Sky Ashes Coverge (cricket)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 398
Forum Member
I assume Sky sports, will Telecast the Series with there own team of presenters, and Graphics, like they did when England went to South Africa,

I am Just wondering will Sky Sports use Hawk Eye, or Virtual eye which Channel 9 will use, what about Eagle eye which measure's the batsman 6

i assume the 3rd umpire (tv) will view the Channel 9 Coverage,

will UDRS be used in this series, what bout the camera Ultra motion

Comments

• jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see Sky use some of the Channel 9 commentators, especially Greig and Lawry - after all it looks like Shane Warne's going to be part of the Sky team.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure Sky will take Channel Nine's coverage in it's entirety like usual :)
  • chrisfinchchrisfinch Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    solentboy wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Sky will take Channel Nine's coverage in it's entirety like usual :)

They won't.

(I don't think your being sarcastic):p
  • Nick GNick G Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jo2015 wrote: »
    I'd love to see Sky use some of the Channel 9 commentators, especially Greig and Lawry - after all it looks like Shane Warne's going to be part of the Sky team.

At least we will get to hear them on the ITV4 highlights - possibly Richie Benaud as well after his unexpected return to the commentary box on Wednesday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick G wrote: »
    At least we will get to hear them on the ITV4 highlights - possibly Richie Benaud as well after his unexpected return to the commentary box on Wednesday.

As post on another thread points out the ITV deal has not been signed yet. Here's hoping but at present it's not a done deal. See http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1355874&page=6 (see post 141)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Does it really matter who is commentating (unless u r listening as a blind person) The pictures (in HD on Sky) speak 4 themselves.
  • colly_tygcolly_tyg Posts: 1,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As usual, ditch the tv comms and turn on TMS.
  • Sven945Sven945 Posts: 4,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    colly_tyg wrote: »
    As usual, ditch the tv comms and turn on TMS.

Or, if you're like me, subscribe to Sky Sports 1 very reluctantly and sync the TMS commentary with a DAB radio which lets you pause.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,864
    Forum Member
    saf7321 wrote: »
    I assume Sky sports, will Telecast the Series with there own team of presenters, and Graphics, like they did when England went to South Africa,

They did during the last Ashes tour in 2006-07, so I presume they will do the same again this time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    The advertas on sky have shown the English commontators so i believe they will be doing there own presenting shame really as i quite like the Australian way of doing it
  • LOSGLOSG Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwscott wrote: »
    The advertas on sky have shown the English commontators so i believe they will be doing there own presenting shame really as i quite like the Australian way of doing it

Channel 9s coverage is basically the same as Skys in terms of broadcasting values and qualities. Whilst i normally find the Channel 9 commentary box to be overcrowded anyway.

Sky will use the Channel 9 feed for pictures(just with their own graphics and commentators on top of it) so equipment such as snicko and hotspot will be available to Sky viewers. But the question of DRS is a good one, will this be used for this series?
  • JudioJudio Posts: 11,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was really annoying last time

We could not see the toss live on Sky

Because Mark Nicholas who was associated with FIVE was doing it for Australian TV

Let us hope Sky change their minds this time !!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    LOSG wrote: »
    Channel 9s coverage is basically the same as Skys in terms of broadcasting values and qualities. Whilst i normally find the Channel 9 commentary box to be overcrowded anyway.

Sky will use the Channel 9 feed for pictures(just with their own graphics and commentators on top of it) so equipment such as snicko and hotspot will be available to Sky viewers. But the question of DRS is a good one, will this be used for this series?

yp, i agree with the above, so no hawk eye will be used,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yp, i agree with the above, so no hawk eye will be used,

http://www.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/481602.html

It appears DRS will be used, and so most certainly Hawk Eye will as well.
    Forum Member
    LOSG wrote: »
    http://www.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/481602.html

It appears DRS will be used, and so most certainly Hawk Eye will as well.

Im just wondering, as Channel 9 will use a diffferent syestem know as 'Virtual Eye'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im just wondering, as Channel 9 will use a diffferent syestem know as 'Virtual Eye'

You're right, my apologies.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1314362/Charles-Sale-Hawk-Eye-loses-virtual-rival-Ashes-series-Down-Under.html
  • Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judio wrote: »

Because Mark Nicholas who was associated with FIVE was doing it for Australian TV

Was that true? I never knew that. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member

Do you know what the differance is between HAwk ete and Virtual eye or are they the same with a differant name
    Forum Member
    kwscott wrote: »
    Do you know what the differance is between HAwk ete and Virtual eye or are they the same with a differant name

They each use different frames by second speed and hawak eye included a predictuve parth, where as Virtual eye just shows what has taken place, hope this makes sence
  • aberboyaberboy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the Virtual Eye does not have a predictive path does this mean the on-off scheme of using the TV umpire for LBW reviews etc will not happen?
    Forum Member
    aberboy wrote: »
    If the Virtual Eye does not have a predictive path does this mean the on-off scheme of using the TV umpire for LBW reviews etc will not happen?

yp, will be used

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/483756.html
    Forum Member
    will the warm up game vs Australia A also be shown by Sky own coverge or shered
  • jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    Judio wrote: »

The same Mark Nicholas who used to work for Sky in the nineties!

So did Sky show the toss in '02 - '03?

Are Sky going to show their usual 2 hour highlights programme of the day's play? They are showing a 2 hour show of each day of next weeks match against Australia A but I read in another thread that test match highlights would only be an hour (too short for me!)
  • JudioJudio Posts: 11,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky have got a two hour show which will only air at (8 pm)

and also a one hour show (10 am) repeated at 2pm and 5pm

Only when these have both been shown is a terrestrial TV allowed
    to show a highlights at 2200!!!
    Forum Member
    will the warm up game vs Australia A also be shown by Sky own coverage or shred

this is being shown with Channel 9 coverage,

and Shane Warne will Represent Australia for Sky Sports, Atherton will represent England for Channel 9.

In the Sky box for UK Viewers, it will be David Gower, Sir Ian Botham, David Loyd, Nasser Hussain and Shane Warne

http://www.skysports.com/cricket/ashes/story/0,26376,16303_6511048,00.html