What is the temperature of your living room?

jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We live in warmer climes most of the year but are in the UK at the moment staying with my MIL. Thinking it would be very cold here bought a fleece full length dressing gown and Ugg like slippers and they are still in my case.
Most of the time her living room is 73F - is this excessive?
I am finding it most uncomfortable and have to go upstairs where I have turned down the radiators.
Can't ask her to turn it down as it is her house and she can afford to keep it at that heat but just wondered what others think is a comfortable heat.

Comments

• SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    20c...
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually speak in C but her thermometer is in F

73 F = 22.7 C so then it is too hot.
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    At present it's about 24 degrees (haven't a clue what 73 means). It's annoying as we've turned the thermostat down from 20 to 18.5. We're still bedding in underfloor heating so it hasn't all stabilised yet. It's far too hot!
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have an internal gauge and throw stuff off when I get too warm, I doubt I could live in heat of over 70 degrees
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    20.3c....could do with it a bit warmer tbh
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I grew up in a very cold house, and I'm comfortable at temperatures that most people seem to think are too cold. I can bear 20C but 22 would be way too hot for me. Our office is always way too hot - everyone else is there with little heaters blowing on their feet on top of the central heating, and I'm in the coldest spot in the office (near the gappy window) and I'm still too hot.

At home I'm comfortable with my living room between about 16 and 18C. This morning it was down to 12 though, and even I was cold!
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right now it's 19C
  • flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its currently 73 in my living room. I wouldn't say it's too hot though because when it drops below that I can feel the chill in the air. 70 is about the lowest I can bear before I start to feel cold.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Usually about 17 - 19c. It tends to be almost 25c in my grandparents' houses, which causes a bit of a culture shock when I visit :D
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heating just gone off for the night so its about 25C
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Probably 22-23? The radiator is on.
  • wackywwackyw Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old people eh? They seem to live in unbearable temperatures, but we'll be the same one day :) I ripped out my central heating 6 yrs ago and haven't got round to replacing it yet. I stick a single 750W oil filled panel on when it gets cold, but haven't done so yet this autumn. Haven't got a thermometer, might get one tho as I would be interested know.
  • omeletpercyomeletpercy Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    17-19. Older house
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am old - my MIL is 90 so maybe that is why she has it so hot.

She has just gone to bed so I have opened all the inside doors and it is great. It is really giving me a headache and making me feel sleepy sitting in this heat.
    Have had all the checks done and everything is fine so it is just her that needs it so hot.
  • ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    17c.

Perfect temperature ^_^
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't own a thermometer so I have no idea. I'm comfy though.
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    22C have a solid fuel stove the other rooms are freezing though:o We have CH but don't use it that much. It's an old house with massive, thick walls so holds the heat well.
  • bostin_austinbostin_austin Posts: 810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have the heating on at 23 degrees constantly. Cosy, but not too hot.
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea not bothered. Just whack the heating or fire on when cold (never cold) and turn it off when hot. Simple!
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very hot at the moment
  • wackywwackyw Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazzyjazzy wrote: »
    I am old - my MIL is 90 so maybe that is why she has it so hot.

She has just gone to bed so I have opened all the inside doors and it is great. It is really giving me a headache and making me feel sleepy sitting in this heat.
    Have had all the checks done and everything is fine so it is just her that needs it so hot.

I soooo know the feeling, when I visit my mother I have to get out of the house every hour or so. And if I do an overnight stay I have to leave the bedroom window wide open !! I've broken out into a sweat thinking about it, got a couple of months to brace myself before Xmas when I will feel it for real :D
  • flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we do not have double glazeing here so yesterday it was an average of 20 C today its 22 C and friday it was 20 C and falling !
    Wish we had central heating but our landlord gave us those horid thermostat things that supopose to be cheaper to run after midnight..
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cold. That's all I know.
  • eulenspiegeleulenspiegel Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    17c.

Perfect temperature ^_^

I agree. Mine's about the same: I can't stand it too hot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    29º at the moment.