Options

Anyone actually prefer Rebecca's 'winner' song?

RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I liked Matt's winners song but loved Rebbeca's.

Had I not been watching on delay I think I would have actually voted for her :o

That was the performance I was waiting for her to pull out of the hat!!

Too little too late I guess.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved it as well, especially the falsetto part of the song. A perfect song choice for her.
  • Options
    GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought both "winner" songs were abysmal dirges TBH...

Frankly I really can't imagine why anyone would want ho hear either of them again, much less pay to do so!
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither were good, but hers was better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I preferred Rebecca's song choice. Matt's song choice goes on and on and on going nowhere. Bloody awful song.
  • Options
    mrellis33mrellis33 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i couldn't stand Rebeccas song. It was unbeleivably bad. I felt sorry for the girl as i think she may have had a good chance of winning if she didn't duet with Christina and had a better winners song.

Oh well, i'm sure she'll do okay.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    Neither of them screamed winners song and both of the 'winning performances' were pretty crap lets be honest.

They showed a clip of Alexandra singing Halleluljah (sp?) and that was a winning performance - it was so fantastic.

Both Matt and Rebecca seemed to have given up by the time they reached the winners song.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought Rebecca's song was much better and hope she gets to release it as her first single.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I much preferred Matts winning song but thought Rebecca blew Matt out of the water with Sweet Dreams - she was unbelievable. Well done Rebecca.
  • Options
    MerityMerity Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I much preferred Rebeccas winners song.

Didnt like Matts.
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merity wrote: »
    I much preferred Rebeccas winners song.

Didn't like Matts.

Agreed.

I started this season thinking that Matt was good but he deteriorated in the last two or three weeks, presumably because of his illness.

I've always been a Rebecca fan, even though she hardly ever moved. I had to laugh when they made her "move" in the final by the dancers turning round her podium.

Syco would have no idea how to market Rebecca if she had won - after all, they can't even market Leona properly!

Matt may survive - especially if he manages to hold out to record how he wants. I could not believe what has happened to Joe - the public voted for him how he appeared on the show and his latest record sounds nothing like that - not surprising that it is failing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither were brillaint but Becca's was better than Matt's, whose is awful even if I don't mind the person singing it.
  • Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must confess I didnt like either of them.

I thought Rebecca sung better on the night, but neither song really grabs me as a 'must listen to' kind of thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    I did not like either song. Hope Rebecca does not release hers. Better to do Sweet Dreams
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *hands up*
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither of them screamed winners song and both of the 'winning performances' were pretty crap lets be honest.

They showed a clip of Alexandra singing Halleluljah (sp?) and that was a winning performance - it was so fantastic.

Both Matt and Rebecca seemed to have given up by the time they reached the winners song.

I thought Ms Burke murdered Hallelujah to be honest - lothed her version of it

I actually rewound and listened to Rebecca again after the result :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,848
    Forum Member
    This is a grumpy old place some days. I am usually as bad too, but I loved both their winner's songs, especially Rebecca's - which I felt was her best performance of the series. She has done enough to convince me she will be around for a quite a bit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    I did! I wish I could buy that one instead.
  • Options
    bill luvs t.vbill luvs t.v Posts: 1,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought Rebecca's was a lot better but didn't like either
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were both unmemorable dirges and actually I would have preferred to listent to Wand Erection's Forever Young, whcih I believe was their winner's song. And that is saying something!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought both songs were extremely dull with Matt having the (marginally) more interesting song but Rebecca singing (slightly) better.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Didn't like either of them much but preferred Rebecca's song.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't like Rebecca's song at all, actually thought she sounded terrible on it, Matt's I have listened to again and again, the released version sounds brilliant although would have preferred Nights in White Satin as his winners song.
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Yes. On the night, Rebecca was the best act. But, Matt has paid a lot more dues, and is the better singer overall. So that obviously counted a lot with the voters.

The one thing Matt does not have, which a made-up Rebecca does, is sheer on stage charisma. I would not be at all surprised to find Rebecca doing MUCH better in the US market, when she can be touted as the new Sade/ Nina Simone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed. The good old days:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't keen on either - quite liked the One Direction one though !