any Underbelly fans here

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
hi all
I just got the box set of this superb Aussie Drama yesterday having never seen it before but being a fan of TV police and crime dramas I wanted to see what all the hype was about and to be honest It's the best show to EVER come out of Australia I can't wait to see the sequel series called A Tale of Two Cities
I'm mad about the show
any other massive fans of the show here
IT'S A JUNGLE OUT THERE

Comments

• xtra_timextra_time Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    I watched it on FXHD recently - i enjoyed it a lot. All based on true events too.
  • jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i loved it! dont know how long we will have to wait until we get season 2 here!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    The best tv show i've seen for ages,episode 12 was s o sad. It's on Virgin on demand at the moment, annoyingly episodes 8 & 9 are missing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Great show loved watching it on fxhd. Second series does'nt seem to be getting as good reviews but thats probably due to series 1 being just so good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started watching the first series during the Australian run as I'd just finished watching The Games and wanted some more Aussie TV that wasn't Neighbours.

It was a damn good first season and the second one running at the moment is also just as good as the first one but I think that it doesn't have the same notoriety.

The second season won't reach the same heights rating wise basically because when the first season was airing it was banned in Victoria where there were ongoing court cases featuring the characters in the show. The show got a lot of free publicity from the banning which made it a show that had to be watched if only to see how far they would go without getting the show pulled off for defamation of character or influencing juries. The second season has the same feel as the first one but it just doesn't have the sense of being cutting edge which is probably why the reviews aren't as favourable however I am still enjoying it which is good enough for me. :)
  • daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i DIDNT THINK THERE WAS A SEASON TWO :/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    daclick wrote: »
    i DIDNT THINK THERE WAS A SEASON TWO :/

Yep, causing even more controversy in Oz.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FB_Rogers wrote: »
    The second season won't reach the same heights rating wise basically because when the first season was airing it was banned in Victoria where there were ongoing court cases featuring the characters in the show. The show got a lot of free publicity from the banning which made it a show that had to be watched if only to see how far they would go without getting the show pulled off for defamation of character or influencing juries. The second season has the same feel as the first one but it just doesn't have the sense of being cutting edge which is probably why the reviews aren't as favourable however I am still enjoying it which is good enough for me. :)
    That controversy doesn't really apply in the UK. You could tell that they were pulling punches, especially towards the end, but mostly that just added a bit of verisimilitude. Whenever they put a date on the screen you'd know you were going to get an incident which had been documented in court. For me that's where the edge came from - from knowing it was based on real events and the outcomes were not merely what some script-writer thought would happen. For example, I didn't expect the two girls to survive in ep1.
  • aussiewantsaps2aussiewantsaps2 Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really really good series. Is series 2 likely to come to the UK and is it still called Underbelly?
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The director's of photography should get some kind of award for their skill in not showing gentalia. The blocking was fantastic.
  • AlisonAAlisonA Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    A third series in the works it seems
    http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,,25220780-2862,00.html

I've really enjoyed S1 and would like to know if S2 is likely to be shown soon in the UK.
  • jimmy22jimmy22 Posts: 3,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlisonA wrote: »
    A third series in the works it seems
    http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,,25220780-2862,00.html

I've really enjoyed S1 and would like to know if S2 is likely to be shown soon in the UK.

FX tell me that there is no news yet on showing season 2 of Underbelly but they may show it at some point as season 1 did quite well for FX:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it. So much better than the sopranos. Also the characters looked so much like the real life characters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    just watching season 2 its abit slow to start with but its now getting a lot better music is out of this world on ep 7 not AS good as the 1st but still excellent;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,306
    Forum Member
    Exellent show! Series 2 is fantastic!! With Anna Hutchinson, John Wood and Asher Keddie staring and the amazing locations such as Bondi beach, Syndey and Warwick farm, also there are boobs and bullets gallore making this must see TV!!
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    When will it be repeated in the UK(on FX)?
  • CraigCraig Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stripedcat wrote: »
    When will it be repeated in the UK(on FX)?

In about a month.

DRAMA: Underbelly
    On: FX (164)
    Date: Saturday 2nd May 2009 (starting in 28 days)
    Time: 02:25 to 03:25 (1 hour long)

The Black Prince. Series 1, episode 1.
    The Melbourne gangland wars start the night gangster Alphonse Gangitano - 'The Black Prince of Lygon Street' and one of the legendary Carlton Crew gang - murders a low-life criminal named Greg Workman at a St Kilda party. Alphonse gets away with the murder by convincing two witnesses not to testify, but the killing sets the tone for the mayhem that will follow - and sets Alphonse himself on a path to self-destruction.
    (2008)

Director: Tony Tilse
    Starring: Rodger Corser, Caroline Craig, Gyton Grantley, Kat Stewart, Vince Colosimo, Les Hill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=25307

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.