Options

Hairdressers that get very upset when you don't make an appointment with them but

zsazsazsazsazsazsazsazsa Posts: 667
Forum Member
✭✭
choose to use the walk-in no appointment service. In the past I have found so many hairdressers only do my hair the way I want it the first time and it is downhill after that. My hair is either cut it too short, not don't cut enough or they decide how they want to do my hair and not way I want it. I don't want to hear hairdressers blaming my hair for being stubborn, difficult blah blah blah. I just got so fed up I just didn't want to go the hairdressers again and then I found a hairdressing salon where you can just walk in for a standby appointment. I only now want my shoulder length hair washed, trimmed and not blow dried. So when I go back to same salon to have it trimmed again on a standby appointment I am always asked if I haven't been there before and given dagger looks by the hairdresser that did my hair last time because I have not made an appointment with her. I personally think that if the hairdressers do have a problem with the salon offering a walk-in service they should just bring it up with the salon's boss and also consider that it keeps the salon in business when customers return and not take it personally that you prefer not to make an appointment with them by want a standby appointment.

Comments

• Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,433
    Forum Member
    Sounds like a bitchy salon!

I'd find a new one if I were you.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely love the salon I go to. It's a salon, but every single hairdresser who works there works for themselves and are independent. So there's none of the regimented service crap that you get in Toni and Guy...in chain salons like that they are all taught how to cut a certain style in a certain way and there's no individuality to what the hairdressers do. In this salon I go to, all of the hairdressers are really experienced, and by that I don't mean they've worked in a Toni and guy for 10 years!! They all really know hair and know what they're doing. It's reasonably priced too. Usually costs me £40 for a men's cut and blow dry. It's in London.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love the salon I go to. It's a salon, but every single hairdresser who works there works for themselves and are independent. So there's none of the regimented service crap that you get in Toni and Guy...in chain salons like that they are all taught how to cut a certain style in a certain way and there's no individuality to what the hairdressers do. In this salon I go to, all of the hairdressers are really experienced, and by that I don't mean they've worked in a Toni and guy for 10 years!! They all really know hair and know what they're doing. It's reasonably priced too. Usually costs me £40 for a men's cut and blow dry. It's in London.

What is the name/ location in London?
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's called Billy and Bo. There's one on Brewer Street which has been there for ages, and they've just opened up another one very recently on Great Windmill Street. It's all very laid back in there, very relaxed, it's not a "chain-like" salon at all. All independent hairdressers. There's a guy in there who cuts my hair and even when I book an appointment, he'll fit me in at a time where he knows he'll have enough time to actually do my hair properly. It's not like a Toni and Guy or a Rush where there's standard appointment times. They fit you in and they take as long as it takes to do your hair...nor rushing to finish because there's another customer. It's a great salon and I'd definitely recommend it.
  • Options
    zsazsazsazsazsazsazsazsa Posts: 667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A hairdresser told me that all hairdressers "rent a chair" at hair salons now. I don't know how it works I suppose if you are a junior the hair salon employs you and after that you become self-employed? I think that that makes it very difficult for some hairdressers if you don't make an appointment with them but prefer to use the walk-in service where any free hairdresser does it who does not have a booking at that time. If I found a hairdresser who could keep doing my hair how she did it first time and that was why I went back again........................I would stick with her but they always seem to want to do it differently to how I want it. :(
  • Options
    Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a hairdressers In Norwich which perfectly describes your description. The Crop Shop, they have walk in appointments too. Come back in 15 minutes they say and you wait in basically a line of other walk in appointments, this line is uncontrably and unruly, as you can sit anywhere in the shop and they drag you around and you end up waiting more then you would of liked too. When you do eventually get a hairdresser it turns out to be a young girl with boredom plastered on her face, she can`t get rid of you soon enough as she sends you up the steps to get your hair washed. I did hair & Beauty at college and one of the rules was no dangeling jewellery like necklaces, what did she have? Her gold chain Hitting my head. I think the salon is a rent a chair aswell because they have their bags besides their stations, another health and safe risk breached. So yeah, while I try and get a word out of the girl the hairdressers across from her are chatting, giggling, gossiping whilst on their phones, you do get the thought if they are laughing at you. You most certainly get the thought they will b*tch once you are gone. Never again, can get something better for £10 then having to deal with that lot.