Options

Talent Ban

Spanner82Spanner82 Posts: 1,214
Forum Member
✭✭✭
must just be me but am I the only one annoyed by the influx of singers we've had in this series of BGT? IMO Singers should be banned from BGT and just be kept to X-Factor and BGT should be for everything else.

Comments

• Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spanner82 wrote: »
    must just be me but am I the only one annoyed by the influx of singers we've had in this series of BGT? IMO Singers should be banned from BGT and just be kept to X-Factor and BGT should be for everything else.

I'm annoyed that parents have let their teenage and under girls use the phone.
  • Options
    jg.jg. Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But then we'd get a shocking proportion of 8yr old girls in costumes dancing maniacally while their mummies wait in the wings......

or impressionists who do the same impressions as everyone else without a funny script to go with it....

or an influx of "street" dancers who think that having action freezes mid-performance and male booming voice-overs at key moments to signify a change in theme is original....
  • Options
    Spanner82Spanner82 Posts: 1,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jg. wrote: »
    But then we'd get a shocking proportion of 8yr old girls in costumes dancing maniacally while their mummies wait in the wings......

or impressionists who do the same impressions as everyone else without a funny script to go with it....

or an influx of "street" dancers who think that having action freezes mid-performance and male booming voice-overs at key moments to signify a change in theme is original....

as long as its not singers then thats fine as we already have an ITV programme dedicated to a singing contest
  • Options
    jg.jg. Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spanner82 wrote: »
    as long as its not singers then thats fine as we already have an ITV programme dedicated to a singing contest

And several dedicated to dancing across the channels.
    And a few to do with comedy (albeit not prime time).

Yet not many dedicated to old men plucking nostril hairs to the National Anthem...maybe it is time....

But one could always um..not watch!
  • Options
    treasurehuntertreasurehunter Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    I don't mind singers as long as they're good singers (Paul Potts, Susan Boyle, Jonathan & Charlotte, etc...) and not run-of-the-mill pop singers who wouldn't sound out of place at a karaoke night. All of the singers this year have been average at best and in a few weeks will go back into obscurity.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Singers on XF the rest on BGT, agreed.
    Why is this so hard for them to work out?
    Syco are moving into film, cooking etc so they should be able to sign up a comedian.
  • Options
    treasurehuntertreasurehunter Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    marianner wrote: »
    Singers on XF the rest on BGT, agreed.
    Why is this so hard for them to work out?
    Syco are moving into film, cooking etc so they should be able to sign up a comedian.

There's a place for singers on BGT, but at the auditions they should give any pop singers/boy bands/girl bands an application form for X-Factor instead.
  • Options
    mark e amark e a Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the large proportion of singers gives me the impression that in the next few years X Factor and BGT will merge into one mega-show with two series each year.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a place for singers on BGT, but at the auditions they should give any pop singers/boy bands/girl bands an application form for X-Factor instead.

The only singers I think belong on BGT are opera singers. They would be hard to vocally mentor on shows like XF etc.

Otherwise no. Im so tired of seeing singers everywhere. Thats not the only talent there is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    I stand to be corrected here but as it stands at the moment. The 10 acts through to the final incl.
    - 5 singing acts
    - 3 dance acts
    - 1 magician
    - 1 violinist (musical)
    And one wild card act, who I wouldn't bet aginst being Light Balance (dancers).

So if I'm right. Thats a total of four differing acts in all. No comediens, no impersonators, no jugglers, mind readers etc. So what people might say, they're the acts who got through. True, but spin that on it's head. What if the finalist instead where made up of.
    - 5 comedians
    - 3 impressionists
    - 1 singer
    - 1 dancer.
    I think there would be outrage that the show was being hogged by comedians and impressionists. Being a cynic I think the split is what it is for a reason. Can anyone read my mind? Lol.
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Whilst talking to the judges on BGMT last night it was even mentioned that there are in fact only two variety acts in the whole final, but no one seemed to care or concerned at all.

And someone has reported on here that they went to the auditions and some really good acts where sent home whilst crap was put through.
  • Options
    wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And someone has reported on here that they went to the auditions and some really good acts where sent home whilst crap was put through.

That means that one person on the Digital Spy forums disagrees with the judges selections but it doesn't mean: "really good acts were sent home whilst crap was put through."