Most shocking moment in soap

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
Forum Member
What have you been most shocked at when you didn't read spoilers or before we had spoilers? For me, Bradley's death in EastEnders was quite shocking because I didn't know he'd be leaving like that. The whole 20th anniversary episode also had me on the edge of my seat because although I knew Den was going to die I didn't know who would do it and what would be happening with Johnny Allen and Andy Hunter. I think Den's return would definitely be up there if it wasn't publicised and Kathy's return would have been shocking for me if I didn't go on Digital Spy Forums!

Comments

• zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bradleys Death was leaked by the Sun weeks before.

I was shocked -

Jane Returned
    Kat Pregnant with Twins
    The Way Den Die
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but for me, I was staggered that Bobby killed Lucy!!!

Still think it was ridiculous.
  • bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I hadn't been spoilt then Kathy's return would have been up there

Sharon's 2001 return was great too. That was unspoilt for me
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bwfcol wrote: »
    If I hadn't been spoilt then Kathy's return would have been up there

Sharon's 2001 return was great too. That was unspoilt for me

When was Kathys return spoilt?? It was purely speculation
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me it was in Brookside - when Eddie Banks and Jimmy Corkhill found Trevor Jordache's body when they had to dig up an area of ground in the garden because of an underground leak. Just seeing his hand.
  • Arshee_KhanArshee_Khan Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    If I hadn't read on here about the possibility of Kathy returning to EastEnders, I would have been more shocked about her return on the live episode
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    When was Kathys return spoilt?? It was purely speculation

Sometimes speculation can be a spoiler though. If it wasn't for people guessing it wouldn't even have entered my mind that Kathy could be returning but after reading all the speculation I was expecting her return and was not shocked by it whatsoever :(. I'm not very good at guessing storylines so if I wasn't so bloody nosey everything in soap would be a shock to me.
  • bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,839
    Forum Member
    Even though we speculated, my jaw still dropped when Kathy stepped out of the car.

Also for all its recent faults, when Lindsay was killed In HO I was shocked!
  • StroudyStroudy Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Lindsay's death on HO and Danielle's death on EE.
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think she would return.. There's been posts about it for years
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    I didn't think she would return.. There's been posts about it for years

I was too young to watch it when Kathy was in it so perhaps that's why I wasn't shocked? Obviously I know who she is and the character's history but I guess since I wasn't a viewer during her time on Eastenders it wouldn't have as much of an impact on me.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shirley Carter's first appearance. :o
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mad Maya driving into Dev's in Corrie after a lorry had driven into her- never forget that.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bean_of_sb wrote: »
    Even though we speculated, my jaw still dropped when Kathy stepped out of the car.

Also for all its recent faults, when Lindsay was killed In HO I was shocked!

I completely agree!:).
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,837
    Forum Member
    Jane Beale's big secret being that she used to be fat and called Lesley.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has to be Danielle's death in EastEnders for me. It was harrowing!

I've been watching EastEnders regularly since early 2007 and that episode probably sticks out the most for me. Idk if I'd say it's my favourite ever episode, but it has to be up there with one of them... It was shocking! I was only about 9 at the time and I really didn't expect it. I think my mom said something like 'Something's going to happen' and I didn't really take much notice of it, and the next minute, she's been hit down by a car.

It was very shocking!
  • NefersitraNefersitra Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    For me it was in Brookside - when Eddie Banks and Jimmy Corkhill found Trevor Jordache's body when they had to dig up an area of ground in the garden because of an underground leak. Just seeing his hand.

Oh. That was creepy - I think it was spoiled that they were going to find the body, but I can remember being shocked by it.
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    In the old days, before we had the internet and I didn't usually see tabloid newspapers doing spoilers:

Mark Fowler revealing he was HIV+
    er...
    I can't think of anything else
  • KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, it has to be Den giving Angie the divorce papers on Christmas Day...
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    Lindsey's death, Silas' first murder and the eveal he was Heidi's dad, Dodger as Nico's father.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chryed reveal - when Christian wrote over the wallpaper that he loved Syed.
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    In minor soaps- the reveal that Jane had inadvertently slept with her half-brother and her father :O Very daring of an ITV soap to actually go there.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol the demographic of posters on this thread is telling!

For me: Eastenders & Steve Owen going to visit his dying Mum (Sheila Hancock) he clearly hates her & they're talking & she has a really creepy vibe. At the end she leans over & gives him what can only be described as an incestuous kiss then falls back into bed with a satisfied grin & dies. He's mortified- in tears.
    It was a shocker - can you imagine that on EE in this day an age? Not only to talk about or infer sexual abuse but to actually SHOW the act?? And mother against adult son??
    It simply wouldn't be allowed on British TV their days!
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    From the last year on EE, I would say:

Jane's return

Shirley being revealed as Mick's mum to us and Phil.

Phil being behind the attack at the Albert.

Buster being Mick AND Dean's dad.

Kathy's return.

And the most shocking of all - Jane is Lesley!:o:D

Other ones include Stacey being Archie's killer and Danielle's death.
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danielle's death in EE still remains the most shocking moment. Nothing IMO has been able to top that, even Bobby revealed as Lucy's killer.