Options

Sports Commentators (non-football) (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    smurfs5smurfs5 Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Premier League Darts- Week 4- Sky Sports 2 HD

Dave Clark presenting from Exeter with Wayne Mardle

Painter v Wade: John Gwynne & Wayne Mardle
    van Barneveld v Hamilton: Stuart Pyke & Nigel Pearson
    Whitlock v Taylor: John Gwynne & Nigel Pearson
    Anderson v Lewis: Stuart Pyke & Wayne Mardle
  • Options
    Ian AberdonIan Aberdon Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard Bob Ballard reading the news on Talksport the other week, but he's presently commentating on the swimming for BBC 5 Live.
  • Options
    sporter92sporter92 Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Sport - BBC One & BBC One HD
    Presenter: John Inverdale
    With: Serge Betsen & Keith Wood
    Commentators: Eddie Butler & Brian Moore
    Analyst: Jonathan Davies
    Reporters: Jill Douglas

RTE Sport - RTE Two & RTE Two HD
    Presenter: Tom McGurk
    With: George Hook, Brent Pope & Conor O’Shea
    Commentators: Ryle Nugent & Tony Ward
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sporter92 wrote: »
    BBC Sport - BBC One & BBC One HD
    With: Serge Betsen & Keith Wood
    Analyst: Jonathan Davies
    Reporters: Jill Douglas

Ex-Scottish international Nathan Hines (who currently plays in France and previously played in Ireland) joined Jill Douglas pitchside from Half-Time and the 2nd Half

Clare McNamara was the reporter at the Stade de France for RTE
  • Options
    Tony YeboahTony Yeboah Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Six Nations

Italy v Scotland- John Inverdale introduces. With commentary by Conor McNamara and Andy Nicol, and pitchside reports by Jill Douglas.

Wales v France- Presented by John Inverdale, with commentary by Eddie Butler and Jonathan Davies, and analysis by Shane Williams and Thomas Castaignede.

England v Ireland- Gabby Logan presents. With commentary by Andrew Cotter and Brian Moore, and analysis by Keith Wood and Lawrence Dallaglio.
  • Options
    neilwatsonneilwatson Posts: 31,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    England v Ireland- Gabby Logan presents. With commentary by Andrew Cotter and Brian Moore, and analysis by Keith Wood and Lawrence Dallaglio.

Bit surpising. I would of thought Inverdale would present England with Logan on the other matches.
  • Options
    The WandererThe Wanderer Posts: 5,238
    Forum Member
    neilwatson wrote: »
    Bit surpising. I would of thought Inverdale would present England with Logan on the other matches.

Wales v France could well be a championship decider though
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    neilwatson wrote: »

Not really as the 2nd match may well be the championship decider, actually surprising France-Wales isn't last game!

I know Conor McNamara has done 1 or 2 TV rugby games however I have to say I have been mega impressed with Alistair Eykyn. Not heard much of his 5 live work, he is very good! I gather he isn't on tv as he's on radio duty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Conor McNamara has done 1 or 2 TV rugby games however I have to say I have been mega impressed with Alistair Eykyn. Not heard much of his 5 live work, he is very good! I gather he isn't on tv as he's on radio duty.

Thinks its about time the BBC picked a 3rd commentator to replace Nick Mullins instead of having Eykyn one week then McNamara, just pick one or the other.

I agree Eykyn has been brilliant for BBC TV so far, I think he has done two 6 nations games last year and this and would be my favourite for 3rd BBC Commentator however McNamara is also good and he did the Scotland v Italy game last year aswell and McNamara is no newcomer to Rugby as he does matches on 5 Live and was TV3 Irelands main commentator for the 2007 Rugby World Cup for the 13 matches they did
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard Bob Ballard reading the news on Talksport the other week, but he's presently commentating on the swimming for BBC 5 Live.

The story with him is that he was a regular sports newsreader on Radio 5 Live, but upon their relocation to Salford he decided to remain in London, leave his staff position at the BBC and set up his own production company.

His newsreading opportunities on talkSPORT should be making up for the loss of those studio-based commitments from his Radio 5 Live role, but at the time he left his position at the BBC I remember him tweeting that he was going continue to commentate on those sports he covered for the BBC while contracted by them albeit on a freelance basis so it's no surprise this is happening.

With Channel 4 having named the spine of their Paralympic coverage team last week, I think they could do a lot worse than to bring in Bob as their swimming commentator (presuming BBC Radio aren't planning to go big on this aspect of their Paralympic coverage).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ospreys v Glasgow Warriors

Presenter: Ross Harries
    With: Sam Warburton & Rob Jones
    Commentators: Gareth Charles & Jonathan Davies
    Pitchside: Phil Steele & Alun Wyn Jones

Red-Zone: Rick O’Shea & Gareth Llewellyn

Sorry I forgot to post this last friday
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Presenter: Rick Edwards
    With: Kelly Sotherton, Iwan Thomas, Dean Macey & Katherine Merry
    Commentators: John Rawling & Rob Walker.
    Reporter: Chris Dennis

Two of the athletes join Rick Edwards in the studio and the other two are in the commentary box, for instance on friday morning Kelly Sotherton and Iwan Thomas were in the studio while Katherine Merry and Dean Macey did commentary with Rob Walker and John Rawling

Channel 4 do not have Sonya McLaughlin and Michael Johnson from the World Athletics team last October
  • Options
    Gordie10Gordie10 Posts: 2,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 4 do not have Sonya McLaughlin and Michael Johnson from the World Athletics team last October

I don't think Michael Johnson would ever want to be associated with Channel 4 again.
  • Options
    Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Presenter: Rick Edwards
    With: Kelly Sotherton, Iwan Thomas, Dean Macey & Katherine Merry
    Commentators: John Rawling & Rob Walker.
    Reporter: Chris Dennis

Two of the athletes join Rick Edwards in the studio and the other two are in the commentary box, for instance on friday morning Kelly Sotherton and Iwan Thomas were in the studio while Katherine Merry and Dean Macey did commentary with Rob Walker and John Rawling

Gordie10 wrote: »
    I don't think Michael Johnson would ever want to be associated with Channel 4 again.

Whilst Sonja is on the BBC's Six Nations coverage.
  • Options
    Alex2606Alex2606 Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie10 wrote: »

I doubt he would have been there even if he did, I can't rememeber him ever working an Indoor Championship when the BBC had them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC One & BBC One HD

Wales v Italy
    With: Jeremy Guscott, Martyn Williams & Shane Williams
    Commentators: Alastair Eykyn & Jonathan Davies
    Pitchside: Jason Mohammed & Martin Castrogiovanni

Ireland v Scotland
    Presenter: Gabby Logan
    With: Keith Wood & Andy Nicol
    Commentators: Andrew Cotter & Philip Matthews
    Pitchside: Jill Douglas, Brian O’Driscoll & Chris Paterson

On RTE Two & RTE Two HD

Commentators:
    Wales v Italy: George Hamilton & Ralph Keyes
    Ireland v Scotland: Ryle Nugent & Donal Lenihan

Reporter: Clare McNamara
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the Six Nations, on BBC 1 Scotland they had live Scottish Cup football so on Sportscene Rob Maclean cut off Pat Nevin mid-sentence at 2.30pm to hand over (butchered job) to pictures/commentary of team line ups for the Wales/Italy game
  • Options
    smurfs5smurfs5 Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Premier League Darts- Week Five- Sky Sports 1HD

Dave Clark presented from Brighton with Wayne Mardle

Painter v Hamilton: John Gwynne & Stuart Pyke
    Taylor v Anderson: Stuart Pyke & Wayne Mardle
    Wade v van Barneveld: John Gwynne & Nigel Pearson
    Whitlock v Lewis: Nigel Pearson & Wayne Mardle
  • Options
    BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    can anyone tell me the commentators for the Asia cup cricket in Bangladesh.
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Bob Ballard is doing the diving at the Olympics. He's excellent at it. Adds a bit of humour to proceedings
  • Options
    Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Northampton Saints V Scarlets (LV= Cup Semi Final)

S4C - Sarra Elgan hosting from Franklins Gardens, with Dafydd Jones there to provide build up and analysis. Commentary is from Wyn Gruffydd and Derwyn Jones, whilst Rhodri Davies is pitchside reporter, who has turned up expecting the temperature to turn cold suddenly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC One & BBC One HD
    With: Jeremy Guscott, Thomas Castaignede & Jonathan Davies
    Analyst: Lawrence Dallaglio
    Pitchside: Sonya McLauglin & Serge Betsen

RTE Two & RTE Two HD
    Commentators: Hugh Cahill & Frankie Sheahan
  • Options
    LanarkianLanarkian Posts: 7,568
    Forum Member
    I believe the commentators for the host nation broadcaster (France 2) are Mattieu Lartot and Fabien Galthier. Not a happy-sounding pair at present.
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC One & BBC One HD
    With: Jeremy Guscott, Thomas Castaignede & Jonathan Davies
    Analyst: Lawrence Dallaglio
    Pitchside: Sonya McLauglin & Serge Betsen

RTE Two & RTE Two HD
    Commentators: Hugh Cahill & Frankie Sheahan

Sorry to be a pendant but it's Sonja not Sonya.

Eddie Butler is superb for me
  • Options
    Alex2606Alex2606 Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Northampton Saints V Scarlets (LV= Cup Semi Final)

S4C - Sarra Elgan hosting from Franklins Gardens, with Dafydd Jones there to provide build up and analysis. Commentary is from Wyn Gruffydd and Derwyn Jones, whilst Rhodri Davies is pitchside reporter, who has turned up expecting the temperature to turn cold suddenly.

James Gemmill was with Pat Sanderson and Scott Quinell on Sky Sports with Mark Robson and Ieuan Evans commentating, not sure if there was a reporter.

On the athletics front Martin Gillingham was commentating on the Top 14 on Saturday for ESPN so in the patches I saw Tim Hutchings was flying solo for Eurosport in Istanbul, was this the case all day?