Options

"Your comment has triggered the spam filter"

DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
Forum Member
✭✭
Huh? Is DS' spam filter being overly sensitive? For example, on this page about the Xbox 360 & Xbox One, I was simply trying to post the following. What gives?

For years, read 'year', like with the Xbox being quickly dropped.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a505525/xbox-360-will-be-supported-for-years-to-come-says-microsoft.html

Comments

• Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    Huh? Is DS' spam filter being overly sensitive? For example, on this page about the Xbox 360 & Xbox One, I was simply trying to post the following. What gives?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a505525/xbox-360-will-be-supported-for-years-to-come-says-microsoft.html

Posting a mere 'one-liner' and a URL is often a tell-tale sign of spam. I would have guessed that might be why it was picked up..?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    Posting a mere 'one-liner' and a URL is often a tell-tale sign of spam. I would have guessed that might be why it was picked up..?

No, the URL was the page I was trying to post it on. The one-line comment was in response to the article.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I trigger the spam filter no matter what! It's so annoying, lighten up DS. :(
  • Options
    JayJay Posts: 244
    Administrator

Our spam filter is indeed being a bit too sensitive - sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our tech team are investigating.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish the Facebook spam filter could be a bit more sensitive.
  • Options
    Beady Eye 2013Beady Eye 2013 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    What is a spam filter?
  • Options
    Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's like a spam fritter with different letters.
  • Options
    MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a spam fritter with alphabet pasta?

That would be nice if it was veganisable.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is a spam filter?

It's like a beef curtain.
  • Options
    Beady Eye 2013Beady Eye 2013 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Beef curtain! Goodness now I know that is rude I just don't know how.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    I wish the Facebook spam filter could be a bit more sensitive.

Not to mention the twitter filter, which should filter out 100%. If I want to know what somebody twatted, I'll join tweeter and follow them!
  • Options
    goldframedoorgoldframedoor Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you end up having to type a CAPTCHA code when it the spam filer is triggered? It's just that on some websites I have posted comments on, it has sometimes accused me of spamming and prompted me to type in a CAPTCHA code to continue, whereas other times, it lets me post the comment I typed without prompting for a CAPTCHA code.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jay Seery wrote: »
    Our spam filter is indeed being a bit too sensitive - sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our tech team are investigating.

Ta muchly for the info.
    Do you end up having to type a CAPTCHA code when it the spam filer is triggered? It's just that on some websites I have posted comments on, it has sometimes accused me of spamming and prompted me to type in a CAPTCHA code to continue, whereas other times, it lets me post the comment I typed without prompting for a CAPTCHA code.

Nope, but I know Youtube does that if you post too many comments, which is fair enough as it stops bots from spamming a comments page.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's still happening, although now it says I've triggered the profanity filter, even when I haven't used any swear words.

Any update on this, DS?
  • Options
    PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay Seery wrote: »
    Our tech team are investigating.

There is a tech team?! Can you get them to fix the search system whilst they are at it?