Rupaul

2»

Comments

• Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    Nebworth90 wrote: »
    That is a TUNE! So is 'Dance With Me' - if they were songs by mainstream acts like Rihanna etc. they'd be straight to no.1.

It's who u r now, not how good you are. Must say Ru's album is really good!

Totally agree with you. I have to say its the most commerical album Rupaul has done yet.

Hopefully the fact that Frankmusik is on the album will get it more attention.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hunty i gotta be real - i'm not massively feeling born again. i kind of feel the curse of diminishing returns when it comes to ru's drag race and onwards music career - champion > glamazon > born again. however i am loving tracks freaky money (very peanut butter), adrenaline and fly tonight.

margo - have you seen the drag race season 6 premiere? thoughts? i have many but here might not be the best place to share them. perhaps i should start a thread in us tv - would you contribute?
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    just downloaded the new album .... 'born naked'

her vocals are great on some tracks - perhaps her best to date

my fave tracks so far:
    fly tonight
    can i get an amen
    adrenaline
    sissy that walk
    born naked - a new direction

nb. 'freak money' is better than peanut butter. I'm not into 'geronimo' completely - but the track listing is annoying ...but this is perhaps her most diverse mix of genres on an album... perhaps not the best showcase of the songs as an album...it annoys me when there is a good album plagued by a bad track listing...and it seems that albums recently suffer from this more than they used to. Anyhow..so far I prefer this:

1. Adrenaline
    2. Fly Tonight
    3. Let the Music Play
    4. Sissy that Walk
    5. Freaky money
    6. Geronimo
    7.. Dance With U
    8. Modern Love
    9. Born Naked
    10. Can I get an Amen
    Forum Member
    hunty i gotta be real - i'm not massively feeling born again. i kind of feel the curse of diminishing returns when it comes to ru's drag race and onwards music career - champion > glamazon > born again. however i am loving tracks freaky money (very peanut butter), adrenaline and fly tonight.

margo - have you seen the drag race season 6 premiere? thoughts? i have many but here might not be the best place to share them. perhaps i should start a thread in us tv - would you contribute?

I wasn't so keen on the album to begin with either but its a definite grower.

I have seen the season premiere. I like some of the queens but i doubt the winner is in that group.

I would totally contribute to a thread on drag race
    Forum Member
    just downloaded the new album .... 'born naked'

her vocals are great on some tracks - perhaps her best to date

my fave tracks so far:
    fly tonight u
    can i get an amen
    adrenaline
    sissy that walk
    born naked - a new direction

nb. 'freak money' is better than peanut butter. I'm not into 'geronimo' completely - but the track listing is annoying ...but this is perhaps her most diverse mix of genres on an album... perhaps not the best showcase of the songs as an album...it annoys me when there is a good album plagued by a bad track listing...and it seems that albums recently suffer from this more than they used to. Anyhow..so far I prefer this:

1. Adrenaline
    2. Fly Tonight
    3. Let the Music Play
    4. Sissy that Walk
    5. Freaky money
    6. Geronimo
    7.. Dance With U
    8. Modern Love
    9. Born Naked
    10. Can I get an Amen

Is it just me or does the singer on adrenaline sound an awful lot like britney spears?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Just wondering if anyone else on here is a fan?

I have all her albums,singles and remixes.

"Main event" is a choooooon

A real shame the singles never get a proper release here. She never really does any promotion for them which again is a shame as i think she can really compete with whats in the charts right now.

DRAG RACE !

BRILLIANT
    Forum Member
    Feeder5 wrote: »
    DRAG RACE !

BRILLIANT

If you have Netflix you can watch all 5 seasons
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    LOVE Ru.
    LOVE the album.
    LOVE Drag Race.

Think every man, woman and child should watch Drag race at least once in their life. Its fantastic fun, inspiring, heartwarming and sickening all at once.

Shame its not shown on british tv anywhere. Seems like a show that has E4 written all over it. Still have found ways to watch it from America on the sly. Loving season six so far!
    Forum Member
    milotic12 wrote: »
    LOVE Ru.
    LOVE the album.
    LOVE Drag Race.

Think every man, woman and child should watch Drag race at least once in their life. Its fantastic fun, inspiring, heartwarming and sickening all at once.

Shame its not shown on british tv anywhere. Seems like a show that has E4 written all over it. Still have found ways to watch it from America on the sly. Loving season six so far!

E4 gave no reason as to why they stopped showing it.

I am living for michelle visage
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    The duet with Frankmusik has number 1 written all over it

It needs to be released as a single

Top tune! Big fan of Frankmusik
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse my ignorance, but isn't Rupaul a gay man who happens to be a drag queen, not transgendered? Doesn't he still identify as a man and is called he?
    Forum Member
    Jonny_M wrote: »
    Top tune! Big fan of Frankmusik

It has summer anthem all over it. It deserves to be heard by more people.
    Forum Member
    sjp07 wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance, but isn't Rupaul a gay man who happens to be a drag queen, not transgendered? Doesn't he still identify as a man and is called he?

Ru has said himself he doesn't mind being referred to as he or she in or out of drag.

Its quite common to refer to a drag queen as she and not he.
  • Mega_BoredMega_Bored Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Is it just me or does the singer on adrenaline sound an awful lot like britney spears?

The artist on the track is called Myah Marie, She does sound a lot like Britney. She used to be her backing singer, I'm guessing that's why the similarities are there. :) Gotta say I've only recently discover RuPaul and I think he is totally amazing.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had 'Cover girl' in my head all weekend