Options

Peters response to Katie not filming/photographing kids

Comments

• Options
    Alexis StardustAlexis Stardust Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I remember on his last show Princess was fillimed running about with no top on, whatever age she is it just made me cringe a bit. I do like PA but I can see KP's views..
  • Options
    smashboxsmashbox Posts: 4,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou17 wrote: »
    Really????? The only time Ive noticed them not being included is when theyve been at their mothers or he's been doing promoting/recording, which naturally like any normal parent doesn't involve taking the children to work. When theyve been there they have most certainly been heavily featured :D One episode the other day they were filmed continually, even coming into to the studio whilst he was recording. If it's a 'reality' show not based on his personal life but rather his 'career' I don't see why we get so much dating this dating that, and bonfire nights, family trips etc. Its things like this PA will be lacking in his show if he removes the kids. Thats practically the bulk, all we'll be left with is promoting/recording/photoshoots/ Ego trips and penguin jokes :D He knows the children sell that's why he isn't prepared to stop filming them.

Really? So you've seen his whole series then I take it. I saw one episode of Prices and the kids were in the whole thing. I can't say if they are in her show all the time though as I don't watch it. We shall see if she follows through with this... I'd be willing to bet good money she wont though.
  • Options
    smashboxsmashbox Posts: 4,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I remember on his last show Princess was fillimed running about with no top on, whatever age she is it just made me cringe a bit. I do like PA but I can see KP's views..

That is a bit cringy!:o On the one eppie I saw of Prices reality show she was clearing stuff out of her garage and came across an old modelling pic of her and you could see her arse, she asked the kids who's that! I thougt that was a bit cringy! Mind you they will see that and alot more as they grow up!
  • Options
    Alexis StardustAlexis Stardust Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does CAN Ass. control PA's TV show and does KP have approval of what is shown RE. her children?
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member

Or what she wants you to think are her views.

Pete suggests that she doesn't want him to be seen as a good family man, and you have to ask yourself if he has a point. It would be a bit naive to think she's suddenly doing it in the interests of the children.

Right idea, but wrong motive imo.
  • Options
    BReal2BReal2 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pinknico wrote: »
    Still waiting for word on Harvey, if he is the same why not mention him, unless it is just being done to push Peters buttons.

Which if the result is no publicity of the children shouldn't really matter but Harvey should be included.

Doesn't Harvey attend a special needs school? I'm sure she'll claim he doesn't get bullied and that she's showing the public what every day life is like for a handicapped child or some such nonsense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    Or what she wants you to think are her views.

Pete suggests that she doesn't want him to be seen as a good family man, and you have to ask yourself if he has a point. It would be a bit naive to think she's suddenly doing it in the interests of the children.

Right idea, but wrong motive imo.

When did Peter suggest that? If he says that he's only inviting her to attack him even more.
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    BReal2 wrote: »
    When did Peter suggest that? If he says that he's only inviting her to attack him even more.

Just read it on AOL news.

And who is to say he's wrong. As I said, right idea, Kate - but wrong motive perhaps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    Just read it on AOL news.

And who is to say he's wrong. As I said, right idea, Kate - but wrong motive perhaps.

I completey agree with you about right idea,wrong motive. I saw an article where "a source" said Peter is afraid she's trying to ruin his family image. This is such nonsense,as though the public thinks the only good parents are ones who show they're kids on TV,no one will think any less of his parenting if his kids aren't on TV imo. Maybe he's afraid he'll look work obsessed and negligent without the kids on there
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,134
    Forum Member
    Hello:)

If I was as manipulative as Katie seems to be and still harbored a grudge about how the post relationship popularity was divvied up-

I would go after Peter in this way.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If I was as manipulative as Katie seems to be and still harbored a grudge about how the post relationship popularity was divvied up-

I would go after Peter in this way.

Absolutely. If I put myself into the mindset of a manipulative control freak who thinks she's above everyone else and can't over the fact that her ex dumped her then I can totally understand why she's going for the jugular and trying to destroy him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,134
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Absolutely. If I put myself into the mindset of a manipulative control freak who thinks she's above everyone else and can't over the fact that her ex dumped her then I can totally understand why she's going for the jugular and trying to destroy him.

It's the next logical step- more so because of how Peter is seen as the perfect father, an impression cultivated by his ITV2 show.

The way Kate could destabilize his popularity and make his show less interesting, is to create a issue about her kid's placement in his show.
  • Options
    changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3254226/Peter-Andre-at-war-with-Jordan-over-kids.html

Even with the spin and leaking of the story, PA does not come out of this looking good.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    changa wrote: »
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3254226/Peter-Andre-at-war-with-Jordan-over-kids.html

Even with the spin and leaking of the story, PA does not come out of this looking good.

He thinks KP's trying to spoil his family image.?

Can he really be as clueless as he comes across?? Does he not realise that he doesn't need to be filmed with his kids in order to be seen as a good family man? This shows without a shadow of a doubt imo that he sees his kids as essential to his show and how he's perceived.
  • Options
    slslsslsls Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    The children did not really feature in the latter part of Pete's series, they were more in the background if they happened to be at his house.
    I would be very surprised if Junior is on stage on the tour, especially as it would have to be with Katie's permission, which rather goes against what she has just said in the press. He anyway has school.

According to KP (which is not necessarily true) it might involve him missing school. Also would she actually have to give permission? Or would it be the case she would have to go to court to stop him, rather than just being able to withdraw permission.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    changa wrote: »

That is really, really bad. The fact that he's not even discussing it, just firing off legal letters to say he won't stop.

Those poor children, he really does just see them as an extension of himself and little moneybags doesn't he?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pete is making himself look stupid.

He should keep his mouth shut.

Katie is playing this well
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    slsls wrote: »
    That is really, really bad. The fact that he's not even discussing it, just firing off legal letters to say he won't stop.

Those poor children, he really does just see them as an extension of himself and little moneybags doesn't he?

Whatever her motives (and I am as cynical as the rest of you about them!) his actions imply that his image is more important to him than their welfare. If anyone is damaging his "perfect family man" image it is him, both with his constant use of the kids, his reaction here, and his obsession with turning Junior into a mini-me.

He is now in a no-win situation, he has made such a fuss about this he is literally, damned if he does (as he seems to think he needs the family man image to retain his career) and damned if he don't (as it ruins that aspect anyway).

Couldn't have happened to a nicer twonk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever her motives (and I am as cynical as the rest of you about them!) his actions imply that his image is more important to him than their welfare. If anyone is damaging his "perfect family man" image it is him, both with his constant use of the kids, his reaction here, and his obsession with turning Junior into a mini-me.

He is now in a no-win situation, he has made such a fuss about this he is literally, damned if he does (as he seems to think he needs the family man image to retain his career) and damned if he don't (as it ruins that aspect anyway).

Couldn't have happened to a nicer twonk.

I'm very unsure that her reasons for doing it are entirely honourable but she's played a blinder. She has backed him into a corner. If he says no he looks bad, if he says yes he loses money.

Given his reaction to her request, sending solicitors letters to say he won't stop, it would appear that despite his protestations of being the best Dad in the World EVAH! (TM) he's actually decided to take the cash rather than think about his kids. Which is disgusting really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    According to KP (which is not necessarily true) it might involve him missing school. Also would she actually have to give permission? Or would it be the case she would have to go to court to stop him, rather than just being able to withdraw persmission.

They share custody and each has the children 50% of the time. To travel round the country with Pete would mean Katie having to agree to Pete having Junior during her time. This would require her permission and that of the school as he would definitely miss school in the process.
    I can't believe that Junior's participation would be more than a video. Anything else would be crazy and would certainly need Katie's agreement.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    I'm very unsure that her reasons for doing it are entirely honourable but she's played a blinder. She has backed him into a corner. If he says no he looks bad, if he says yes he loses money.

Given his reaction to her request, sending solicitors letters to say he won't stop, it would appear that despite his protestations of being the best Dad in the World EVAH! (TM) he's actually decided to take the cash rather than think about his kids. Which is disgusting really.

Has Pete really sent solicitors' letters though and does he need to anyway. Unless Katie gets a court order or her lawyer's write to Pete first, he doesn't have to do anything differently. Since Alex is still using the children's images in his weekly column as recently as this week, how serious is she about it anyway.
    I could imagine Pete and Katie will talk about it on the phone, as they do with all matters involving the children, and it is the press making a big story out of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    Has Pete really sent solicitors' letters though and does he need to anyway. Unless Katie gets a court order or her lawyer's write to Pete first, he doesn't have to do anything differently. Since Alex is still using the children's images in his weekly column as recently as this week, how serious is she about it anyway.
    I could imagine Pete and Katie will talk about it on the phone, as they do with all matters involving the children, and it is the press making a big story out of it.

There would be no story for the press to make a big deal out of if he hadn't used his column to try and make her choice seem strange.

She put it out there, but generally it was ignored and Kp twaddle - he has both legitimised it and acted as though it is a weird thing to do for the kids.

I can imagine unicorns.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

'Honourable' and 'KP' in the same sentence. :D

But she has played a blinder. He is now between a rock and a hard place. I'm just astonished that he can't seem to see how this looks, him seeing it as her trying to interfere in his business when it should be plain to him that, regardless of her motivations, it's not about him at all but about what's best for the kids! He seems so focused on himself that he's completely missing this crucial issue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    'Honourable' and 'KP' in the same sentence. :D

But she has played a blinder. He is now between a rock and a hard place. I'm just astonished that he can't seem to see how this looks, him seeing it as her trying to interfere in his business when it should be plain to him that, regardless of her motivations, it's not about him at all but about what's best for the kids! He seems so focused on himself that he's completely missing this crucial issue.

Isn't that what we have always said, though?:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its interesting that rather than focus on whether Mr. Andre will stop filming and photographing his children, which would be the best move for them, her motives are being questioned and ridiculed. She does something that a lot of us have been saying should happen and, yet, its poor Pete as she is trying to make him look bad again and she wont let it go:rolleyes: Hes nearly 40 and, if its wrong to use your children as a prop, it doesn't matter who is saying it.

Im also fascinated by the perception that divorced couples get on and sit around a table and make mutually acceptable decisions for their children. Of course they dont. This couple certainly wont, primarily because at one point he wouldn't see her and everything was done through lawyers. It may have thawed recently, but then he started court action again.

I think Katie accepts she has made a fortune and lot of it came from her children and enough is enough. I have watched both their series and the children are heavily featured in his and, definitely in this last series, only small bits in Katies. But the proportion of their input is immaterial and she has said she wont film them. He has to follow suit, whether he likes it or not.
This discussion has been closed.