Big Brother 15; WHATM’s Little Brother; links’n’chat; all contributions welcome

richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,915
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
Opening address courtesy of our late friend Sad BB Addict who unfortunately is no longer with us :(

For newbies, it's a thread for posting tweets, C5, Facebook stuff, links to video clips, newspaper and magazine articles - anything relevant to CBB that's not big enough to deserve its own thread.
Also short comments and discussion. There's also the Little Court thread for general chit-chat.

The idea of this is someone can get in from work/college etc and skim quickly through the thread to see what's been occurring.

It's worked well in the past because there was rarely duplication. If you're posting say a tweet, hit Refresh first in case someone's done it already. If someone's already doing the tweets, leave them to it. After an hour you could post "would you like me to take over?".

When C5 took over and abolished live feeds, we posted the C5, Youtube and Facebook links for the videos, as some didn't have Facebook and others were boycotting the C5 site over the live feed issue. This doesn't seem to matter now, so we could just post the first one that appears.

Comments

• jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this Richie. This thread will be a nice memorial for SadBBAddict.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    jeanoj wrote: »
    Thanks for this Richie. This thread will be a nice memorial for SadBBAddict.

I'll second this.
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a little something from me before we officially get underway

Sad BB Addict will be sadly missed and this series thread is dedicated to his memory as will all future Little Brother threads should people want them in the future as the fight for some decent live feed goes on when the show passes over to Viacom

A few series ago when we lost the live feed, he came up with the idea for this thread to keep us informed of goings on in the house for the benefit of those that maybe didn't have the luxury of social media

Since then it has evolved with lots more people chipping in to help when needed and for that a big thank you to everyone who does and will help in this thread for the forthcoming series and beyond :)

Personally I would like to say Sad BB Addict was one of a kind and can never be replaced

To quote Commander/Captain Riker in the TNG episode The Best of Both Worlds, I can never replace SBBA and nor would I even try. He would want us where he could rely on us to relay all the information possible when he was unavailable. I am sure he would have something inspirational to say to get the thread officially underway along with the opening address, to tell you the truth I wish he was still around so I could read it as well

RIP my friend, we'll try and do you proud and wherever you are up there I do hope you will be watching along with the rest of us
  • erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodnight SBBA ...sleep safe .
    I will raise a glass to you when BB starts tonight .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a reminder, you might wanna grab the official #BBUK iOS app before tonight... http://bigbrother.channel5.com/rylan-says-download-app … pic.twitter.com/hpHmEOxEVo
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Hello everyone, looking forward to the run :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    Not BBUK news but Big Brother 16 USA begins on June 25, it's always good fun. For anyone who is interested there is a thread with the latest news here and we will be discussing the show throughout the entire run:
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=72988467
    :)
  • piparrotpiparrot Posts: 14,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no, poor Sad... So sorry to hear this
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim Davidson @JimDOfficial · 51m

I'm on Big Brother other bit tonight! I wonder if Linda will be there?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What we know so far

Launch night - 2 parter, 10 going in tonight and there WILL be an opening night twist confirmed by Ma Willis earlier today and an iphone or Ipad will be needed to be part of the action

Housemates - Not much to go on at the moment....49 year old and someone who used to be 'associated' with Wayne Rooney unofficially confirmed

Unofficially confirmed not to be going in - Brad Long and Liddia Railton Newby

Liddia more or less denied it herself on her Facebook page

House - Very colorful and bright, whether that be deliberate or not time will tell, Diary room doorbell has been put back in but the hand scanner remains to open the actual Diary Room door

Diary room chair - Very space age

Housemates won't have direct access to Twitter but it will be at production's discretion when they do get to have a look

Vote to Evict unless stated otherwise
    Forum Member
    erin_p wrote: »
    Jim Davidson @JimDOfficial · 51m

I'm on Big Brother other bit tonight! I wonder if Linda will be there?

Gina and Dexter will also be on.
  • EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you Richie. Let the games begin :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doctor Detroit will be on the air after SOTS has finished tonight and tomorrow

http://www.bbcouchpotatoes.com/

And there will be live feed albeit 25 minutes after both launches and evictions and probably a separate WHATM will go up during SOTS for those particular shows on 5
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »

Personally I would like to say Sad BB Addict was one of a kind and can never be replaced

To quote Commander/Captain Riker in the TNG episode The Best of Both Worlds, I can never replace SBBA and nor would I even try. He would want us where he could rely on us to relay all the information possible when he was unavailable. I am sure he would have something inspirational to say to get the thread officially underway along with the opening address, to tell you the truth I wish he was still around so I could read it as well

RIP my friend, we'll try and do you proud and wherever you are up there I do hope you will be watching along with the rest of us

Sorry to have truncated your post but just want to re-iterate what you said. SBBA will be massively missed not just on the BB forum but over DS many DS forums. He really was one of a kind and I hope we can continue his legacy as best we can!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Gina and Dexter will also be on.

Yes and no:

Who's got the power? @iamGinaRio and @dexter_koh will be taking over @bbuk from 9pm tonight! #BBPowerTrip

But Gina will be on BOTS itself
  • SCOUSE-DUDESCOUSE-DUDE Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP SBBA, my thoughts with his friends and family, pure dedication to the thread was always appreciated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can this thread be pinned ? cheers in advance .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bbspy ‏@bbspy 22m

Bye bye @BBBOTS - Big Brother only has two Twitter accounts now, @bbuk and @bbuklive
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some housemate teasers

Fancy a sneaky peek at the brand new housemates? 'Ears' your first one...
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpYffqgIQAAMBv5.jpg

This housemate is putting their best foot forward. #BBPowerTrip
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpYjIAdIgAEBot_.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpYmrQiIUAA9b4s.jpg

Here's your next housemate teaser. Before you get too excited, no it's not @Rylan
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    bbspy ‏@bbspy 22m

Bye bye @BBBOTS - Big Brother only has two Twitter accounts now, @bbuk and @bbuklive

That's annoying as the @BBBOTS feed always gave us prior warning of what eejits would be on that night's panel
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dexter_koh ‏@dexter_koh 1m

On route . To @bbuk launch . ☺️ think I just did a little wee. Summer is here . new gossip girl hair cut & koh body canstop me #powertrip