Options

Kylie Anti-Tour Tickets

spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone going to see Kylie in London next month - did any of you get tickets for ANYWHERE in blocks 7 to 11 at all? If so from which ticket agencies? I'm just curious. Because every official ticket agency site I went on didn't make these tickets available to the general public to buy, yet there are dozens of tickets for these areas available on ebay, viagogo, getmein, etc, which I don't understand. How have people got these tickets to sell if they weren't made available to the general public to buy?! I don't mean they just sold out quickly - I mean they were never available to buy in the first place from dead on 9am! Is it the ticket agencies themselves who are putting them directly on ebay, etc?!

Comments

• Options
    rasborasbo Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand either and is there any gigs in Scotland?
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rasbo wrote: »
    I don't understand either and is there any gigs in Scotland?

No Manchester and London So it's £79 for tickets plus cost of travel and hotels thanks Kylie really one for the fans i'd understand the price if the show was on the scale of Aphrodite as it stands it is not
  • Options
    rasborasbo Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    No Manchester and London So it's £79 for tickets plus cost of travel and hotels thanks Kylie really one for the fans i'd understand the price if the show was on the scale of Aphrodite as it stands it is not

Well I've gone right off her now. How awful. Blatant discrimination.
  • Options
    BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member

Wouldn't you rather pay more to see her in a smaller venue?
  • Options
    SayheySayhey Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    I managed to get 2 tickets for Manchester this Sunday, cannot wait :-)
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    for some reason and perhaps it was slightly naive. however, i thought the tour would properly tour the uk and australia doing small venues throughout these countries. i definitely would have gone to a more local show.

in fairness though, she doesn't need to do this at all and it is a big treat for her biggest fans.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never known tickets to be announced and then the gig happen like a week or so later

She has been so kind to her fans by doing this. Rare many artist perform the songs they never actually released.
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly only her biggest fans who are able to stand up for hours and hours. We're not all able to do that, unfortunately for us, due to health problems. That's why I was hoping to get a seated ticket at the 1 London gig, but, like I was saying, they didnt make the seats at the Apollo available to the general public. Except for the very back blocks, which are so far away from the stage you may as well be in a stadium, as you can barely see anything! Not exactly an 'intimate gig'. Oh well, I'll wait for her next arena tour, where I'd be able to see just as well and not have to worry about making myself ill standing. I remember going to her On A Night Like This Tour and Fever tours, here in Cardiff, and they were fully seated. Now they seem to be fully (or almost fully) standing! Sigh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    Sadly only her biggest fans who are able to stand up for hours and hours. We're not all able to do that, unfortunately for us, due to health problems. That's why I was hoping to get a seated ticket at the 1 London gig, but, like I was saying, they didnt make the seats at the Apollo available to the general public. Except for the very back blocks, which are so far away from the stage you may as well be in a stadium, as you can barely see anything! Not exactly an 'intimate gig'. Oh well, I'll wait for her next arena tour, where I'd be able to see just as well and not have to worry about making myself ill standing. I remember going to her On A Night Like This Tour and Fever tours, here in Cardiff, and they were fully seated. Now they seem to be fully (or almost fully) standing! Sigh.

i went to that show in london, it was the only time i saw kylie live and it was a great show.
  • Options
    designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well considering the Apollo holds no more than 3-4 thousand, I would call it intimate no matter where you are. I got block 5 at the back but I'm still excited for it. I saw the Aphrodite Tour and was at the very front of the catwalk where she did the finale. was amazing. At the X Tour I was tier 4 towards the back but on the balcony and I still had a brilliant night. I have been to the Apollo a few times for gigs and its a good atmosphere
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I would absolutely kill to see this show. Unfortunately she has only given us a weeks notice which means me and my mates are unable to get time off work and get organized. We can't all just up sticks at the drop of a hat. :( I'm so disappointed.
  • Options
    newplanetnewplanet Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    These Anti-Tour shows aren't *meant* for everyone. They're "pop up" shows. They're meant to be surprising. It's an expensive ticket, but the price is designed to weed out the people who are just casual fans and won't pay so much to see her. I think it will be worth it for what will be a very special (and different) Kylie gig in a very intimate venue.

I was lucky I was able to get a ticket for Sunday night and get time off work on Monday. I too would have been disappointed if I hadn't been able to do either of those things, granted.

We don't know yet if the anti-tour will come to other cities in the UK. But chances are, if it does, those dates will also "pop up" and take everyone by surprise, so I would be keeping a very close eye on kylie.com.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newplanet wrote: »
    These Anti-Tour shows aren't *meant* for everyone. They're "pop up" shows. They're meant to be surprising. It's an expensive ticket, but the price is designed to weed out the people who are just casual fans and won't pay so much to see her. I think it will be worth it for what will be a very special (and different) Kylie gig in a very intimate venue.

I was lucky I was able to get a ticket for Sunday night and get time off work on Monday. I too would have been disappointed if I hadn't been able to do either of those things, granted.

We don't know yet if the anti-tour will come to other cities in the UK. But chances are, if it does, those dates will also "pop up" and take everyone by surprise, so I would be keeping a very close eye on kylie.com.

i will be keeping an eyes peeled, but surely if she was going to do that. she would complete a full tour of austrailia and then do the uk? i will be monitoring the situation though and hope you enjoy the show sunday.:)
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    A show in Newcastle would be perfect for me because it would mean not having to arrange time off work and I can get their on very short notice. Although I do understand she can't visit every town and city in the UK :D

Fingers crossed for some northern dates!
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't you rather pay more to see her in a smaller venue?

Not really at that price no id go see Florence + the Machine instead who play in similar size venues at £35 a ticket the price to see a few b-sides for me just does not stand for what the show actually is
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I have a week off next week and am contemplating it - but it's travelling + hotel which would mean £200 or leave early to get the sleeper train home (5 hours!!). I'd be on my own as well - I've done that many times but....decided. Not going.
  • Options
    MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My allegedly close friend bought HIMSELF a ticket today so he didn't miss out an he's going on his own to Manchester this Sunday.
    He never thought to get me one even though we've seen her together a few times before.

Gobsmacked!!!!
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    MissDexter wrote: »
    My allegedly close friend bought HIMSELF a ticket today so he didn't miss out an he's going on his own to Manchester this Sunday.
    He never thought to get me one even though we've seen her together a few times before.

Gobsmacked!!!!

When it comes to Kylie - you're nothing to him
  • Options
    MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    When it comes to Kylie - you're nothing to him

Haha :D:D
  • Options
    BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    Not really at that price no id go see Florence + the Machine instead who play in similar size venues at £35 a ticket the price to see a few b-sides for me just does not stand for what the show actually is

There's not much comparison really between Kylie and Florence and her machine though is there?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So the price has done it's job then, and weeded out the casual Kylie fans which is what it's partly there for. It's for superfans only.

You can't really compare a global Icon like Kylie to Florence though can you. Seriously?

Also, you're highly unlikely to ever see any other artist of her standing doing b-sides and rarities (another reason for the ticket price). :)
  • Options
    madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going next Tuesday, standing :)
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going next Tuesday, standing :)

Me too!
  • Options
    madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoop! You don't happen to be on sayhey do you? (or anyone on here?)
  • Options
    SayheySayhey Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Whoop! You don't happen to be on sayhey do you? (or anyone on here?)

I am :) I have tickets for sunday. Can't wait