***Grimm Season 2 (US-Pace) - 13th August***

Comments

• StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And wow - brilliant episode :D

Having a ghost was a twist and brings in other mythologies, not just wessen.

Full of suspense & tension. Not as scary as it could have been, but still a good ghost story.

Nice to move on the Julliette story. Interesting that she has a separate source of information in the Mexican lady. Wonder who her choice will be?

Next week
    Another Grimm!!!!
  • Mart_UKMart_UK Posts: 2,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The halloween episode was so good! Loved the storyline,and I must admit I got creeped out a few times during the episode as well.
    I do few like Monroe's been out of the loop a bit, Nick's been spending more time with the police department.
    Next week's ep looks great, this show gets better and better :D
  • MercierMercier Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do Grimms have superpowers a la Buffy?
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick has shown what seems to be increased strength and fighting skill compared to "normal".
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Loved the latest episode, Monroe what a star, certainly loves Halloween :D. Next weeks episode looks good.
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Im peeking into this thread between my fingers as Im really on UK pace, but glad to see that the whole season seems to be doing well. I have come to really love this show, is there any news of a renewal for season three yet?
  • Mart_UKMart_UK Posts: 2,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ I don't think season 3 has been announced yet. But the ratings in US have been good, the Halloween episode was the most viewed episode this series, and won its time slot sgain.
    So it's looking good :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I should have guessed who was the new 'Grimm'. I found Ryan a bit..... weird.....from when he first started. But I never guessed he was a psychotic.....whatever he is:eek: I thought he'd be something to do with the Captain or at least half way normal!!

Like how the relationship with Hank is progressing - a real partnership rather than Grimm and sidekick.

Really liking the Juliette stuff - wasn't sure I would at the end of last season but it is turning out to be a strong story line.

Yet another excellent episode. To think I nearly gave up on it first season and only Monroe kept me watching. Now I hardly notice when its a Monroe light story.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd read that another Grimm was going to turn up and had half way guessed it was Ryan.

As to him being a Wesen pretending to be a Grimm I worked that out when we met his Mother.

Good episode though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow - tense!

I really thought they might be too late with the stay of execution but phew - guy just an elephant size shot of diazipam - which I'm sure he won't complain about:D

Who else went 'eugh' when Nick fell in with the juice corpses :D

The Captain and Juliette stuff - :eek: Monroe knows now!!! Ooops!

Nice to see Roselea. She wasn't my favourite character, but I think the show does benefit from her being in it. She was looking well - a lot more colour than when she is in Portland - getting away from Nick & all the stress must be doing her good.

Line of the episode had to go to Wu though - 'Clean up on aisle 4' lol :D
  • ChelseaEllieChelseaEllie Posts: 16,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the Juilette and Captain/Prince thing, think its well done, makes him a lot more likeable and less evil in the back ground

wonder how Nick will react to learning who his boss really is
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    !!!!:eek:

Nick knows the Captain is the 'other man':eek:

Not convinced this is going to end well!!

The breakdown of the relationship between Nick and Juliette is quite sad but realistic. Not sure if there is any coming back from it even if the enchantments are broken.

Yet another great episode. I do like Adelind so it was a particular treat for me - I love her pulling strings & playing Nick & Sean. Beating up Hank seemed a little random, but I think it was as much for revenge & spite as it was to weaken Nick's support.

Monroe was as fantastic as ever - loved him leading the Verrat to Nick & the fight!

And I loved the 'sorry' with the 'to be continued' :D
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was an amazing episode!! Part way through I kinda knew the cliffhanger would be Nick finding out about the Captain and Juliette, but didn't know how!

Things are getting interesting... just a shame we have to wait till next year! Which I knew before the show aired so I was prepared.

Going to miss it though :( no date on when it'll be back yet that I can see.

That episode had my welling up though, love it when shows do that, only ever really happened once or twice with Grimm.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon87 wrote: »
    Things are getting interesting... just a shame we have to wait till next year! Which I knew before the show aired so I was prepared.

Going to miss it though :( no date on when it'll be back yet that I can see.

Did not realise it was a mid season break (till the Sorry came up anyway :D).

Of course I should have known with Grimm having started a lot earlier than most shows this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was that a mid-season finale or a season finale?
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Was that a mid-season finale or a season finale?

Mid season. Will return in the new year, as usual. I'm just glad Supernatural's still going for a few more weeks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mid season. Will return in the new year, as usual. I'm just glad Supernatural's still going for a few more weeks!

Oh boo! I'm really enjoying Grimm. It really is light-hearted weekly entertainment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah, good :) I wasn't sure how many eps we were getting.
  • Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    Completely unrelated to the storyline, but it's starting to annoy me that Nick keeps calling Juliette Juliette. I know their relationship is rocky now to say the least, but I find it strange that he keeps calling her by her full name rather than a pet name. She calls and he goes 'Hello Juliette' as if he's talking to a stranger. No Julie, Jools, J...

Maybe my irritation stems back from when my parents called me by my full name whenever I was in trouble. ;)
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    Cracking episode :) and Nick almost managed a new facial expression ;)

Seriously, really looking forward to when it returns.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Woo.. great episode. Nick nearly asks who the "other man" is, then there's the X-factor pause and.... "I don't want to know"

Lots of Super fighty Grimm - really? 4 baddies and he beats them with a baseball club in less than 30 seconds?

I thought a few more story lines might have been tied up here, but still this was a brilliant episode.

And I think a potion form Monroe will bring Juliette back into Nick's arms.

Oh! And The Prince / Renard will find some sort of political/underground Royalty way of getting Nick on his side.
  • Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    breppo wrote: »
    Named Renard I always thought he was some kind of fox - later revealed to be fuchsbau. It was a bit of a surprise he wasn't.

Fuchs is German for fox.

All the German in this series makes me giggle though. It's so obvious and sometimes even a bit childish... the American accent doesn't help matters.

For example: Wesen (and not 'vessen' like it's pronounced in the series) means 'creature' or 'being'. So all of those supernatural / fairytale creatures are 'Wesen'.

Monroe is a Blutbad, which translates as blood bath. And the poor thing hasn't caused a blood bath in aaaaages... ;)

Hundjäger translates as hound hunter. That would be someone who hunts hounds, rather than the hound that accompanies a hunter during his work.
  • MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rose*~* wrote: »
    Fuchs is German for fox.

All the German in this series makes me giggle though. It's so obvious... the American accent doesn't help matters.

Also: Wesen (and not 'vessen' like it's pronounced in the series) means 'creature' or 'being'. So all of those supernatural / fairytale creatures are 'Wesen'.
    I thought that Renard was a Hexenbiest, not a fuchsbau?
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikeAP001 wrote: »
    I thought that Renard was a Hexenbiest, not a fuchsbau?

I was alluding to the fox Re(y)nard folklore tales. That made me think he was a fuchsbau. (translates as foxhole) But he is indeed a hexenbiest.
  • jette52jette52 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Rose*~* wrote: »
    Fuchs is German for fox.

All the German in this series makes me giggle though. It's so obvious and sometimes even a bit childish... the American accent doesn't help matters.

For example: Wesen (and not 'vessen' like it's pronounced in the series) means 'creature' or 'being'. So all of those supernatural / fairytale creatures are 'Wesen'.

Monroe is a Blutbad, which translates as blood bath. And the poor thing hasn't caused a blood bath in aaaaages... ;)

Hundjäger translates as hound hunter. That would be someone who hunts hounds, rather than the hound that accompanies a hunter during his work.

well since this is not real in the first place, i am just enjoying the show.