Options

Gay soap actors

Comments

• Options
    jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    True the interview was about 10 years ago so if soap characters to go from straight to gay I guess real people can aswell :D

I think he was gay during the Holby days as he was in Gay Time doing an interview about being out. I haven't seen any mention of JS having kids.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Alicya Eyo is a lesbian (can't think of her characters name in Emmerdale)
  • Options
    DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So? What has that got to do with anyhting :-S
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alicya Eyo is a lesbian (can't think of her characters name in Emmerdale)

Ruby is her characters name.
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are rumours about various Corrie actors past and present.

I won't name names as they are just rumours, but if they're true Carla Conner is something of a ****-hag...
  • Options
    lewisktfclewisktfc Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ricky Grover (Andrew on EE)
  • Options
    Vanessa73Vanessa73 Posts: 7,330
    Forum Member
    The very gorgeous and talented Kieron Richarson from Hollyoaks! :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do any of the things discussed on the board really matter? No they don't. The point is that, it is of interest to some people, not you obviously but some people care.

What's your problem? Can't people ask questions anymore ffs?
    I don't understand why people sexuality is so interesting that's all!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    charmedend wrote: »
    What's your problem? Can't people ask questions anymore ffs?
    I don't understand why people sexuality is so interesting that's all!!

Do you not see the irony in your posts? What do you want, people to stop and go "oh yes charmedend is so right, what was I thinking?".

There are lots of posts on this board that I don't understand why people are interested in them but I don't go on them a demand to know what people care about them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you not see the irony in your posts? What do you want, people to stop and go "oh yes charmedend is so right, what was I thinking?".

There are lots of posts on this board that I don't understand why people are interested in them but I don't go on them a demand to know what people care about them.

No not at all, stop trying to put words in my mouth as I never said any of the above, ok!!

I asked because I was interested, so like I said what is wrong with that?

Take a chill pill.
  • Options
    Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,489
    Forum Member
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    Really Apparently he has kid's in real life :confused:

NEWS ALERT: gay people have kids aswell!!! WOW, who knew??!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No not at all, stop trying to put words in my mouth as I never said any of the above, ok!!

I asked because I was interested, so like I said what is wrong with that?

Take a chill pill.

Nobody seems keen to share their interest with you, such a shame.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    What always annoys me is when a gay character arrives in a soap and people instantly say 'is .... (whoever plays him) gay in real life?
    I've never understood what people say that, as if they don't realise it's acting and just playing a role!
    Yes, the odd gay character is gay in reallife as well, but most of them aren't/

It's funny how know one says (depending on the character)

Is he a murderer in real life?
    Is he cheating on his wife in real life?
    Is he a wife beater in real life?
    Is he paedophile in real life?
    Is he a drug dealer in real life?

And so on and so on. No, it's only when you play a gay character people wonder if you're the same in real life!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    What always annoys me is when a gay character arrives in a soap and people instantly say 'is .... (whoever plays him) gay in real life?
    I've never understood what people say that, as if they don't realise it's acting and just playing a role!
    Yes, the odd gay character is gay in reallife as well, but most of them aren't/

It's funny how know one says (depending on the character)

Is he a murderer in real life?
    Is he cheating on his wife in real life?
    Is he a wife beater in real life?
    Is he paedophile in real life?
    Is he a drug dealer in real life?

And so on and so on. No, it's only when you play a gay character people wonder if you're the same in real life!

As an aside on that matter I have to say gay male characters are more likely to be played by gay men than the lesbian characters are played by gay women. I guess that shows that straight women are more willing to play gay than straight male actors are.
  • Options
    MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it says he is openly gay
  • Options
    Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,489
    Forum Member
    As an aside on that matter I have to say gay male characters are more likely to be played by gay men than the lesbian characters are played by gay women. I guess that shows that straight women are more willing to play gay than straight male actors are.

Yeah it's funny because the only ones I can think of who are straight is Emmerdale's Danny Miller and (this is going back a few years now!) the actor who played EE Tony Hills. And both of these characters were originally not revealed as being gay! It was only afterwards they were told as storylines progressed.

Having said that though, thankfully most actors probably don't care and are just glad of the job. It could be more that the producer thinks a gay actor could play the part more convincingly! I could be wrong though, it's just a thought!
  • Options
    gilly1981gilly1981 Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jackie Woodburne is not gay.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If a actor/actress is out then that's great good on them but if they ain't either then there is nothing wrong with that too, they have a right to a private life and should in no way be forced to have to out themselves for public curiosity and I can understand why they don't feel that they can as people in the acting biz can be very prejudice.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I seem to remember in the 80's that Dynasty actor Al Corley backed out of playing Steven Carrington when they decided to make the character 'straight'. Jack Coleman took on the role and got with Heather Locklear....or whatever.
    Good on Al Corley I say....he stood his ground and said a gay would NEVER suddenly turn straight!
    Don't know if Al is gay or not - but at least he stood his ground!
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I ask :o why does it matter who's gay and who's not?:confused:
    For goodness sake. Why does someone always need to go down this route!?
    What's so bad about asking if someone is gay or not? Nobody is being judged.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah it's funny because the only ones I can think of who are straight is Emmerdale's Danny Miller and (this is going back a few years now!) the actor who played EE Tony Hills. And both of these characters were originally not revealed as being gay! It was only afterwards they were told as storylines progressed.

Having said that though, thankfully most actors probably don't care and are just glad of the job. It could be more that the producer thinks a gay actor could play the part more convincingly! I could be wrong though, it's just a thought!

They producers don't seem to have the same attitude when it comes the gay female characters.

Isn't the guy who plays Syed straight? I know the actors playing Christian (EE), Paul and his sliver hair boyfriend (Emmerdale), Sean and Marcus were all played by out gay men. On the other hand the only lesbian character played by an out lesbian that I can recall is the woman playing Ruby on Emmerdale.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They producers don't seem to have the same attitude when it comes the gay female characters.
    ................ On the other hand the only lesbian character played by an out lesbian that I can recall is the woman playing Ruby on Emmerdale.

Maybe there isn't the same proportion of out gay female actors as there is of out gay male actors. The only one I can think of offhand is Miriam Margolyse. Though I'd love to see her in Corrie. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Technically she isnt a soap actress, but Heather Peace, who will be in Waterloo Road soon, is an open lesbian.
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member

They're not in now, but ....
    In Corrie Todd (Bruno Langley) and Karl (Chris Finch) are not gay.
    In HO James Sutton (John Paul) and Guy Burnet (Craig Dean) and Jake Hendrick (Keiron) are not gay.

There's more straight actors that have played gay than gay actors.
    If it's more common now maybe it's cos it's easier to admit to being gay in the acting profrssion these days!