Can't receive some radio channels

east_boy_16east_boy_16 Posts: 3,981
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Since KISS and the like have moved up to 793 etc, I can't seem to get them on Freeview anymore. I've tried several rescans on my Freeview TV and YouView box and I just get the message "If you're seeing this message on Channel 713 then you need to rescan".

I'm definitely using channel 793 as 713 doesn't exist. Any solutions?

Comments

• EEPhilEEPhil Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Since KISS and the like have moved up to 793 etc, I can't seem to get them on Freeview anymore. I've tried several rescans on my Freeview TV and YouView box and I just get the message "If you're seeing this message on Channel 713 then you need to rescan".

I'm definitely using channel 793 as 713 doesn't exist. Any solutions?

Sounds to me as though you need to do a complete factory reset style rescan. That is one that deletes all channels and then does a scan and not one that just adds new channels to the existing list.
    The radio channels such as KISS are on 713 if you've rescanned properly and not on 793.

Earlier this month the rescan to put Childrens/News in their new positions should have also duplicated KISS etc. To confuse you - the KISS you used to listen to on 713 moved to 793 and got a "If you're seeing this message" whilst a replacement KISS on another multiplex took over 713. Now that the old versions have been turned off, only the message is left on 793, but you should be able to listen on 713.
  • east_boy_16east_boy_16 Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EEPhil wrote: »
    Sounds to me as though you need to do a complete factory reset style rescan. That is one that deletes all channels and then does a scan and not one that just adds new channels to the existing list.
    The radio channels such as KISS are on 713 if you've rescanned properly and not on 793.

Earlier this month the rescan to put Childrens/News in their new positions should have also duplicated KISS etc. To confuse you - the KISS you used to listen to on 713 moved to 793 and got a "If you're seeing this message" whilst a replacement KISS on another multiplex took over 713. Now that the old versions have been turned off, only the message is left on 793, but you should be able to listen on 713.
    Thanks for your help, I'll give it a go!