Options

(EastEnders) Sharon's father *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,968
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    His family tree will look like spaghetti! :D

I know with his family tree it isn't surprising he has turned out to be such a nutter:D
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    It could be Les. Doesn't he start behaving suspiciously soon.

Then why was the letter to Carol Hanley written by 'Gavin?' And why, when Sharon met her birth mum all those years ago was she told her father's name was Gavin if it was actually Les?
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    What a phenomenal twist would it be if it turned out Den Watts was Sharon's biological father all along!!!

It would mean Dennis Rickman was in fact her half brother and little Denny is the product of incest! (Which would pave the way for Sharon to see Denny as a monster and subsequently put him up for adoption)..

Certainly fits the "close to home" teaser we have been given and would make for incredible drama.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    ALowsley wrote: »
    Her biological father is called Gavin. Unless they changed his name.

Okay then - it's definitely not Kathy's Gavin.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    I know with his family tree it isn't surprising he has turned out to be such a nutter:D

Nature and nurture! :D
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patrick?

Yeah man!

:D
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Interesting spoiler from Digiguide.tv

Friday 27th March 2015
    Tensions run high for The Beales and Mitchells.

I wonder if it's a clue that Kathy's husband is Sharon's dad?

I'm glad Sarah Phelps is writing a big episode for Sharon and Ian.
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kathy meeting and marrying a bloke in South Africa who just happened to be the biological father of her best mate back in London's adopted daughter would be an enormous coincidence. I think it's more likely to be Les as others have suggested remember it was established when Les first appeared that he had lived locally his whole life and he knew Pat, Den and Pete Beale etc. Maybe he arranged Sharon's adoption privately with his neighbours Den and Angie when her mother could no longer cope and he was married to Pam and didn't want her to find out he had a secret love child.
  • Options
    Imogen_GaleontiImogen_Galeonti Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    I really hope Les isn't her biological father. He's a boring character. Den was a much interesting character and I loved Den and Sharon's relationship.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Sharon's dad turns out to be the transgender character they are introducing. That would be a good storyline for her.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't mind it being Les, it could be the making of his character and I think it would be interesting for Pam as well. If it is Kathy's Gavin then it would be a little laughable, but it's soap which pretty much rely on coincidences like this, and it could make for some really interesting scenes once Kathy's back. (Although I've already stated reasons why that seems unlikely.)

DTC said that the plans for the transgender character were in the very early stages so the character won't be Sharon's dad.
  • Options
    nightwish1990nightwish1990 Posts: 1,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Kathy's husband is Sharon's dad then it is an awful idea. Too much of a coincidence that her dad happens to be the stepfather of her best mate.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,312
    Forum Member
    Kathy meeting and marrying a bloke in South Africa who just happened to be the biological father of her best mate back in London's adopted daughter would be an enormous coincidence. I think it's more likely to be Les as others have suggested remember it was established when Les first appeared that he had lived locally his whole life and he knew Pat, Den and Pete Beale etc. Maybe he arranged Sharon's adoption privately with his neighbours Den and Angie when her mother could no longer cope and he was married to Pam and didn't want her to find out he had a secret love child.

If that was the case why would he have written letters to Carol saying he wanted to find her? He would know where she lived.
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    If that was the case why would he have written letters to Carol saying he wanted to find her? He would know where she lived.

Well the letters Carol had could have been written before Les knew Sharon. I'm not sure I would even want it to be Les I was just making the point that given his backstory of having lived locally off-screen he's a much more plausible candidate than a random bloke Kathy Beale met and married in a different country.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Curious as to how this will pan out
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the letters Carol had could have been written before Les knew Sharon. I'm not sure I would even want it to be Les I was just making the point that given his backstory of having lived locally off-screen he's a much more plausible candidate than a random bloke Kathy Beale met and married in a different country.

I'd prefer the ridiculous contrivance of it being Kathy's Gavin than having Les as her dad. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »
    I hope Sharon's dad turns out to be the transgender character they are introducing. That would be a good storyline for her.

Imagine Phil's reaction to having a transgender Father in Law, that alone would make the story worth watching :D
  • Options
    Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be one giant retcon. Carol told Sharon that her father's name was Gavin Bennett. Kathy SULLIVAN's husbands name is Gavin Sullivan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It would be one giant retcon. Carol told Sharon that her father's name was Gavin Bennett. Kathy SULLIVAN's husbands name is Gavin Sullivan.

I suppose it is possible they could get out of it, by saying Gavin changed his surname from Bennett to Sullivan for some reason, unlikely but it's possible, then a few months down the line we will find out that Gavin is related to Dan Sullivan:o though i'm probably letting my imagination run away with me.
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    I suppose it is possible they could get out of it, by saying Gavin changed his surname from Bennett to Sullivan for some reason, unlikely but it's possible, then a few months down the line we will find out that Gavin is related to Dan Sullivan:o though i'm probably letting my imagination run away with me.

I don't blame you. We've had Bobby and his music box of doom and Kathy crawling out of her grave so everything's up for grabs now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't blame you. We've had Bobby and his music box of doom and Kathy crawling out of her grave so everything's up for grabs now.

True, when you put it like that it doesn't seem so far fetched.:D
  • Options
    johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    They could easily invent lots of convoluted reasons or excuses as to why Gavin may have changed his first name or surname or both, or why it might be somebody else completely. Anything is possible in a world where people come back from having been dead for several years and where a third of all deaths are caused by murder.
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope to god it isn't Les. Sharon deserves better than that!
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope to god it isn't Les. Sharon deserves better than that!

Agreed.
  • Options
    noodkleopatranoodkleopatra Posts: 12,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never thought about Les - but great story if it is! Love me a bit of Pam and Les, I think they're great!