Options

Andre and Australian floods

Comments

• Options
    ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sionnaigh wrote: »
    Let me get this right....................because I try and avoid the KP/AR/PA threads (I've lost my hard hat :D! ).

Peter Andre comments on a current news item, in his column in some magazine or other, (i.e. I believe the example given was Liz Hurley?) and gets condemned in certain quarters for it?

Peter Andre doesn't comment on a current news item, in his column in some magazine or other, (i.e. the floods in Australia) and gets condemned in certain quarters for it?

Perhaps he borrowed my hard hat and is wearing it whilst standing in the middle of a field wondering which way to turn for the best - cos no matter which way he goes, it'll be wrong??:D

Sheesh - no wonder I'm :confused:

*backs out of thread gracefully, opens door and............................ bloody legs it* :)

In a nutshell. :D:D:D

Please don't go I love your sense of humour and logic.

*backs out of thread unceremoniously, re-opens door and............................ bloody legs it after sionnaigh trying to pull them back in* :):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmmm my bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but what I do with my money donation wise disasters and any other charity is done privately and not for the benefit of the public knowing.....

PA is English with Greek Cypriot parentage not Australian

Poor lad is damned if he does or damned if he doesn't..

Next someone will be wanting to know how regular he goes to the bathroom *rolls eyes*
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a ridicdulous thread, I agree with pretty much everyone else here, the fact is that he has mentioned it, just not enough for the op's liking, has anyone besides bunny even seen this column?
  • Options
    changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D

This thread is hilarious! Bunny, you make me laugh :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    He definitely has an Austrailian accent though! Although I'm not keen on Peter Andre in this case I can kind of see where he's coming from because if he'd done something big I would have thought it was pretty blatant opportunism, maybe he realised that and decided not to do anything for that reason, and as another poster said, we don't know what he's donated in private.

Is there really any kind of big drive for funds? I haven't had any boxes shaken at me, and Australia is a big developed country with it's own infrastructure and they're not having half as bad economic problems as we are, I'm not sure they even need that much help.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The floods have wiped out whole communities, many thousands of families were under insured or could not insured at all. There are people who have lost quite literally everything they have materially to say nothing of those who have lost family. The loss of community means most jobs are gone for the time being and people have no money coming in but must still house and feed themselves.
    Like Katrina these floods have hit hardest in poorer communities where without help many of these people will never get back on their feet. Governments will pay for rebuilding infrastructure not individual homes and jobs. It does not matter how developed a government is a disaster on this scale affecting so many people is always a full scale emergency.
    The Australian government has dealt well with minimising a loss of life as much as they could, but it will take billions to rebuild the infrastructure they cannot afford to pay out the public as well.
  • Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmmm my bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but what I do with my money donation wise disasters and any other charity is done privately and not for the benefit of the public knowing.....

PA is English with Greek Cypriot parentage not Australian

Poor lad is damned if he does or damned if he doesn't..

Next someone will be wanting to know how regular he goes to the bathroom *rolls eyes*

Not that it's really relevant, but I thought Peter's parent's live in Australia and have done for 30 + years.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I expect a statement from CAN saying that he was asked but couldn't do it as he had ALL the kids...(You know even the one that isn't his.)...and you know how little time he gets with them.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    I expect a statement from CAN saying that he was asked but couldn't do it as he had ALL the kids...(You know even the one that isn't his.)...and you know how little time he gets with them.:rolleyes:

Or he is dedicating his next single to the victims.

Blimey have they not suffered enough.:D
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Poor Pete. People have to invent stories in order to slag him off. He'll never get the better of his ex in that department I suppose.

Recent comments just prove that if he had gone public about the floods, the usual suspects would be having a dig about that too - using people's despair for his own ends etc.

Pathetic frankly. And as people died, I don't think it's a subject for levity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    Poor Pete. People have to invent stories in order to slag him off. He'll never get the better of his ex in that department I suppose.

Recent comments just prove that if he had gone public about the floods, the usual suspects would be having a dig about that too - using people's despair for his own ends etc.

Pathetic frankly. And as people died, I don't think it's a subject for levity.

It is a showbiz forum with a little banter. Nothing to be taken seriously IMO.

Trying to take the moral high ground as if people don't actually care about the people in Australia is a little OTT.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goldiloks wrote: »
    It is a showbiz forum with a little banter. Nothing to be taken seriously IMO.

Trying to take the moral high ground as if people don't actually care about the people in Australia is a little OTT.

It is rather. Humour-fail.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm sure people care. I personally don't think it's something to joke about. It's in poor taste, and even worse, it's being used to fabricate a non-event.

And for the record, I'd be saying the same thing if people were using it as a stick to beat KP with as well.

Taking the moral high ground doesn't come into it.
  • Options
    changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure people care. I personally don't think it's something to joke about. It's in poor taste, and even worse, it's being used to fabricate a non-event.

And for the record, I'd be saying the same thing if people were using it as a stick to beat KP with as well.

Taking the moral high ground doesn't come into it.

Sure you would :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    changa wrote: »
    Sure you would :rolleyes:

Sure I would what?

You dont know me, so please don't dismiss what I'm saying without some kind of proof that you know what you're talking about.

On more than one occasion I've dismissed comments about KP because of the source, and I've also defended her when people have posted similar kind of scraping the barrel comments, the most recent being the thread that claims she forgot Harvey.

I'd prefer it if you didn't imply that I'm a liar, thanks.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sure I would what?

You dont know me, so please don't dismiss what I'm saying without some kind of proof that you know what you're talking about.

On more than one occasion I've dismissed comments about KP because of the source, and I've also defended her when people have posted similar kind of scraping the barrel comments, the most recent being the thread that claims she forgot Harvey.

I'd prefer it if you didn't imply that I'm a liar, thanks.

I think we can safely say that the forum has now come full circle.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter has just tweeted about his brother in Australia and is obviously worried about the situation
    where they are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never! Is this his 1st Aussie floods-related tweet?

I think someone's had a read of the DS Showbiz forum... :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »

Read the tweets lexi and then see if you are still laughing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pinknico wrote: »
    Read the tweets lexi and then see if you are still laughing.

I've read them, thanks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »

The tweets are not about the floods, but about the cyclone that is about to hit Australia and it seems the area where Pete's family live - people are being evacuated at this very time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If his family live where they did when featured on the programme with Jordan then they weren't directly affected by the floods as family of mine live a few doors down from them.

I believe although could be wrong that they are at the edge of the typhoon on the Gold Coast, still bad but not the epicentre.

I'm not a fan of Peter Andre but I think it would have been tacky to announce from the roof tops "I've donated to Queensland flood appeal." It’s not fair to criticise him for not participating in some cheap publicity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    Pete's brothers and families live in Cairns, which I believe is expected to be hard-hit by the cyclone and, according to his tweets, they can't leave the area. He said his parents are safe on the Gold Coast
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If his family live where they did when featured on the programme with Jordan then they weren't directly affected by the floods as family of mine live a few doors down from them.

I believe although could be wrong that they are at the edge of the typhoon on the Gold Coast, still bad but not the epicentre.

I'm not a fan of Peter Andre but I think it would have been tacky to announce from the roof tops "I've donated to Queensland flood appeal." It’s not fair to criticise him for not participating in some cheap publicity.

His mum and dad live on the gold coast but his brother lives in cairns apparently
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cyclone must be worth mentioning, because his family are in the area. The floods sadly not:rolleyes:

He wants to be from "Oz" when it suits him, but Sting has put his hand in his pocket to help the flood victims. We know that Mr. Andre hasnt done the same, because he tells us about every aspect of his life. Bet the cyclone gets a mention in the column next week, to demonstrate "family man" once again:rolleyes: