Options

ITVBe coming to Freeview

Comments

• Options
    leslie123leslie123 Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what numpty thought up that name. What does the "Be" stand for? Why don't they do something really useful like bring back Granada Plus?
  • Options
    BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leslie123 wrote: »
    What does the "Be" stand for?
    I think it is supposed to be 'Better Entertainment', no don't laugh.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    I was thinking they should have two French Open matches on at the same time for more choice.

Totally agree - which is why I prefer Eurosports two court TV coverage supported by their online player with up to 6 courts.

If you are going to cover a grand slam - you need more than one stream.

I really don't see though however why ITV would base their channels on where they might show two weeks of the French open.

Any update on what BE stands for - *B******ks from Essex?'
  • Options
    Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just noticed there's a 30 minute slot where the EPG doesn't state 'No Information available' but is an a 'ITVBe coming soon' (5:30-6:00).

I suppose this is to show what programmes are to be on here?
  • Options
    eladkseeladkse Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed there's a 30 minute slot where the EPG doesn't state 'No Information available' but is an a 'ITVBe coming soon' (5:30-6:00).

I suppose this is to show what programmes are to be on here?

05:30 - 06:00 is when ITVBe is currently 'on-air'. In order to preserve their channel number, ITV have to actually broadcast something on the channel. They do this regularly with their other placeholder channels - like ITV4 +1. I imagine it's just a fancier holding card.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now if ITV were smart, Having ITV2 as there equivalent of BBC2/BBC4 would be interesting.

You've probably just given them the next new named channel... itv smart. Coz all you do with a be is tell it too buzz off!
  • Options
    POLO 1POLO 1 Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    Perhaps it's short for ITV Bleurgh?:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What channel number is it on Freeview please?
  • Options
    GamerGirlGamerGirl Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this ITVBe channel is for the likes of TOWIE I think I'll pass, thanks. I may be female but I don't watch any of the 'reality' crap and especially crap like that!

May have to delete that channel along with all the usual shopping, quest, challenge and others of similar ilk that are not allowed to live on my TV.
  • Options
    kasgkasg Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dubsj wrote: »
    What channel number is it on Freeview please?

26, already broadcasting an MHEG placeholder.
  • Options
    kasgkasg Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GamerGirl wrote: »
    May have to delete that channel along with all the usual shopping, quest, challenge and others of similar ilk that are not allowed to live on my TV.
    Good grief, if you even delete Quest and Challenge you can't be left with much!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Any update on what BE stands for - *B******ks from Essex?'
    The official meaning is 'Better entertainment' so I read on an ITV website somewhere. Whether it will be remains to be seen.
  • Options
    Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Bizman wrote: »
    The official meaning is 'Better entertainment' so I read on an ITV website somewhere. Whether it will be remains to be seen.

By their own deduction the rest of their 'entertainment' is tat...
  • Options
    Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a channel that I will ver watch but at least it will mean all of the fake reality tat that is currently on ITV2 will now have it's channel.
  • Options
    Secret-SquirrelSecret-Squirrel Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leslie123 wrote: »
    I wonder what numpty thought up that name. What does the "Be" stand for? Why don't they do something really useful like bring back Granada Plus?
    I thought that was where ITV4 came from as it's basically a man's channel.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV4 is just sport with repeats.
  • Options
    BangersBangers Posts: 3,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV4 is more like the old Men & Motors.

ITV3 is basically what Granada Plus was like.
  • Options
    phildunk1986phildunk1986 Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At present ITV Be is broadcasting a preview loop between 05.30 - 06.00. This space is shared with CITV through the day and ITV3+1 in the evenings until midnight then The Store between midnight until 04.00 then ITV4+1 between 04.00 - 05.30.

I think from 8th October ITV Be will occupy the 24 hour slot used for ITV2+1. Then ITV2+1 will be reduced to an evening service time sharing with CITV replacing ITV3+1. ITV may find additional space for ITV3+1 as a SD service on COM7 the new HD commercial multiplex which can only be received by Freeview HD TV sets and boxes.
  • Options
    Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The EPG now has programming on ITVBe from Wednesday. Maybe some kind of testing going on (in terms of the EPG, rather than on-screen stuff)?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The EPG now has programming on ITVBe from Wednesday. Maybe some kind of testing going on (in terms of the EPG, rather than on-screen stuff)?
    I think it is testing as the programmes seem to loop the same ones over & over and are all from other channels, oh hang on, isn't Freeview just like that anyway!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have had a look using a decent EPG and there appears to be the same 7 programmes and same episodes repeated. Obviously these programmes won't be aired on the date & time shown and hence are purely a test.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well IVTBe kicks off with the following:
    Welcome to ITVBe
    The Only Way Is Essex
    Ladies of London
    Celebrity Dinner Date

Nothing new there then, although they are advertised as 'new series'.
  • Options
    Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This channel launches today at 7pm.
  • Options
    Secret-SquirrelSecret-Squirrel Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone worked out what the Be means?

Suggestions on a postcard...

Bitching empire?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone worked out what the Be means?

Suggestions on a postcard...

Bitching empire?
    I posted some while ago that it meant 'Better entertainment' - saw it on one of their websites. No further comment!