Bank Statement help

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 686
Forum Member
✭✭
Just to save me a trip to the bank tomorrow, I have a payment to "First National" going out every month on my bankstatement, I can't account for it, not sure if its something sinister or its a payment for something I purchased that uses this "First National" to collect payment.

Does anyone know of company's or services that use "First National" to collect payments ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea but the bank will be able to tell you(obv)...is the amount the same?or familiar for something you know you pay like car insurance/house insurance...coz sometimes it won't show as the companys name i.e direct line...i had car insurance for my mum on my bank and it showed as a completely different name on bank statement

AJxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers *AJ*, thats what I'm thinking it is too, just wondering if anyone knows of companies that use them for that purpose that might clear it up for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can't think of any...but typed first national into google and came back with this http://www.firstnat.co.uk/

AJxx
  • CornucopiaCornucopia Posts: 19,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure I had First National finance for some Sharpe's bedroom furniture - could it be store credit of some sort?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First National is a finance house. Had furniture once financed by them. They have extorbitant interest rates.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahh that might explain it, I'm still paying for my three piece suit I got from The Sofa Company, thats probably it.