappointed with the video. I found it to be very boring.
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like much of her stuff but this song isn't bad and the video reminds me of 'The French Lieutenant's Woman' with it's story within a story.
  • Chris_WilsonChris_Wilson Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she was brilliant also winning 2 vma's last night
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Good song .
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song is ok, but not one of her best singles to be released. The video is nice though.
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I admit, I wasn't a fan of the song being released.

But I LOVE the video for it...it fits the song perfectly and I can't stop watching it! It reminds me of Lucky by Britney Spears for some reason.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, she's copied another Britney video.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Crikey, has Ms Swift been listening to Ms Del Rey a lot?? ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    I've always loved this song and the video is beautiful. That yellow dress in particular is stunning!

I especially admire the fact that Taylor is donating any money made to an animal charity. She doesn't get enough credit for her philanthropy, or what a good role model she is.
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the video and the song, I thought I wouldn't like it as much as the 'Style' video and song, but I think I love it so much more.
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always loved this song and the video is beautiful. That yellow dress in particular is stunning!

I especially admire the fact that Taylor is donating any money made to an animal charity. She doesn't get enough credit for her philanthropy, or what a good role model she is.

Agreed she seems like a lovely young woman I think she is a great role model for young people. I hope her mum is improving health wise the cancer diagnosis must be very worrying for Taylor and her family.

I think it's great Taylor is raising awareness of animal welfare especially after that dentist killing the lion and other animals. It's a very important issue.
    Love the video and the song, I thought I wouldn't like it as much as the 'Style' video and song, but I think I love it so much more.

Agreed the video is lovely as is the song.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It actually does remind me of Lucky by Britney Spears, the look is very Lana Del Rey. But nice Cinematography, decent enough concept and a song that's so so. 3/5 from me not magnificent but okay.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Well done to Taylor, great video, great song.
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Mail is outraged by this video and claims it is racist. This is garbage and it is not fair the video to ruin what is a magnificent piece of film. I don't believe it is racist at all it's about a love story between two film stars it has nothing to do with the issue of race.

"Taylor Swift's latest music video is being battered by critics who claim it is racist and pandering to 'rich white fantasies' from a colonial era.

The video for Wildest Dreams, which was revealed during the MTV VMA Awards coverage on Sunday, has a mainly white cast and revolves around two 1950s-era movie stars - played by Swift and Gran Torino actor Scott Eastwood - filming in Africa.

There are only two black actors, who play soldiers, and they appear in the background. The mock film crew are white.

Director Joseph Khan insists the video is a 'love story' and has no political agenda. But music fans have rushed to Twitter to describe it as 'colonial garbage'."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3220003/Taylor-Swift-s-Wildest-Dreams-video-slammed-racist-based-glamorous-white-colonial-fantasy.html#ixzz3kcqesTJs
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    ^ I've just seen this. Ridiculous, isn't it?
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daily Mail clickbait. Ignore the morons.

I know it's stating the bleeding obvious, but Taylor Swift has become a beautiful woman. She was always cute, but she is now gorgeous.
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a stunning video! Possibly my favourite from the era so far actually, it being so stunningly simple really fits the feel of the song itself. I think the song is my second favourite from 1989 now, coming behind Shake It Off, it's beautifully made and so stunning and magical and mystical <3
  • Cheekymonkey09Cheekymonkey09 Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a stunning video! Possibly my favourite from the era so far actually, it being so stunningly simple really fits the feel of the song itself. I think the song is my second favourite from 1989 now, coming behind Shake It Off, it's beautifully made and so stunning and magical and mystical <3

Me too, I like the 80s keyboards at the start and the heartbeat, sounds cool and the production is magical.

Btw does anyone know if the single mix will be released soon?
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    As vanilla as ever.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The racist accusations are just ridiculous.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    The racist accusations are just ridiculous.

Especially as Joseph Kahn is Korean American and the producer of the video is African American. The DM story fails to mention at any point that all proceeds from the video are going to African Wildlife Conservation which will also help communities. That will be millions of dollars.

I love the video and song, the video is clearly meant to be a homage to 1950's movies and to Hollywood affairs, it is about a fantasy within a fantasy of a movie...
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I really the only one who thinks this song is crap? It's like a girl in fifth form trying to do a Lana Del Rey track (I mean, the song is basically Without You by LDR) but she just doesn't have the voice for it.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Yeah, as I alluded to in my earlier post it's very clear that Ms Swift has been hugely influenced by Lana here. It's not like she doesn't have previous for this, is it? *cough* THAT video that was a shameless rip-off of Ride?? *cough*. She's a great businesswoman, though...
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Yeah, as I alluded to in my earlier post it's very clear that Ms Swift has been hugely influenced by Lana here. It's not like she doesn't have previous for this, is it? *cough* THAT video that was a shameless rip-off of Ride?? *cough*. She's a great businesswoman, though...

Exactly. The Trouble video, wasn't it? But it was also like a schoolgirl playing dress-up - it had none of the weight of the real thing.