Options

Nicki Minaj already turning into Lil Kim.

Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
Forum Member
Its far too early on in her career for bitterness.

but she clearly does not like Iggy Azaelia and its no doubt because Iggy has had more successful hits than her this year.

and i can see friction already with the upcoming EMA's where Nicki is nominated in the same categories as Nicki.

i still remember her bizarre rant at the BET awards.

i do love nicki, but im praying she stops the bitter talk before it gets ugly.
this is what made Lil Kim look old and washed up when Nicki first came on the scene

Comments

• Options
    Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't almost every Nicki song an attack or reply to Lil Kim? I can count more Nicki songs that are about Kim than the other way around. In reality, they're both very childish but Nicki is very catty & keeps the "feud" alive via her beautifully hand written songs.

I do sort of like Nicki...well I liked Pink Friday, LOATHED the follow up (the one with roman holiday on, reloaded? I dunno). I prefer her songs like 'moment 4 life' and 'your love' tbh.
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she copies Lil Kim, I think it's more a demonstration of how shallow and unoriginal she is as an artist.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I like Nicki but I have to be honest I found it so ironic and catty that she decided to waste time shading Iggy during her BET awards acceptance speech.

This is the woman who has spoke about not feeling good enough for the industry and always has to defend herself against the haters and people shading her yet she did the exact same to Iggy when she couldn't help having a dig about her not writing her own lyrics. Talk about hypocritical. I mean she's spent most of her career being accused of ripping off Lil Kim.

It's the same with a lot of these stars who have been around a while. Instead of embracing new talent they seem to have this chip on their shoulders about anyone being compared to them or being the "new" version of themselves. They should take it as a compliment. Mariah Carey is the worst. The woman is a legend, yet anyone who is younger and prettier and dared to be compared to her, she seems to really get the hump, despite having once been in that situation herself (when people compared her to Whitney when she first came on the scene)

I have a lot more respect for the predecessors who welcome new talent rather than act so childish and catty because they're clearly threatened.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iggy has had two hits and an album that hasn't even been certified.

Nicki has had several hits, two platinum albums and a few grammys noms. She is also a better rapper and songwriter. She is also highly respected among her genre.

I very much doubt Nicki has a problem. Iggy is just the flavor of the moment. A bit of a wannabe. A popstar, trying to cover up as a rapper.

However Lil Kim and Minaj are as bad as each other in their long running fued.
  • Options
    StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iggy Azalea is also a racist which is quite ironic for a woman succeeding in the rap world. I imagine Minaj doesnt like her for that reason but is too professional to directly call her out on it. Nicki is actually very intelligent if you see some of the things she says in interviews.

I also think that everyone doesnt have to get on, just because they're in the public eye. I suppose both being in the music industry, Nicki and Iggy are colleagues, in a way, and Nicki just happens to not get on with this girl and doesnt necessarily want to sugar-coat it or hide from that fact (maybe to avoid calls for a collaboration with her from their respective fans). I think you can hold a belief that women should be more successful and get more attention in the industry in principle without having to suck up or pretend to be friends with every other woman that's there. The same way you can, I don't know, be a Christian or Jewish but that doesnt mean you like and get on with every other Christian or Jewish person that you know.

I agree about the Lil Kim thing; I don't know who started that, but again, I think being clear that you don't get on with someone just makes it crystal clear to your record company and your fans that you don't want to work with that person; which I think in an industry like rap/hip-hop that thrives on multi-artist collaborations is probably an important point to make.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iggy Azalea is also a racist which is quite ironic for a woman succeeding in the rap world. I imagine Minaj doesnt like her for that reason but is too professional to directly call her out on it. Nicki is actually very intelligent if you see some of the things she says in interviews.

I also think that everyone doesnt have to get on, just because they're in the public eye. I suppose both being in the music industry, Nicki and Iggy are colleagues, in a way, and Nicki just happens to not get on with this girl and doesnt necessarily want to sugar-coat it or hide from that fact (maybe to avoid calls for a collaboration with her from their respective fans). I think you can hold a belief that women should be more successful and get more attention in the industry in principle without having to suck up or pretend to be friends with every other woman that's there. The same way you can, I don't know, be a Christian or Jewish but that doesnt mean you like and get on with every other Christian or Jewish person that you know.

I agree about the Lil Kim thing; I don't know who started that, but again, I think being clear that you don't get on with someone just makes it crystal clear to your record company and your fans that you don't want to work with that person; which I think in an industry like rap/hip-hop that thrives on multi-artist collaborations is probably an important point to make.

What evidence do you have to say she is a racist?
    Not being funny but very curious to know that is all. Like to learn more:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    What evidence do you have to say she is a racist?
    Not being funny but very curious to know that is all. Like to learn more:)

When I typed her name into Google, the word racist followed. I've heard people refer to her as one before, but I didn't think it would immediately pop up on Google:

http://piggyazalea.tumblr.com/post/79429483572/sharkeisha-a-lot-of-people-are-still-asking-me

She seems a bit homophobic too. I think some people are arguing that she's not racist, simply ignorant. Either way, she's a bitch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    I used to like Nicki but I've gone way of her in the past couple of years. She seems to have an incredibly inflated sense of her own success and influence and although I'm not a fan of iggy, her attitude towards her is so tacky.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissMarvel wrote: »
    When I typed her name into Google, the word racist followed. I've heard people refer to her as one before, but I didn't think it would immediately pop up on Google:

http://piggyazalea.tumblr.com/post/79429483572/sharkeisha-a-lot-of-people-are-still-asking-me

She seems a bit homophobic too. I think some people are arguing that she's not racist, simply ignorant. Either way, she's a bitch.

Oh lord. What horrendous posts
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicki has had constant comparisons between her and Lil kim since day one.
    They are trying to replace nikki with iggy and thats why she dosnt like her.
    lord jamar of brand nubian sums it up quite well.
    On Iggy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyql_BxdCSY
    On Nicki
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pPoFwvFe7E
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicki isn't a happy lady