International foods

Hi, i have been really wanting to try some culturally different foods lately and was just wondering what suggestions y'all had

Comments

• alan29alan29 Posts: 34,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Different from what?
    British, French, Italian, Greek, Indian, Chinese, Thai, Moroccan?
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd kill for good British grub when we eat out.
    If only I could find it.
  • grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried Korean? There's quite a lot around now.
  • CherumanCheruman Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you tried Korean? There's quite a lot around now.

I've heard it's the dog's bollocks.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheruman wrote: »
    I've heard it's the dog's bollocks.

LOL, that made me chuckle.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you fancy trying something a little different pop down to your local Oriental food store, you will find a variety of meats, seafood, dim sum, vegetables, drinks etc that you won't find at most big supermarkets.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you fancy trying something a little different pop down to your local Oriental food store, you will find a variety of meats, seafood, dim sum, vegetables, drinks etc that you won't find at most big supermarkets.

We have cult followings for all sorts of exotic oriental Pot Noodle equivalents around here.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member
    I'd kill for good British grub when we eat out.
    If only I could find it.

Where do you live?
  • Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    What about witchetty grubs on a bed of savoy cabbage, served alongside some chick peas, carrots and a white wine sauce?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about witchetty grubs ?

Free range or factory farmed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plenty of Polish shops here selling their food, just had another one opened up for goodness shake.

How many more do we need? No wonder people call that part of town little Poland.
    Forum Member
    noise747 wrote: »
    Plenty of Polish shops here selling their food, just had another one opened up for goodness shake.

How many more do we need? No wonder people call that part of town little Poland.

Why does it bother you so much?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does it bother you so much?

Because they seem to be taking over and all the shops that have been done for selling illegal Cigarettes in this town have been these shops and then our stupid council decide to give one of the ones that been done a booze licence.

I also prefer to have more local shops in our city, selling more local food. sometimes it is difficult to hear anyone who speak English around that area.

Not against people coming here, but we have gone too far and now allow anyone to come in and there is nothing we can do to stop it, because the corrupted EU says we got to let them in.

I know what people are going to say, that I am racist, but I am not, i will get on with any one where ether they are from, well most of them anyway as long as I can see their face. I also got friends from different countries. but we do need to stand back and halt this stampede of people coming here.

In this city alone our Hospital is at breaking point, Schools with kids that can only just about speak English. Houses being built, loads of them, in places they should not be built.
    It have nothing to do with more children being born, that is a load of propaganda this government and do gooders want us to hear. It is the amount of people we let into this country.
    Forum Member
    Free range or factory farmed?

Oh, free range. The conditions battery grubs are kept in is so abhorrent, I'd never buy them. They're also pumped full of steroids and antibiotics, so you don't even know what you're eating.
    Forum Member
    Because they seem to be taking over and all the shops that have been done for selling illegal Cigarettes in this town have been these shops and then our stupid council decide to give one of the ones that been done a booze licence.

I also prefer to have more local shops in our city, selling more local food. sometimes it is difficult to hear anyone who speak English around that area.

Not against people coming here, but we have gone too far and now allow anyone to come in and there is nothing we can do to stop it, because the corrupted EU says we got to let them in.

I know what people are going to say, that I am racist, but I am not, i will get on with any one where ether they are from, well most of them anyway as long as I can see their face. I also got friends from different countries. but we do need to stand back and halt this stampede of people coming here.

In this city alone our Hospital is at breaking point, Schools with kids that can only just about speak English. Houses being built, loads of them, in places they should not be built.
    It have nothing to do with more children being born, that is a load of propaganda this government and do gooders want us to hear. It is the amount of people we let into this country.

Is that you Nigel?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So who or what is stopping "local" English speaking entrepreneurs opening up shops??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So who or what is stopping "local" English speaking entrepreneurs opening up shops??

Our council, they charge so much for rates it seems local people can't afford to open shops.

Almost every one of these polish, international type shops here have been done for selling illegal tobacco and yet they are given fines and a slap on the wrist, I also notice they change owners a lot. Normally when they been raided. nut they are still all linked.

It is time these shops was closed down if they can not keep within the law and send their owners back to their own country. But no, we are not allowed to because we are run by the EU and Germany says no. What Germany says we must do.

Pathetic country this is, we can not even do what we want without the US or Germany poking their noses in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our council, they charge so much for rates it seems local people can't afford to open shops.

Almost every one of these polish, international type shops here have been done for selling illegal tobacco and yet they are given fines and a slap on the wrist, I also notice they change owners a lot. Normally when they been raided. nut they are still all linked.

It is time these shops was closed down if they can not keep within the law and send their owners back to their own country. But no, we are not allowed to because we are run by the EU and Germany says no. What Germany says we must do.

Pathetic country this is, we can not even do what we want without the US or Germany poking their noses in.
    So all of the small shops in your area are run by immigrants who afford the rates by breaking the law?
    If the shops were closed down and the owners "sent home" who'd step up to replace them?
    Forum Member
    Oh, noise747 is a character, isn't he.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Erm this forum is about food and drink, we have a politics section for this kind of rant.

Lets stick on topic and help out the OP. What international foods would you recommend?
    Forum Member

You know you say you're not a racist? Well i'm not convinced.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member

They didn't last five minutes here. We only have one Polish shop which has lastest the longest. Most things they sell in it, one can buy in a supermarket.
  • Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm this forum is about food and drink, we have a politics section for this kind of rant.

Lets stick on topic and help out the OP. What international foods would you recommend?

He probably doesn't eat international food. Damn international food coming into our country and stealing the job of being eaten from English food. There's Yorkshire puddings crying out to be eaten but just being ignored because of some Taramasalata.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Jambo_c wrote: »
    He probably doesn't eat international food. Damn international food coming into our country and stealing the job of being eaten from English food. There's Yorkshire puddings crying out to be eaten but just being ignored because of some Taramasalata.

There is no such thing as English food. Evidence suggests the Romans brought Yorkshire Puddings over.
  • Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no such thing as English food. Evidence suggests the Romans brought Yorkshire Puddings over.

Even worse! Damn Romans, coming to our country and stealing jobs from English road builders!