Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 59)

Comments

• Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    joeseeks wrote: »
    In the words of a wise chart watcher on popjustice;

It was an interesting strategy. But Leona's situation is a little too fragile to be experimenting with releases, when it's her comeback song.

I 100% agree.

I agree with this too.

The song needs time to build, in terms of radio and promo so by the time June 28th comes, most people are aware of it and ready to download.

Really glad they've decided to do this.
  • Options
    Vall_ScarletVall_Scarlet Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    Luuk Lewis wrote: »
    Thanks guys that means a lot :D

@Vall_Scarlet it's already up on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khxQTNT-v1c

And for anyone interested, it is a free download on SoundCloud. Just click the little arrow icon under the track to download :)
    Oh gotcha and thanks for the free download; really appreciate it (yessss another song to add to "my top rated" list on my iPod)!
  • Options
    joeseeksjoeseeks Posts: 1,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, they need to go out guns ablazing and get as high of a peak possible - and make sure there is a really big impact when it eventually comes out. This newer (and better strategy) will mean it will hopefully already have a build up of lots of airplay and some performances ensure the pre-orders are high, as well as general interest for buying it on release week, this means it actually stands a chance of going top 5 (#1 if airplay is really good).

A higher peak = better airplay, which = more longevity = the more support Leona gets in future = more people are interested in buying her album.

So, so happy they've fixed this :)
  • Options
    ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    I'm pleased the release date now makes sense. I suppose they might have been thinking about making it available after the Sunday Night at the Palladium performance was screened.

I'm also glad that this is a summer release as I have plenty to,distract me outside so the wait won't seem so long. I do think the roll out will be interesting, but I also think patience is going to be needed.

Really interested to see what is going to happen in other countries. There's been various tweets etc from a lot of countries. And, of course, there's the U.S.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone find the Vevo version of the song really low sound quality?
  • Options
    ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member

Yes, it's been mentioned before too by other posters. Soe suggested it might be deliberate to prevent good rips. :)

The video ( which was up briefly) is better.
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    755K views now :D
  • Options
    Bubble_BeamBubble_Beam Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSinMOs5eGw
    still cant over this cover so amazing
    hopefully leona will cover this someday!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSinMOs5eGw
    still cant over this cover so amazing
    hopefully leona will cover this someday!

I think that's the most overrated BGT audition ever. I thought it was a bit meh - nothing special at all! That versions been done 23802398023 times on YouTube too :P
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

if i put my earphones on it actually sounds amazing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that's the most overrated BGT audition ever. I thought it was a bit meh - nothing special at all! That versions been done 23802398023 times on YouTube too :P

i frankly like his version - it's rough but yet smooth but thats just my opinion :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if i put my earphones on it actually sounds amazing!

Even with my earphones it sounds bad. Like the opening accapella sounds kinda muffled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i frankly like his version - it's rough but yet smooth but thats just my opinion :D

But that's it though - it's not his version. He literally went onto Youtube and took someone else's version note for note :P He sung it well, no question, but he was on Twitter saying he "worked hard to get that version" when it's been done so many times on youtube :P
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    Even with my earphones it sounds bad. Like the opening accapella sounds kinda muffled.

Because it's live lol. She probably sang the opening right in front of the camera. It's not studio accapella.
  • Options
    Forum Member

It sounds really good for me with earphones in. The only thing I've noticed about being not great quality is the iTunes preview :P
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "Can't keep me, can't keep me, you cant hold me, cant hold me"

i love that bit so much!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But that's it though - it's not his version. He literally went onto Youtube and took someone else's version note for note :P He sung it well, no question, but he was on Twitter saying he "worked hard to get that version" when it's been done so many times on youtube :P

really? i thought it was "his" version lol
    anyway the song inspired me to write a few lines for my own song :D
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    "Can't keep me, can't keep me, you cant hold me, cant hold me"

i love that bit so much!

Yes me too! I hope she'll do it also live because she didn't do it during Palladium performance.
    Oh and the bridge is one of her best bridges!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    really? i thought it was "his" version lol
    anyway the song inspired me to write a few lines for my own song :D

Omg you write your own songs? Awesome :D:D
    Yes me too! I hope she'll do it also live because she didn't do it during Palladium performance.
    Oh and the bridge is one of her best bridges!

I was thinking this too! If she did do a BGT performance and sang the "Cant hold me" and looked right at Simon - I would die happy! XD

Yeah, it's my favourite bridge ever from her i think! So damn catchy! My favourite part of the whole song, I think!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Someone who I'm friends with on FB - who definitely isn't a Leona fan usually - just posted a status saying...

"The new Leona Lewis song is a ****ing tune"

That's a bloody great sign tbh!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Omg you write your own songs? Awesome :D:D

yeah i do :D
    hope i got some inspiration from leona's new album!

I was thinking this too! If she did do a BGT performance and sang the "Cant hold me" and looked right at Simon - I would die happy! XD

Yeah, it's my favourite bridge ever from her i think! So damn catchy! My favourite part of the whole song, I think!

i love the deep dark "whoo" sound towards the end of the song!
    Edit : dont know to multiquote 2 parts of one post :cry:
  • Options
    ItsBrookeItsBrooke Posts: 2,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't listened to FUMF as much as i listened to her other leads if am honest, I dont know why either, I mean i even played Trouble more thats quite worrying isnt it and wrong on many levels ha :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ItsBrooke wrote: »
    I haven't listened to FUMF as much as i listened to her other leads if am honest, I dont know why either, I mean i even played Trouble more thats quite worrying isnt it and wrong on many levels ha :cry:

Same here, it's not her strongest single by a long shot, but I do think it has more public appeal than many of her others.
  • Options
    esesohsamesesohsam Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona just posted the video again on her Facebook. It says out June 7th
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ItsBrooke wrote: »

It will come - it's a grower. ;-) Some fans may not be overwhelmed with it at first since we've been teased with snippets for the past 5 months. 'Trouble', 'Happy' and 'Bleeding Love' were never really teased beforehand so they were completely fresh for us.
This discussion has been closed.