Options

A bit of positivity?

Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
Forum Member
I will probably get slated putting this on here but the amount of negativity and quite literally hatred the show has stirred up has me baffled, its like people want it to fail but when you look at the postives it was a good show. I know it was an expensive accquisition for the BBC but personally I really enjoyed it and I know lots of others who did as well. The talent was good, Leanne was excellent in the final and derserved to win (it doesn't matter if her single/album flop, she will find a career in music whether its west end or releasing and will be substantially better known now, the music industry isn't all about number 1's) so did Bo, Becky, Max and a few of the others. Its less of a circus than X Factor, no pretenious 'anybody can audition' nonsense and the standard is kept high which I liked. (I'm not into public humiliation) and the contestants are helped to develop first by giving some pre-audition coaching and then by their coaches (No theme weeks, gimmicky 'twists' etc...) and its nice that everyone is a jobbing musician as they've put the work in and derserve a break and it doesn't promise the earth to a prentenious pre-teen who haven't worked at it. The blinds and battles are tense and exciting as well. Ok, the show isn't perfect but its mainly presentation issues. Holly should be Media Correspondant and Reggie should present. (but I think the reason that was done is that she barely featured in the blinds) The format needs work to make sure better singers don't go out (which is exactly what they're formulating for the third american series) and to make the results live but overall its been a success for the BBC and I can't wait until its back next year. For some reason the press and memebers of the public seem delighted that its had its problems and want it to be cancelled etc... but then we would lose a good piece of saturday night entertainment that is the most successful first series of a Talent show ever and lose an alternative to watching Mr Smug Face on ITV. I think it was a good job and with improvements will be truly excellent next year :D (sorry for the rant :p)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    I will probably get slated putting this on here but the amount of negativity and quite literally hatred the show has stirred up has me baffled, its like people want it to fail but when you look at the postives it was a good show. I know it was an expensive accquisition for the BBC but personally I really enjoyed it and I know lots of others who did as well. The talent was good, Leanne was excellent in the final and derserved to win (it doesn't matter if her single/album flop, she will find a career in music whether its west end or releasing and will be substantially better known now, the music industry isn't all about number 1's) so did Bo, Becky, Max and a few of the others. Its less of a circus than X Factor, no pretenious 'anybody can audition' nonsense and the standard is kept high which I liked. (I'm not into public humiliation) and the contestants are helped to develop first by giving some pre-audition coaching and then by their coaches (No theme weeks, gimmicky 'twists' etc...) and its nice that everyone is a jobbing musician as they've put the work in and derserve a break and it doesn't promise the earth to a prentenious pre-teen who haven't worked at it. The blinds and battles are tense and exciting as well. Ok, the show isn't perfect but its mainly presentation issues. Holly should be Media Correspondant and Reggie should present. (but I think the reason that was done is that she barely featured in the blinds) The format needs work to make sure better singers don't go out (which is exactly what they're formulating for the third american series) and to make the results live but overall its been a success for the BBC and I can't wait until its back next year. For some reason the press and memebers of the public seem delighted that its had its problems and want it to be cancelled etc... but then we would lose a good piece of saturday night entertainment that is the most successful first series of a Talent show ever and lose an alternative to watching Mr Smug Face on ITV. I think it was a good job and with improvements will be truly excellent next year :D (sorry for the rant :p)

Thank you Cestrian.

I enjoyed the first series too,and you are right things need a bit of changing/tweaking here and there. You know there's always people who want things to go belly up,it sells newsprint (sadly).:rolleyes: The voice WILL be back next year,they'll learn the lessons of the first series. The standard of artist was excellent,and if it hadn't been for the show i would never have found Becky Hill. :cool:

But if they tour after it,the tickets should be £15 -£18 and not £40.00:rolleyes: By the way i hate the x factor.!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wall of text.
  • Options
    brettriotbrettriot Posts: 200
    Forum Member

Oh my god, this is just perfect, I completely agree with you. This is exactly what I wanted to say a couple of days ago, but you beat me to it haha :)
  • Options
    maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are so right. This is the only alternative we have to Cowell's shows and we should be supporting it. Of course mistakes were made but I'm sure they will be corrected next time. As it is, they have produced some very talented people who I look forward to seeing more of in the future.

No doubt this thread will get slated, positivity isn't popular on DS.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Just wanted to say that I agree with you. I gave up on Xfactor years ago and was less than impressed when the BBC said that there was going to be another singing show. However, to my surprise, I really enjoyed The Voice and watched it the whole way through. It's received so much negativity that you would think no one enjoyed it but I really did and will be watching next year.
  • Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Good post, but no doubt will get slated since DS only really post articles about the show if it reflects badly on the show, they havent even mentioned that Tyler and Bo have been signed by UMG and Mercury Records (U2, Justin Bieber, The Killers and so on..) respectively and are both playing major festivals in the summer, nice reporting DS!

Heres a link..

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/musicnews/Bo+Bruce-244659.html