Twin girls attacked by fox in their bedroom

HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Just saw this story on twitter, very disturbing.
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First jonathan king, now Dr Fox.....think of the children, hang a DJ!

:eek: :D:D
  • WokStationWokStation Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A very unusual and very sad story. They never mentioned if they caught the fox or not...
  • The SnakesThe Snakes Posts: 8,940
    Forum Member
    I knew this would happen sooner or later. Foxes are becoming more and more fearless since hunting ended. Sooner or later they will kill a baby. Then people won't think they are so "cute".
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EVIL BASTARDS... THEY SHOULD BRING BACK HUNTING :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RussellIan wrote: »
    EVIL BASTARDS... THEY SHOULD BRING BACK HUNTING :mad: :mad: :mad:

I can't decide if this is sarcastic comedy or genuine, but it works either way.
  • Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some foxes are so arrogant. I caught one in my bin the other day - broad daylight - and it didn't even flinch when I tried to shoo it away. It sat there, practically grinning. I've never known one to be viscious though, and though my dog is a wuss, they do run from him.

Something about this story smells fishy to me though.....but I am a cynic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Snakes wrote: »
    I knew this would happen sooner or later. Foxes are becoming more and more fearless since hunting ended. Sooner or later they will kill a baby. Then people won't think they are so "cute".

That'll be the famous North London hunt then :rolleyes:

What a load of rubbish. Bloody muslim foxes, eh? Coming over here, all fearless like, be taking our jobs next.
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had a fox in my garden and I live in an urban area. Frightening. Poor little mites.
  • JoHoJoHo Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You failed to mention they were toddlers and vulnerable
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dangerous vermin.

It's high time the authorities cleansed our cities of these disease-ridden, scavenging pests.

Perhaps they could catch them live and use them to satisfy the needs of the country folk who want a return to hunting.
  • ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    The RSPCA inspector said he hadn't heard of such a case, yet the police do not find it suspicious. Two babies were mauled, and presumably it happened without either of their cries raising any immediate alarm?

There is no record of attacks where a human has been left seriously injured until this weekend's attack.

Maybe I'm wrong, but as presented I can't help but wonder if there's some element missing from this story.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There seems to be no evidence of this, no one else mentions seeing or photographing the fox and there is to be no investigation.
    Under those circumstances we will never know if it was a fox or something else.

Foxes are not known for unprovoked attacks on children.

I remain cynical in the absence of further proof.
    IMO rats would be much more likely.
    No evidence of any forensic investigation of the nature of the bites i.e rodent or carnivore dentition.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't help where people are feeding them, a neighbour of ours has three he feeds they have been visiting him since they were cubs. Completely hand tame to him and very confident around humans - he is moving soon and they are not used to finding food themselves I don't think it was a sensible thing to start really. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    i have been scared of foxes ever since i saw that advert with the fox speaking in the ad breaks during jeremy kyle
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,832
    Forum Member
    It does seem very odd. Rightly or wrongly, the first thing that popped into my mind was "a dingo ate my baby"...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    batista wrote: »
    i have been scared of foxes ever since i saw that advert with the fox speaking in the ad breaks during jeremy kyle

And the Speckled Hen ones that bookend Dave shows?
  • malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    afx237vi wrote: »
    It does seem very odd. Rightly or wrongly, the first thing that popped into my mind was "a dingo ate my baby"...

Hmmmmmmmm... I'm inclined to agree.
  • Pyramid*Pyramid* Posts: 4,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ribtickle wrote: »
    The RSPCA inspector said he hadn't heard of such a case, yet the police do not find it suspicious. Two babies were mauled, and presumably it happened without either of their cries raising any immediate alarm?

There is no record of attacks where a human has been left seriously injured until this weekend's attack.

Maybe I'm wrong, but as presented I can't help but wonder if there's some element missing from this story.

It does sound like there's something not quite right with the story. Surely the parents would have been there in seconds soon as they heard one child cry out??:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Snakes wrote: »

There never was a lot of fox hunting in east London even before the ban.
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see the Telegraph story starts by suggesting there were two foxes involved: "Two baby twin sisters are seriously ill in hospital after being attacked by two foxes at their family home." However, the rest of the report suggests there was just one fox, as does the BBC report.

The reports seem a little vague. Who saw the fox attacking the girls? Did someone frighten it away? Strange that the fox apparently attacked not just one girl but two and that it was apparently bold enough to go into an upstairs bedroom.

Still, maybe the story is perfectly genuine. I wonder if the family owns a dog, though?
  • hometown38hometown38 Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    Something not right about this story .

I remain sceptical but feel there is more to come on this story.
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigurd wrote: »
    I see the Telegraph story starts by suggesting there were two foxes involved: "Two baby twin sisters are seriously ill in hospital after being attacked by two foxes at their family home." However, the rest of the report suggests there was just one fox, as does the BBC report.

The reports seem a little vague. Who saw the fox attacking the girls? Did someone frighten it away? Strange that the fox apparently attacked not just one girl but two.

Still, maybe the story is perfectly genuine. I wonder if the family owns a dog, though?

If they don't then perhaps they should feel relieved as they might be facing a prosecution for setting their dog after the foxes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hometown38 wrote: »
    Something not right about this story .

If you're thinking what I'm thinking, you're thinking family dog.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,832
    Forum Member
    Sigurd wrote: »

The reports seem a little vague. Who saw the fox attacking the girls? Did someone frighten it away? Strange that the fox apparently attacked not just one girl but two and that it was apparently bold enough to go into an upstairs bedroom.

And how does a fox get into an upstairs room?!
This discussion has been closed.