The Most Annoying DJ..Is?

occyoccy Posts: 65,128
Forum Member
✭✭
A survey of 2000 UK adults to find out the nation’s favourite car entertainment has voted Nick Grimshaw as the most annoying DJ.

The Radio 1 presenter got 21% of the votes, followed by Radio 2′s Chris Evans on 16% and Sara Cox on 12%. Chris Moyles came in joint 4th with Steve Wright, even though the former hasn’t been on-air for the last 18 months.

http://radiotoday.co.uk/2014/04/grimmers-voted-most-annoying-radio-host/

Chris Evans shouts.

Comments

• jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stephen Nolan or as they say on %Live Steve Nolan

Closely followed by Grimshaw ....whats the point and

Richard Madley on Radio 2 on a Sat morning
  • Ian_ScottIan_Scott Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Any shouty presenter on any station, screaming out a liner card.

That should add a hundred or so to the list n:)
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think they are annoying as you should switch off and they are paid too talk, depends what they talk about is interesting which could be the annoying part of the show. The producers of the shows bring in ideas too add features which listeners get annoyed about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are the BBC DJs getting targeted?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Why are the BBC DJs getting targeted?

Because the survery might as well be 'Which DJ's are you aware of?'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's like the same old papers photographing the Radio 2 DJS what they look like now.
  • Ethan RayneEthan Rayne Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moyles, CoC and former Real XS drive time presenter Mark Matthews, complete moron, no empathy with his target audience.
  • CeeOCeeO Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patrick Kielty (Although 'DJ' used in the loosest sense of the word).
  • steve wsteve w Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    They obviously hadn't heard Max on Capital ... but then why would they! Her target audience are all tucked up in bed ready for Junior school whilst she's on during the week.
  • dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moyles, CoC and former Real XS drive time presenter Mark Matthews, complete moron, no empathy with his target audience.

I bet you preferred the person who did the show before Mark ;-)
  • Ethan RayneEthan Rayne Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dpb wrote: »
    I bet you preferred the person who did the show before Mark ;-)

The 3 presenters who left to go to Team Rock were infinitely better that the Moron, they understood the Rock audience and talked with the listeners, the other Jocks on Real xs (after all this time I still despise that name and branding) although not of the same mind set as Moose, Dews and Rach didn't patronise the listeners, but the moron had no idea, he constantly talked down to the listeners, he's not missed, good riddance.
  • thelockupthelockup Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Grimshaw followed by Grimshaw, then Grimshaw, and Grimshaw.

i seriously think the guy is an idiot. and thats politly put.

how he ever got a job on R1 in the first place amazes me. i could do a better job and i have no talent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    CeeO wrote: »
    Patrick Kielty (Although 'DJ' used in the loosest sense of the word).

Agree, and he especially annoyed me today on the Steve Wright show, as he followed the BBC bias against UKIP by making snide remarks about the party. Keilty and the BBC should accept the fact that UKIP is gaining more followers every day, and it's not wise to to continually insult your audience.
  • speigelspeigel Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy Bush on absolute, you just aren't funny mate!
  • reverse_diodereverse_diode Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    speigel wrote: »
    Andy Bush on absolute, you just aren't funny mate!

Agreed. I notice he tweeted something derogatory about DS posters a few weeks back :p
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Wright and his moronic sidekick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeremy Vine he is a complete waste of space
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Facebook group/campaign to get Grimmy off the breakfast show is hilarious.

He's unprofessional and deeply unfunny.
  • ShimanoShimano Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That talentless waste of oxygen Kielty who we have to endure YET AGAIN on Radio 2 this week. I thought the BBC would have used someone popular with talent for such a prime slot.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shimano wrote: »
    That talentless waste of oxygen Kielty who we have to endure YET AGAIN on Radio 2 this week. I thought the BBC would have used someone popular with talent for such a prime slot.

You are aware you DON'T have to "endure" anything aren't you?

I actually find Kielty to be a refreshing change from Steve love the show Wright. At least we don't hear Carlley Rae Jepson and bloody Rhianna every day.
  • AL89AL89 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keilty, Patrick Keilty he has to go, he is neither a good presenter, funny or entertaining why do they keep digging this man up. I know its been discussed so many times , who has the final say, whoever suggested him in the first place must have been deaf.

I would like the BBC to offer Simon Bates this cover slot even he has got to be better.
  • andrew1973andrew1973 Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toby Blandstis, I don't listen to Heart anyway (tried but it's not really radio, it's clearly a station that is waiting for technology to catch up so they can sack all the DJs and have them replaced by robots since most of the DJs seem to act like robots already!) but on the rare occasions that I have, Toby has me screaming at the radio out of frustration, man, just bloody say something interesting and meaningful!
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In any poll to find Britain's most annoying DJ Steve Wright should be automatically excluded from the outset otherwise no-one else would really stand a chance of getting the title.
  • Jonathan1990Jonathan1990 Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kind of find Cristian O Connel annoying and worst was his show was also on the other 6 Absolute stations merged up. I'm not sure weather it is now. I used to be releved when Absolute 80s came on at 10am back in 2008 when it began.
  • ShimanoShimano Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AL89 wrote: »
    Keilty, Patrick Keilty he has to go, he is neither a good presenter, funny or entertaining why do they keep digging this man up. I know its been discussed so many times , who has the final say, whoever suggested him in the first place must have been deaf.

I would like the BBC to offer Simon Bates this cover slot even he has got to be better.

Agree. Terrible today as ever, and to top it off 'interviewing' the dire talentless Kelly Brook who answers every question either with 'ya know what...' or that pathetic annoying laugh. Radio 2 score a fat zero this afternoon for programme quality.