Options

panasonic viera & sky sound at the same time

I've a panasonic viera tv and ordinary pace sky box which both go through a panasonic SC-PT580 home theatre system ..
but the trouble im having is that when i switch sky on i get the picture and sound but also the sound from the tv both coming through the theatre system ...
could anyone shed some light as to what ive done wrong :o

Comments

• Options
    John CurrieJohn Currie Posts: 2,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to tell us how you have it all connected?
  • Options
    Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    have you turned the TV volume down to Off when using the home cinema kit?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    oh hang on sorry , when you turn on the home theatre system while watching sky you lose sky's sound and you hear the tv channel ..
    right it's set up like this ...
    from the viera tv : 2 scart sockets which 1 goes to the sky box & the other to home theatre,
    1 hdmi cable to home theatre

sky dish has the scart coming from tv , has cable from roof aerial into RF in .. has a aerial cable from RF out to the tv & and a aerial cable to 2nd tv in RF2OUT ..
    so the home theatre has the scart from the tv & the hdmi going into the back of that ...
  • Options
    John CurrieJohn Currie Posts: 2,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have a standard Sky box or SkyHD?
    Does your Home Theatre system have an optical input?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    oh hang on again as ive got it working but dont run off yet !
    on the home cinema it has to be set on AV to hear the tv but to listen to sky it has to be set to AUX ... :o
    now my next problem is that before i had this home theatre i had a panasonic dmr ex768 HDD DVD connected but removed it because i couldlt fathom how to connect this home theatre .. now you know what im going to ask dont you .. yes ! how do i connect viera tv, home theatre, sky & the hdd together .. ?

john it's an ordinary bog standard pace sky box , not hd or anything fancy and i'd just like to say thanks to you and the others for taking the time to reply ..