Ball boy assault or feigning injury? - League Cup

Comments

• CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    I think the point is that it doesn't justify the season long and life bans being suggested by some. It isn't the right thing to do and should be punished proportionately.

It depends on how the FA feel about it. I can see it being a 6 or 8 match ban.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky have just put the possession stats up

Chelsea 60%
    Swansea 35%
    Ball Boy 5%
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    But because it involves a non-player it is definitely possible for him to be charged with assault.

Assault?

Now the world really has gone mad
  • alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a 7 match ban then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hazard should have kicked him in the nuts - the ball would have been back in play in seconds
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This whole incident is going to go into 'Cliche Time' now.

I guarantee you over the next week, you'll be able to play Bulls**t Bingo, when the PR people get going, with the statements that'll come out, the photographs you'll see and the rest.
    Forum Member
    codeblue wrote: »
    Assault?

Now the world really has gone mad

If someone makes a complaint, the police will investigate it.
    Not a 7 match ban then?

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone getting a 7 match ban. It's possible I guess though.
  • zexstreamzexstream Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    I really, really wish that the UK media would stick to the facts.

They are calling this 17 yr old a child. The Young man is only 4 years younger than Hazard!!!

It really is sickening.

According to his twitter He is currently doing exams .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But because it involves a non-player it is definitely possible for him to be charged with assault.

Ludicrous. Charged with assault for kicking a ball from under someone lying on it?

He is guilty of being stupid, not some wanton act of criminal violence.
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    To be fair, the ball boy was being an annoying little sh*te. I would have picked him up and dropkicked him over the advertising hoardings if it was me. So Hazard was quite restrained.
    Forum Member
    Ludicrous. Charged with assault for kicking a ball from under someone lying on it?

Video footage clearly shows him kicking the lad, it could also be argued he wrestled him to the ground.
  • hythershythers Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    homer2012 wrote: »
    I thought all chelsea fans come from london:D

Deepest Surrey I think you will find. :D
    Forum Member

As I said earlier, I doubt he would be prosecuted, but if someone complains it will be investigated.
    Forum Member
    roger_50 wrote: »
    To be fair, the ball boy was being an annoying little sh*te. I would have picked him up and dropkicked him over the advertising hoardings if it was me. So Hazard was quite restrained.

And you would now be in a cell.
  • LamparillaLamparilla Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I've ever heard of anyone getting a 7 match ban. It's possible I guess though.

Eric Cantona was banned for 8 months for kicking a fan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If i hear the words "kicking a kid" once more in the media i will despair. This is no "kid".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zexstream wrote: »
    Video footage clearly shows him kicking the lad, it could also be argued he wrestled him to the ground.

He was already on the ground. The kick would never merit an assault charge daft as it was.
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    According to his twitter He is currently doing exams .

How is that relevant? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you watch the footy through inch thick specs or something - wrestled to the ground??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

oh my goodness.

i suggest you watch the footage again
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    roger_50 wrote: »

:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    From the clip it looks like the ball boy made a meal of it imo (and from his Twitter it seems he planned to waste time), but Hazard is a cock, he kicked him in the ribs! Thus should be charged with violent conduct. Not saying the kid wasnt hurt though.
    Then again what do we expect when players act like that as well - waste time, refuse to give the ball back or pretend they've been shot/run over etc
  • Astra 1AAstra 1A Posts: 1,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They are calling this 17 yr old a child. The Young man is only 4 years younger than Hazard!!!

It really is sickening.

Yep, on this basis Southampton shouldnt be allowed to play Luke Shaw as he is a mere "child".

The twitter stuff seems to indicate he was brought back especially for this game to premiditatedly waste time and also possibly the son of the owner Martin Morgan.
    Forum Member
    far2cool wrote: »
    How is that relevant? :confused:

It would suggest he is a minor.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It really is sickening.

Ah, so now you want them to stick to the facts, yet when it's not involving Chelsea, you're happy to wind people up with speculation? ;)

Righto, just so I know where we are :)