Options

Netflix UK List Help

Hi all,

Sorry if this is something that has been answered elsewhere before, but I'm having trouble with something on Netflix and can't seem to figure it out.

A friend of mine has a Netflix UK account like I do and streams through their PS3 like I do. When they're browsing netflix on their PS3 and click on a title, they have the option to watch it or add it to a list, a list that then appears at the bottom of the screen with their choices of stuff to watch at a later date.

I've tried deleting and re-installing Netflix on a number of occassions but I still can't seem to get this option to appear. Does anyone have any advice? I've been looking online for answers and can't seem to find any.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I've got Instant Queue on my account, but I think it may be something that's being rolled out gradually.
    Are you able to add different profiles to your account?
    If not try this link and add another profile and see if that then gives you access to the instant queue feature https://movies.netflix.com/EditProfiles
  • Options
    wakeywakey Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChrisToria wrote: »
    Hi all,

Sorry if this is something that has been answered elsewhere before, but I'm having trouble with something on Netflix and can't seem to figure it out.

A friend of mine has a Netflix UK account like I do and streams through their PS3 like I do. When they're browsing netflix on their PS3 and click on a title, they have the option to watch it or add it to a list, a list that then appears at the bottom of the screen with their choices of stuff to watch at a later date.

I've tried deleting and re-installing Netflix on a number of occassions but I still can't seem to get this option to appear. Does anyone have any advice? I've been looking online for answers and can't seem to find any.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Its a feature that used to only be enabled if your account was created on the US site.

There have been rumours of it being added to all other regions but using a different name as apparently they feel Queue has the wrong conatations in Europe (Queue indicating having to wait more in Europe than it indicates in the US). Gonzo has posted before that he has it and it may be being rolled out alongside profiles but I haven't seen anyone but Gonzo mention that it has appeared and Gonzo is calling it Instant Queue so perhaps its been added to his account by mistake rather than being a wide rollout.

Certainly cheating your way to profiles with the link doesn't enable it as that doesn't cause the upgrade to be applied it just adds a backdoor
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wakey wrote: »
    Its a feature that used to only be enabled if your account was created on the US site.

There have been rumours of it being added to all other regions but using a different name as apparently they feel Queue has the wrong conatations in Europe (Queue indicating having to wait more in Europe than it indicates in the US). Gonzo has posted before that he has it and it may be being rolled out alongside profiles but I haven't seen anyone but Gonzo mention that it has appeared and Gonzo is calling it Instant Queue so perhaps its been added to his account by mistake rather than being a wide rollout.

Via the web browser it seems to be called 'List' and via Windows 8 app,Wii & iOS it's called Instant Queue.
    I can't for the life of me figure out why it's on mine and nobody else's within these forums.
  • Options
    BigBadJimmyBigBadJimmy Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In case people are still wondering, I saw on Engadget today that "List" is being rolled out from today worldwide - maybe when the new profiles have finished rolling out, if they haven't already...?
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for completing my post, Gonzo! I probably shouldn't have been so lazy...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for completing my post, Gonzo! I probably shouldn't have been so lazy...

No probs, here's a video too :)
    http://youtu.be/HJDphQlhnaw
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My List is now showing up on my iPhone and Wii.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strangely enough its not working for me on the website when accessing the US version. Works on all my other devices though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know how My List works when switching between regions?

ie. If I add something to My List on US Netflix will it also appear on My List when I log in to UK Netflix? (Presumably when something isn't available in a certain region it definitely wouldn't appear in My List...?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ie. If I add something to My List on US Netflix will it also appear on My List when I log in to UK Netflix? (Presumably when something isn't available in a certain region it definitely wouldn't appear in My List...?)

Different lists for each region
  • Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not showing up on WDTV live. completely useless they are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazb wrote: »

I would guess that like Roku devices WDTV apps aren't HTML5 based so pushing the updates is slower for certain features to be implemented.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dazb wrote: »

Be patient, Netflix said its being rolled out to all within the next 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seems to differ between regions as if you have a list on the US and Canada has those same particular shows/films in their library then they will show up in your list.